PDA

View Full Version : Hiremarines.com

cheezpanel
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to try to get the word out about this site. Long story short...my mom is in the process of remodeling her house. Having gone through this myself last summer with one person helping me, I decided to get some help with the demo. I was going to go to the local Home Debit and hire a few of the guys hanging around out in front of the store. Someone told me about this site so I went on and posted the job...I had tons of responses. Ended up hiring 4 marines from Pendelton. This weekend they filled a HUGE dumpster, removed a house full of carpet, scraped the whole house of all the popcorn on the ceilings, tore out all of the drywall, CLEARED the front, sides, and back yards, cut down 3 trees, etc...In other words they worked their asses off for 12$/hr, lunch, and not much more. They were more appreciative of the opportunity to make a few extra dollars than the other idiots I've hired in the past. I ended up giving them all extra money because it pisses me off that they've all been to Iraq and are going back and they still really don't make enough money to get by here in So. Cal. They all had really interesting and sad stories to tell about what's really going on overseas, let alone the families they leave behind. Anyways, I just wanted to spread the word...this is a great place to look if you need labor, etc...you'd be amazed at the qualifications some of these marines bring to the table. Check it out if you get the chance.
Bill

Ntwotrance
07-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Hey guys,
Just wanted to try to get the word out about this site. Long story short...my mom is in the process of remodeling her house. Having gone through this myself last summer with one person helping me, I decided to get some help with the demo. I was going to go to the local Home Debit and hire a few of the guys hanging around out in front of the store. Someone told me about this site so I went on and posted the job...I had tons of responses. Ended up hiring 4 marines from Pendelton. This weekend they filled a HUGE dumpster, removed a house full of carpet, scraped the whole house of all the popcorn on the ceilings, tore out all of the drywall, CLEARED the front, sides, and back yards, cut down 3 trees, etc...In other words they worked their asses off for 12$/hr, lunch, and not much more. They were more appreciative of the opportunity to make a few extra dollars than the other idiots I've hired in the past. I ended up giving them all extra money because it pisses me off that they've all been to Iraq and are going back and they still really don't make enough money to get by here in So. Cal. They all had really interesting and sad stories to tell about what's really going on overseas, let alone the families they leave behind. Anyways, I just wanted to spread the word...this is a great place to look if you need labor, etc...you'd be amazed at the qualifications some of these marines bring to the table. Check it out if you get the chance.
Bill
excellent post

cheezpanel
07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Thanks...I'd much rather give my money to these guys who truly deserve it and are so thankful for the work.

cheezpanel
07-10-2005, 06:20 PM
That's a good question...I have no idea. That's a real pisser if that's the case though.

wsuwrhr
07-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Good post,
It is nice to know there is good ol American made out there when we need it.
I am so tired of not being able to keep my money here where it is needed.
Brian

Red Eye
07-10-2005, 06:59 PM
I thought it was against the rules for Marines to have outside employment without the consent of their command. I know it was in the unit(s) I was in and consent was very rarely given. Have the loosened up on the rules?
Most Marines I knew when I was in had second jobs and no one frowned upon it. I hope they make all the extra money they can get. Nice post.

Ntwotrance
07-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I thought it was against the rules for Marines to have outside employment without the consent of their command. I know it was in the unit(s) I was in and consent was very rarely given. Have the loosened up on the rules?
when in, they can have and always been able to take a second job under certain circumstances, first it does have to be approved by your command, second it can not be a job that would disgrace the uniform, and lastly it can not interfer with your normal duties.

rivergoer
07-10-2005, 11:27 PM
well myself am oversees rigt now and i appreciate that you hooked up some of my brothers. yes we can have second jobs now.but it has to be approved by your ncoic/or sncoic, my self i give my marines the oppertunity to hold other jobs but when tere performance drops so does there second job. marines dont fu9k around they do what needs to be done and they get it done with no questions asked,no matterr the detail. lots of marines these days try and fill there days with exxra stuff to do because they loose there wivess oversees and that is how they cope with it. i myself am married and its starting to get really rough right now i dont know if i will still have her because of the shiat...but i pray i do..i have 5 months left here thn im home. but yes if you want a job done give us a call we like the extra cash it helps build our 20,00o- a year sallary paycheck, because i gues its more important to pay a sports player 10 mil a year to play a game and an actor 20 mil for a movie to act like us but pay us 20k a year to not act and play the life threatning familly ruining game.....well anyway im pontificating now,yeah hire marines if yu want a job done!!!!

HOSS
07-11-2005, 07:43 AM
In the Army pizza delivery was a hot job.

cheezpanel
07-11-2005, 07:59 AM
well myself am oversees rigt now and i appreciate that you hooked up some of my brothers. yes we can have second jobs now.but it has to be approved by your ncoic/or sncoic, my self i give my marines the oppertunity to hold other jobs but when tere performance drops so does there second job. marines dont fu9k around they do what needs to be done and they get it done with no questions asked,no matterr the detail. lots of marines these days try and fill there days with exxra stuff to do because they loose there wivess oversees and that is how they cope with it. i myself am married and its starting to get really rough right now i dont know if i will still have her because of the shiat...but i pray i do..i have 5 months left here thn im home. but yes if you want a job done give us a call we like the extra cash it helps build our 20,00o- a year sallary paycheck, because i gues its more important to pay a sports player 10 mil a year to play a game and an actor 20 mil for a movie to act like us but pay us 20k a year to not act and play the life threatning familly ruining game.....well anyway im pontificating now,yeah hire marines if yu want a job done!!!!
Thanks for everything you're doing...it's much appreciated. Anything that can be done here at home to help and support you all over there and those left behind here needs to be done!

HOSS
07-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Might be for some. I was a 52D, Generator Mechanic. Over qualified for pizza.

superdave013
07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I'm placing an ad for our shop right now. We were getting ready to use a temp outfit but this sounds much better.
Thank!