PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to CLM.

dmontzsta
07-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Shawn (FourQ) and Tim (Nucking Futs) did a great job on my Lavey, even though I am selling it, they still took their time and did good work. If you ever get a chance to know these two, you will soon find out they are not just "jet guys" they are "boat guys" they do have alot of knowledge.
They also advised me on the new boat. But, they did it differently then everyone else who said "Dude, you need to get another boat if you want to make serious power, this old boat isnt going to do it, blah blah blah". They basically put themselves in my shoes and said "If you love this boat, fix it up and keep it, but you should also consider something else if you want to go fast" I dont know if it went exactly like that, but it was pretty damn smooth and got me thinking, then 2 weeks later, the B boat is parked outside of CLM on its way home from picking it up.
Well, I dont want to rattle everyones heads off, but here is a pic of the Lavey. They laid this floor STRONG they actually used Kevlar and sprayed it all down with black gel coat, followed by clear. I can now sell the boat knowing it will be solid for MANY MANY years.
Paul (LakesOnly) thanks for the pic.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/MiscStuff/Projects/DonsLavey.jpg
Thanks again fellas, I am sure we will be in touch alot more than before. :)

FOURQ
07-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Shawn (FourQ) and Tim (Nucking Futs) did a great job on my Lavey,
Thanks again fellas, I am sure we will be in touch alot more than before. :)
i hope not... we wouldnt want to ruin our reputation as JET guys... haha.... its pretty funny when a JET guy can answer the question a V-DRIVE guy has about HIS OWN V-DRIVE :) Don get your ass to work and get that B-Boat runnin so i can drive it at CBBB. who cares if it is a small hp ford if it runs and you have fun. if ya need help shoot me a call.
Q

FOURQ
07-12-2005, 12:35 PM
also i think i heard something about green lake this weekend tell your pops to bring his ride out.. if i have mine back together i may bring it for some smoth water testing... i ordered the new drive line today since i twisted the other one in half. lmao that was funny i think i overloaded the prop a little to much.. :rollside: :sqeyes:
Q

Danhercules
07-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Yea, Thanks Futs and CLM. I got my bulkhead fixed. Now its time to shred the water again. I think I will be hittin Elsinore Sat. Thanks again guys.
Dmon, lookin good. I saw some pics of the new ride. Git er done.

78Southwind
07-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Sounds like CLM is getting around..... :D Damn Sluts :D

WUTWZAT
07-12-2005, 04:17 PM
WOW, check it out topless gel coating at CLM.
Better not let the city catch you they will make ya get bouncers and end up with a door charge, I hear they already have a two drink minimum.
Looks good Don, remember once you go black, you'll....... well never step on it bare foot in the sun again. LMAO... :D
Jason

FOURQ
07-12-2005, 04:24 PM
WOW, check it out topless gel coating at CLM.
Better not let the city catch you they will make ya get bouncers and end up with a door charge, I hear they already have a two drink minimum.
Looks good Don, remember once you go black, you'll....... well never step on it bare foot in the sun again. LMAO... :D
Jason
lmao well the cops love to hangout at CLM too. so we have the bouncer deal covered and there is a driveway charge you know that its a 12 pack. well the drink minimum we wont discuss that one :D
ohh and the black thing well lets just say he wont be walkin on it :D
Q

dmontzsta
07-12-2005, 04:40 PM
lmao well the cops love to hangout at CLM too. so we have the bouncer deal covered and there is a driveway charge you know that its a 12 pack. well the drink minimum we wont discuss that one :D
ohh and the black think well lets just say he wont be walkin on it :D
Q
Once you go black...
Lets just say I wont even be driving the thing, it is going to be SOLD!

LakesOnly
07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Lotta glass work going on over there. Really busy...4Q was so occupied with spraying that his 40 oz was still in the fridge when I showed up. :D
The Lavey's gonna come out good Dmontzsta, and it'll be that much harder to sell it when it's done...but hey, you got a really great boat to make you feel better....you'll get over it ;)
LO
p.s. good seeing you guys.

