PDA

View Full Version : free 05 f-250 stock running boards

ryantparks
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
for crewcab if anyone wants them. P/u in South O.C

cc322
07-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Are they the black plastic ones? if they are I'll take them. I am in Mission Viejo and will they fit a 03. I think they will. What did you replace them with?

ryantparks
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
yes, black plastic or a dark grey something like that. I replaced them with the amp steps. Come get them! I'll be home the whole day. Ryan 949 589-3833

Riverkid
07-10-2005, 11:37 PM
I've got a set of the chrome ones they are shipping with the '05 crewcabs I took off if anyone's interested. I'm in Corona.

riverroyal
07-12-2005, 02:50 PM
i want them,,,,still have them,either of you guys????come up tommorrow,tell me what time

riverroyal
07-12-2005, 02:50 PM
05 crew cab,,

ryantparks
07-12-2005, 07:54 PM
cc322 has mine, sorry

Riverkid
07-13-2005, 06:18 PM
I think I've got Riverroyal handled with mine. One less thing to trip on headed out to the trash cans after dark... Trying to get him hooked up now.

h2oski2fast
07-13-2005, 07:25 PM
You guys a little short on cash and parting out your trucks already? :D :D :D

Riverkid
07-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Yah D! Anything for more boat gas money for us poor boys in the 951. Those things hang down too far and since my truck actually gets 4 by'd they would last exactly 14 seconds once in the dirt with a crew/LB setup. I can't decide which lift to get yet. Plus the old school ones keep the rubber from kicking all those nice sharp little rocks from coming up and taking the paint off the bottom half of the front doors. You've been to Echo. Those focking little gravel rocks take three miles too come out of the tread... Plus wifey kicked one the other night and it's easier to give them to somebody that wants them.

riverroyal
07-13-2005, 08:10 PM
left you a message,thanks again.

Riverkid
07-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Check your PM's. Gotcha covered.

h2oski2fast
07-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Yah D! Anything for more boat gas money for us poor boys in the 951. Those things hang down too far and since my truck actually gets 4 by'd they would last exactly 14 seconds once in the dirt with a crew/LB setup. I can't decide which lift to get yet. Plus the old school ones keep the rubber from kicking all those nice sharp little rocks from coming up and taking the paint off the bottom half of the front doors. You've been to Echo. Those focking little gravel rocks take three miles too come out of the tread... Plus wifey kicked one the other night and it's easier to give them to somebody that wants them.
I'll let you know what my biz partner Jason put on his truck as far as a lift, he does a ton of research before he buys. I drove his truck out to the river weekend before the 4th, and it wasn't bad for being lifted. He also put full length motorized running boards that are completely hidden when they are up, easier for the kids (so they say, how would I know?).

Riverkid
07-14-2005, 06:14 AM
I'll let you know what my biz partner Jason put on his truck as far as a lift, he does a ton of research before he buys. I drove his truck out to the river weekend before the 4th, and it wasn't bad for being lifted. He also put full length motorized running boards that are completely hidden when they are up, easier for the kids (so they say, how would I know?).
Don't sweat the kids thing, I'm sure you've got a bunch running around you just don't know about :D I'm leaning towrd the Full Traction kit but it's not out yet. Saw it at the SEMA show and it looked pretty well built. Let me know what Jason rolls with.
I swear D, you've got more loaner equipment than anybody I've ever met. River houses, boats, trucks, helicopters...

h2oski2fast
07-14-2005, 09:39 AM
I swear D, you've got more loaner equipment than anybody I've ever met. River houses, boats, trucks, helicopters...
I prefer to call them rentals. :D
Jason has a Donahoe lift w/ King Shocks. I don't know how tough they are, he doesn't wheel it much at all. The steps he has are AMP research Powersteps and they are cool.
http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=3
BTW, I ain't sweatin the kids thing.

