PDA

View Full Version : Bbq

Excessive Force
07-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Lookin to get ANOTHER propane grill. I seem to have bad luck with the 4 that i have owned in the past. Thank goodness for the good ol charcoal back up grill. All have had the same prob. Good flames when new but a couple of months of use and it seems "high" is always tooo low!! anyone have any suggestions??? Not looking for an island type complete w palapa or anything like that. just the reg. thanks

CrazyHippy
07-09-2005, 11:46 PM
You know you have to put more propane in the tank right... :idea:
I've had great luck w/ the chargrill I picked up from Lowes. It's the smallest on they had like 150 bucks and it's going strong still 8 months later and no problems yet.
Be sure to keep it covered, makes a world of difference.
BJH :p

Excessive Force
07-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Be sure to keep it covered, makes a world of difference.
I never kept any of them covered. i guess it makes a difference? and yea i always refill the tank when having the problems. problem kept on. comeon people i know all of you have BBQ's!

bchbum
07-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Do you open the valve on the tank all the way ? Someone closed mine down most of the way once & I had a very low flame

JetBoatRich
07-10-2005, 07:54 AM
There is a vent/misture usually under the BBQ to adjust for proper flame :idea:

ahhell
07-10-2005, 08:10 AM
I avoid the clogged flame prob by using charcoal...OK, I do light the charcoal with propane...Ive only had 2 grills in 20+ years, both Weber kettles, the best ... imho

Boozer
07-10-2005, 01:16 PM
The best luck I've had with propane has been using Weber and Brinkman. Both have been great to use although, it is pretty easy to over due the heat witrh the weber you gotta learn the controls on them or you will burn stuff up quickly.
I convinced my father to make the switch to natural gas and will be trying a new built in Fire Magic Bar B Q in the next few weeks. Never had any experience with the brand before but got a smokin deal on the grill.

charlyox
07-10-2005, 02:53 PM
you can't go wrong with a Weber gas grille. They work great.I've had mine for 6 years and still working great. Keep it covered when not in use.

Excessive Force
07-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Ok looks like Weber or Brinkman. ANd keep it covered! think ill try the mixture dealio! thanks all!!! :D :D I knew there had to be a few BBQ connuesuers on this forum, just a couple. :notam:

NoCal NoBoat
07-10-2005, 08:48 PM
EF -
I'll put in a good word for my Weber "Q" grille... It's got the same heavy
grill as the full grown Webers, and it makes for a big difference. I haven't
fawked up anything yet I've cooked. It was big enough to do four tri-tips
for my daughter's graduation party.
Plus, with the rolling canvas bag, it's pretty portable. (40-45 lbs, I'm guessing). It uses the long propane bottles (not the green Coleman ones). I've got the adapter and the standard Blue Rhino tank for home use.
Tonight's chicken was excellent. Just some McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken
Rub from the jar and nothing else...

ssmike
07-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Get a Dynasty. Last grill you will ever own. Period.
Just be prepared for the sticker shock. :D :D

river chaser
07-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Try Costco
I went there last year and picked up a stainless steel for $300
Best grill I ever owned!