Danhercules
07-13-2005, 06:34 AM
Too bad you did not stay Lakes. I some how made it down the SlipnSlide, and did a belly flop in the kids pool. For some odd reason, there was only a little water left in the pool :confused: :confused: :confused:

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 06:44 AM
Too bad you did not stay Lakes. I some how made it down the SlipnSlide, and did a belly flop in the kids pool. For some odd reason, there was only a little water left in the pool :confused: :confused: :confused:
lol, Where is the new sig and avatar? That shit was too damn funny and you werent even drunk.

Brooski
07-13-2005, 09:41 AM
lol, I think I felt that clear up here!!! :D :D :D

Danhercules
07-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Here ya go Dmon.
Q, tell the kids sorry that I drained the pool. And no, I am not paying your water bill.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763slipnslide-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763bellyflop-med.jpg
Any you though Baumont runs it hard. We run it REAL HARD AT CLM!!!!!

Hot Rod Hallett
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Dan- That photo of you on the slip and slide is just too much. Remember Dickie Roberts when David Spaid tries to slide on it dry. Ouch!

FOURQ
07-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Here ya go Dmon.
Q, tell the kids sorry that I drained the pool. And no, I am not paying your water bill.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763slipnslide-med.jpg
Any you though Baumont runs it hard. We run it REAL HARD AT CLM!!!!!
lmao that was too funny. if you look real close at the slip 'n' slide pick justin ran way over by the tree lol guess he was thinking you were gana rip the lawn up or something. lmfao
ohh and you owe a buck 395 for the water bill too
Q

roostwear
07-13-2005, 05:41 PM
It's a little hard to see from all the SPRAY, but who's 67 coupe is that in the backgound?

roostwear
07-13-2005, 05:42 PM
BTW Dan, I have a really BIG pool you can use that won't terrorize the neighborhood kids

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
Dan you were having too much fun, it should be illegal. That was a good Sunday at CLM there, definately one of those easy going days you forget about all the bullshit.

78Southwind
07-13-2005, 06:35 PM
What happen here Dan did you fart? :jawdrop:

WUTWZAT
07-13-2005, 07:06 PM
What happen here Dan did you fart? :jawdrop:
Looks like he was playing Jacuzzi, and see how Q's daughter is running away too. I thought I saw Dan at walmart getting a slip&slide for the goats this summer :wink: .
Jason

Nowwhat
07-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Looks like he was playing Jacuzzi, and see how Q's daughter is running away too. I thought I saw Dan at walmart getting a slip&slide for the goats this summer :wink: .
Jason
Dude, you have the lamest comments ever !! How old are you 12?

Nucking futs
07-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Don, Dan,
You guys are very welcome. It is nice to know we can help out "freinds" with there boats when they need it. We are not pros by any means but we get it done and done right. I really enjoy working on boats and it is even more enjoyable when we get to hang out on the water together and run the hell out of them.
Don, get that B boat running, you will be in heaven when its all done.The Lavey is good to go, so sell it already.
Dan, well your deck should be ready for the break dancin at the beach bash now.Im glad you boat is running well for you and i hope you have no more problems.
78 (jerry) glad to see you got your rig going and made it out for the last trip. No more leaky and no more pop bang boom. Bruce did you right.
Nelson #109, you boat is a really bitchen rig and runs real hard, thanks for the P/C hook up Bro,it looks stellar and i will need to get you the rest of the parts soon to finish the SWTD.
I know we did some other work for a "freind" but I don't think they value "freindship" the way I do. I invested alot of time in some projects and all for nothing and to be bashed for the work that was done was just wrong. Just sucks to think you have a freind that you try to help out and then they just tell you everything you did was wrong or not up to par. I hope it all works out for you (you know who you are) and i will be waiting for you on the water. Just hope your shit runs hard, cuz im going to hand you your ass in a brown paper bag.
Peace out,
Tim

Nucking futs
07-13-2005, 08:08 PM
It's a little hard to see from all the SPRAY, but who's 67 coupe is that in the backgound?
Thats the old fart next door. Its a real beater for sure, and the spray makes it look GOOD !!!!