Riverkid
07-14-2005, 01:30 PM
I prefer to call them rentals. :D
Jason has a Donahoe lift w/ King Shocks. I don't know how tough they are, he doesn't wheel it much at all. The steps he has are AMP research Powersteps and they are cool.
http://www.electricstep.com/eshop/pc/viewCat_P.asp?idCategory=3
BTW, I ain't sweatin the kids thing.
DR kits come pretty highly recommended. They are sponsoring one of the offroad series this year and are racing an '05 Ford with their kit on it, so you can bet it's sturdy. How much lift does it getcha?
My rugrats can get into my truck without steps, and they are 4, so this daddy aint forkin over $1200 just so you can get a free shot in the shins when you open the door...
Kids? You? Not yet! :eek:

ryantparks
07-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I put the Donahoe 4.5 on my 05 f-250 and it rides pretty much just like stock. Outlaw said it would ride better than stock but I personally dont think so. I also forked out the $ for the full Amp running boards and I think that it is worth the $ my wife 5' and 3 kids can easily get in know.

Riverkid
07-14-2005, 08:59 PM
What size tires are you running, 35's? Those Amp steps are the shite but I can't spend the dough on them for the once a month I might have the whole fandamily in my truck...

essexjet
07-15-2005, 04:20 AM
I think I've got Riverroyal handled with mine. One less thing to trip on headed out to the trash cans after dark... Trying to get him hooked up now.
Should have at least got some special sauce from him :D :D :D

riverroyal
07-15-2005, 01:34 PM
its in havasu and I havent hit up Toby for more,,,hey Toby stop by with some

Reaper1
07-16-2005, 04:46 PM
I put the Donahoe 4.5 on my 05 f-250 and it rides pretty much just like stock. Outlaw said it would ride better than stock but I personally dont think so. I also forked out the $ for the full Amp running boards and I think that it is worth the $ my wife 5' and 3 kids can easily get in know.
With the 4.5 Donohoe can you run a 35" tire with an 18" rim? I know the DR web site recommends a 17" rim with a 35" tire. Also, does Donahoe make a larger lift kit for the 05? Lastly, were you happy with Outlaw? Sorry for all the questions but I'm picking up a new one here in the next couple weeks. :cool:
Thanks
Reap

Riverkid
07-17-2005, 04:18 PM
With the 4.5 Donohoe can you run a 35" tire with an 18" rim? I know the DR web site recommends a 17" rim with a 35" tire. Also, does Donahoe make a larger lift kit for the 05? Lastly, were you happy with Outlaw? Sorry for all the questions but I'm picking up a new one here in the next couple weeks. :cool:
Thanks
Reap
There's a guy on here who is affiliated with DR. I would assume the wheel size from 17 to 18" would make no difference, you'd just need to make sure if your running aftermarket wheels the backspacing is right. The 05 Fords have bigger brakes so they have a min 17" wheel requirement. I have heard they are working on a 6-8" kit but it's not out yet. Yes, you can run 35" tires with their 4.5 kit. I'm going to call on Monday and see what they have going...

Reaper1
07-19-2005, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the info. I picked up an 06 yesterday. :cool: :) :)

ryantparks
07-19-2005, 08:50 AM
35'' bfg/at's. Outlaw did a good job, no problems.

H20 Toie
07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
I put on the Fabtech 6" lift with the 4" coilover and it rides alot better than stock, (37" BFG AT tires)

Riverkid
07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
That's a sweet kit, but the $5K jobber cost for that lift the FabTech guys were pitching at SEMA was fairly frightening... How do the FT shocks work? I've only run Fox's on trucks and buggies and am curious as to FT's design...

Reaper1
07-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Ok, anybody else have some running boards they want to get rid of. Prefera bly the new tubular ones. My short pregnant wife is having trouble jumping in. :D

cc322
07-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Ok, anybody else have some running boards they want to get rid of. Prefera bly the new tubular ones. My short pregnant wife is having trouble jumping in. :D
I have the plastic ones from another board member, wound up not using them, there yours if you want them.

Reaper1
07-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I'll send you a PM if I need to pick some up. :cool:

cc322
07-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks. I'll send you a PM if I need to pick some up. :cool:
My pm's still dont work so post it here if you want them or e-mail me @ cc322@cox.net

ryantparks
07-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Did those running boards I gave you not work or did you go a different route? Ryan

cc322
07-20-2005, 07:41 PM
They worked fine BUT the family liked the chrome tube ones that I have better, so I went with those until I can get the Amp bars. I like the no look for myself, but wifey is the boat backer upper so she said she needs something for now to get in :D