PDA

View Full Version : Place Diverter Question

n8dawg
05-02-2006, 02:56 PM
I finally have diverter on the back of my boat!!!!!! :)
A couple of questions:
Before the addition of this diverter I had a stock housing. A 4* wedge between the bowl and the housing with what seems to be somekind of nozzel insert. All I know is that with out this "nozzel insert" water would spray out all around the housing. It seems like its in there to direct the water out beyond the housing and straight out the back.
My two questions are. What do you call that thing? And do I need it with the place diverter? Right now I ran the boat with the wedge, nozzel insert thingy, and diverter. It's awsome!! but just wandering if this new housing doesn't need that insert anymore.
I will be taking lots of pictures this weekend and try to post them up!
Thanks,
Nate (the rooster tail throwin' mudder trucker) :rollside: :)

Mr. Crusader 83
05-02-2006, 04:28 PM
i have a berk pump with a diverter and im running the red nozzle insert. you need to run it. i also have a droop snoot on my boat. the combo really works well together

moparjet
05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
if you have a jacuzzi wj....need to get rid of the nozzel....the diverter acts as the new nozzel....mine was cast on there,some are bolted on....i just hacked it off and smoothed it out....works great.....i think it slowed me dowm before i hacked it off.....

Devilman
05-02-2006, 05:31 PM
I was looking into the nozzle insert situation, until I did a search here. Seems the common opinion is that unless your dialing in your boat for every last ounce of horsepower to the nth degree, on the average lake boat they are a waste of time & money. That's what I derived out of it anyway... :cool:

n8dawg
05-03-2006, 07:55 AM
yeah, thats what I thought too. I'm just going to have to get the gps out and play around with it.
Thanks,
Nate

roostwear
05-03-2006, 08:14 AM
There's a stretch about a 1/2 mile downriver from the park that is easily a 1/4 mile long, glassy and NO current. I'll show ya Saturday.

Squirtin Thunder
05-03-2006, 08:46 AM
There's a stretch about a 1/2 mile downriver from the park that is easily a 1/4 mile long, glassy and NO current. I'll show ya Saturday.
That section has become a jet ski haven !!! It even has a island now that the water is so high. I bet it is about 1/2 -3/4 mile in there now. :cool:

roostwear
05-03-2006, 08:52 AM
Funny, the few I've seen in there have moved once I nailed it.