78Southwind
07-13-2005, 08:27 PM
Here is a picture of my boat cheating on me with Tim. Actually Tim I couldn't find my thread on the southwindjetboat website so I just wanted to post this picture and say thanks again. Let me know when you're having another glass throwing party.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/167678Southwind_Applying_Gelcoat.JPG

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Here is a picture of my boat cheating on me with Tim. Actually Tim I couldn't find my thread on the southwindjetboat website so I just wanted to post this picture and say thanks again. Let me know when you're having another glass throwing party.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/167678Southwind_Applying_Gelcoat.JPG
WOW! It is weird to see his real hair color. lol

Danhercules
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
It's a little hard to see from all the SPRAY,
What ya tryin to say?

78Southwind
07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
WOW! It is weird to see his real hair color. lol
I always say who cares what color it is as long as you have it. :D

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 09:11 PM
I always say who cares what color it is as long as you have it. :D
Was that a cheap shot at my hair line? haha :cool:

victorfb
07-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Was that a cheap shot at my hair line? haha :cool:
you have a hair line don? eye brows dont count man. lol sounds like your getting your boat fixed up real nice. (sucks your selling it) but im glad its coming along well. id sure like to see it run again. it looked cool at CBBB.
hey tim (Futs), did you ever figure out what that noise was? i really didnt hear much but from what i did, im thinking its just the water through the exhaust playin tricks on ya. i know when the water amount changes going through my headers it makes all sorts of strange sounds. but if you still think its the top end somewere we can allways check the spring preasures and lifters. maybe you got a weak spring or a lifter not holding up.

Wally_Gator
07-14-2005, 12:08 PM
but if you still think its the top end somewere we can allways check the spring preasures and lifters. maybe you got a weak spring or a lifter not holding up.
Speaking of spring pressures...
I have that tool for you whenever you are going to be around.

victorfb
07-14-2005, 12:13 PM
hey thanks walter. i had to get home last week and it was allready late in the evening so i wasnt able to swing by. but i will be back at toni's soon so ill let you know and if you have time ill swing by your place. thanks again man. hope to see you and the family at cbbb too. you are going right?

Wally_Gator
07-14-2005, 12:19 PM
hey thanks walter. i had to get home last week and it was allready late in the evening so i wasnt able to swing by. but i will be back at toni's soon so ill let you know and if you have time ill swing by your place. thanks again man. hope to see you and the family at cbbb too. you are going right?
Two rooms on the 3rd floor.. Babysitter is coming this trip..
New treads on the trailer and some other new stuff on the boat..
Especially a new Steering wheel.. Gone is the litle black handcuff wheel.
http://http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/momspargiblue.jpg
Steph picked it out.. Gotta love her for supporting my Boat habit...
We are trying to get out to the riv in the next couple of weeks. Going out soon?
Walter

victorfb
07-14-2005, 01:07 PM
we are heading to the river this weekend. staying in bullhead and launching from lazy harry's. after that we are not sure untill cbbb. if we can fit another trip in great, but no plans as of yet.

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Vic, you will forget all about the old one, as soon as you see the new one. I will take you for a ride once its done. I plan on taking all the jet guys for rides, going to convert them to V-drives one by one. :jawdrop:

Nucking futs
07-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Vic, you will forget all about the old one, as soon as you see the new one. I will take you for a ride once its done. I plan on taking all the jet guys for rides, going to convert them to V-drives one by one. :jawdrop:
You will need alot of seat time before i go for a ride in it.
Better yet, Let me take you for a ride..............................

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 02:01 PM
You will need alot of seat time before i go for a ride in it.
Better yet, Let me take you for a ride..............................
haha, its all good. I think I will do just fine, if I was able to whip around a ski flat for all these years, then this b boat should be alot safer. Of course I am not going to go balls out.
As I said, you are welcome to drive it, just dont kill us. :D