PDA

View Full Version : IPod Problems

Longtime Lurker
07-10-2005, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if any one else is having the same problem I am, and if so is there a solution?
I am running an Alpine9851 head unit with the ipod adapter. Lately when I put the power source onto Ipod, it will go into "searching" mode and never find the ipod :eek: . I've notice when this happens the screen on the ipod does not show the Alpine logo, but a giant check mark :hammerhea .
this does not happen all the time, but about 50% of the time. I took it to a shop and, of course it wasn't doing it at that time. I checked my connections and they all seem good. Any suggestions? Could the adapter be bad? Thanks. Robert

Longtime Lurker
08-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Nope, it never got wet.
One thing that I did do was "push out" the connectors form the adapter to the IPod. It made the connection a little tighter. since I did that I haven't had that problem (except once on the way to havasu). Other than that, it's running good again........for now.

Krumbsnatcher
08-06-2005, 07:50 AM
I was wondering if any one else is having the same problem I am, and if so is there a solution?
I am running an Alpine9851 head unit with the ipod adapter. Lately when I put the power source onto Ipod, it will go into "searching" mode and never find the ipod :eek: . I've notice when this happens the screen on the ipod does not show the Alpine logo, but a giant check mark :hammerhea .
this does not happen all the time, but about 50% of the time. I took it to a shop and, of course it wasn't doing it at that time. I checked my connections and they all seem good. Any suggestions? Could the adapter be bad? Thanks. Robert
I would say it is software related, what version of OS is on your ipod? Is it the latest or an outdated version.
Software is buggy no matter what device it runs on...

Longtime Lurker
08-07-2005, 11:22 AM
I may not be running the most updated version of itunes. It will ask me if I want to update, I usually hit no. I think the wife did update it recently. Maybe that's why its working now.
Should I always update when it says too?