PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new boat and it needs a stereo / Pics

BadBahner
07-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey Guys,
I really like pioneer stuff. I am very happy with the Head unit I have in my Bahner.
I bought another boat and it came with this set up
Pioneer DEH-3600
2 Polk Audio 6x9
2 Polk Audio 6.5s
The Deck is not working or working intermittently. :confused: The display flashes and some of the controls are not responding. There is also some corrosion on the contacts that are between the face and head unit. Is it worth it to get it repaired?
I found a place that will sell me a New Pioneer DEH-P4700MP + XM Radio Tuner (GEX-P920XM) for $220. Does this sound like a reasonable price? It sounds good to me. ;) I want XM.
I will be adding 2 Amps
1 for the 4 polk speakers and 1 for running 2 12s
Let me know what you think. I am hoping the frame and wiring harness from the existing 3600 will work with a new 4700.
Thanks for your help...
Eric
Here is the new boat 87 Hallett
http://www.inlandautoandboat.com/Performance/Pictures/017B787/Hallett%20(3).jpg

ROZ
07-12-2005, 10:58 AM
The price to repair the h/u is not worth it.. You can try cleaning the contacts with denatured alcohol, but there may be internal corrosion causing the problems.
Nice boat!

BadBahner
07-12-2005, 11:25 AM
The price to repair the h/u is not worth it.. You can try cleaning the contacts with denatured alcohol, but there may be internal corrosion causing the problems.
Nice boat!
Thanks for the compliment and the advice. I think I am going to get the DEH4700 and the XM combo pack for 220.
Eric

Cole Trickle
07-12-2005, 12:12 PM
I have 3 sets of the 6x9 Polk "Momo" series and 1 set of the 6.5" Polk "Momo" components.
Overall I am very happy with them and how loud they play before they distort.
I feel like they were a great speak for there price range.
Nice boat!
My guess is that you will be a littloe bass heavy with the 2 12's I would try to sneak another set of 6x9's in there somewhere.
Brandin

MOBrien
07-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I too have the Polk "Momo" series throughout my boat and am very happy with their performance. Bought 'em from ROZ and got a killer deal....
2 pairs of 6x9's & 2 pairs of 6.5's
I know you're lurking in here somewhere ROZ.......Thanks again, the setup sounds great IMO and you're right, 1 JL 12" was enough....for now that is. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: