PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Evil-E
07-12-2005, 12:46 PM
With all the talk about assholes pulling out drain plugs- We are staying at the Nautical this weekend and I am wondering if I should pull the boat out at night or leave it in the cove. We have a room looking right at the cove but I just dont know. What would you guys do?

cc322
07-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Thats a tuff one . I guess If it were me and it being a weekend I would pull the boat out. I trust no one, sorry to say but it's just the world we live in now days :confused:

Mandelon
07-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Go get a plug with an allen wrench fitting.... There are many boats out there. I am betting it was an isolated incident. But I wouldn't leave my boat out on that beach anyway.
Heard about too many stereos and coolers disappearing, and also I've been there in the beach front rooms and watched the weather come up. At 2:00 am the wind started blowing and boats started banging together..... :220v:

Her454
07-12-2005, 12:53 PM
If you want to take the chance of being the next one to post up about a pulled drain plug, then leave it in...if it were me, I'd take it out - its just not worth it.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Either pull it out or do what Mandy suggested. Sucks, but it seems like things are like that now.

JetBoatRich
07-12-2005, 12:58 PM
Tough choice, since we also read about the assholes messing with boats in the parking lot :devil:

jbtrailerjim
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't think the "pulling plugs" deal on peoples boat's is going to be some big on going epidemic. My guess it was some kids pulling some f**ked up prank over the 4th of July weekend in Havasu. But if you're worried about it, just pull it out for your own peace of mind.

KACHINA KEN
07-12-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't think the "pulling plugs" deal on peoples boat's is going to be some big on going epidemic. My guess it was some kids pulling some f**ked up prank over the 4th of July weekend in Havasu. But if you're worried about it, just pull it out for your own peace of mind.
Ditto, there was more to the story behind that Im sure. If you get in an arguement or something like that with some punks you can expect them to pull a punk move like pulling a plug.

Evil-E
07-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for all the replys. I might just take it out at night. Is anybody going up this weekend for RRX4. We will be there Fri, Sat, Sun. Stop by and say hi if you see us- 36 Spectre, white,purple,orange and yellow. Hope to see some of you!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Do what Alan suggested and put the plug in from the inside.

termiteguy
07-12-2005, 04:36 PM
......................or don't go to the "crime-ridden" havasu. keep it real down at parker !!!! :rollside: :cool: - keyes
stop telling people that they might listen to you the river is crowded
enough allready. we dont want any more people here j/k :eek:

h2oski2fast
07-12-2005, 05:09 PM
stop telling people that they might listen to you the river is crowded
enough allready. we dont want any more people here
Yeah, what he said!

mbrown2
07-12-2005, 05:14 PM
If I were staying at the Nautical, I would leave it in...that is one of the benefits of staying there...just keep an eye on it and more important...keep and eye on your neighbors...
I had a sub lifted from my first boat, the 1st weekend I had it at the nautical some 15 years....it was probably the idiots staying next to me...low life looking folks...
Anyway, I never had issues after that...Also, I don't think the plug thing is some epidemic...and if it is..we have bigger problems. :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM
With all the talk about assholes pulling out drain plugs- We are staying at the Nautical this weekend and I am wondering if I should pull the boat out at night or leave it in the cove. We have a room looking right at the cove but I just dont know. What would you guys do?
When in doubt.....
......Pull it out.......
Well.....It worked in High School didn't it ????? :wink:
I think you'll be OK......... :clover:
Later,
CJG
:p

SummitKarl
07-12-2005, 06:25 PM
simple solution, hire Alan for the night,

riverbound
07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
When in doubt.....
......Pull it out.......
Well.....It worked in High School didn't it ????? :wink:
I think you'll be OK......... :clover:
Later,
CJG
:p
didnt work everytime :frown:

Liquid Courage
07-12-2005, 06:56 PM
We kept the Cig in the bay in front of the Turtle Friday and Sat. night w/out a problem. I spoke with security and they said they had people out ALL night. Just make sure you're anchored good to avoid the drifting in the middle of the night. :D

Dusty Times
07-12-2005, 08:38 PM
If I go I'll be pulling mine out at night. Can't get a room on the water. I guess I've always been lucky but with the Ultra and RRX regatta the same weekend :mad: