PDA

View Full Version : Accel Gen 7 DFI ?,O2 sensor w/wet headers

TJS
07-11-2005, 05:08 AM
I am going to convert a tunnel ram to EFI.This will be going in a Nordic Jet. I will be TIGing together an upper box with a 90mm Accufab/Ford throttle body. What my concern is what to do with a 02 sensor if you have water injected headers. I was thinking of not feeding one tube and and or rereouting the one line to farther "up" the header. I am running Basset OT with a BBC. I eventually will be twin turboing with a water intercooler I will fabricate.Thus,I will run them dry when I do that when the time comes.
Here is an example of one of the first upper intake plenums I made. I learned a lot on this one. I know Unchained has twin turbo EFI but it looks like he is running a dry system cause the turbos "cover" the noise a little.
http://www.tjsperformance.com/eatonm112.htm
Thanks.
T.J.

cdog
07-12-2005, 07:20 PM
I've got the holley commander system with the wideband O2 in wet headers. I have the imco power flow + exhaust and did the O2 right after the elbow and then the pipe curves down after that to reduce the chance of reversion. You have to mount the turbos up a little above the valve covers so the exhaust can dump down thru the transom. If I were to do it all over again i'd the the accel system.