PDA

View Full Version : Big-3 Employee discount...so who's running to the dealers

HammerDown
07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
?
Don't know how true this is but I herd their bumping up the dealers cost...just for this. If true, that's a rotten deal.

supercrewjohn5x
07-23-2005, 12:17 PM
i think you are on to something.. The posted Invoice cost's I've has been a bogus deal for many years anyway and this price supposedly is less than invoice. If that is the case then their must be a different invoice because the big three arent in business to sell product at a loss right? :cry:
I just purchased a 2005 Excursion 1 month ago before this promotion and my cost was $500 over invoice. The current price is still more than what I paid which would tend to validate your claim that they raised the "invoice" price. It is hard to imagine that someone would only make a $500 profit on a $50,000 vehicle and remain in business..
What do you all think? :crossx:

HammerDown
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
"what do I think"...well it's just odd the Hummer is now selling $1000,00 (below) employee discount. Kinda peculiar...eh :notam: ?

riverracerx
07-29-2005, 02:12 PM
I got an Envoy Denali for $3500 below employee discount. Saved over 10K :D

HighRoller
08-02-2005, 07:41 PM
I was screwing around on Ford's website the other night, and while I couldn't nail down the exact price I calculated the discount off of MSRP. Looks like you could get an 05 F250SD Lariat diesel 4X4 CC fully loaded for under 40K! We all know the "invoice" price is not actual dealer cost because no business can divulge their actual cost without committing suicide. But since I've seen the same truck on lots for almost 50K I thought it ws a good deal. You could probably get an XLT diesel with reasonable options for about 35K. Sure hurts guys who are trying to sell 05's with 20K miles on them for 38K! Will be interesting to see the public's reaction to the "normal" prices now that they've seen the sticker price ofthe family plan. I think a drastic reduction in resale values and MSRP is in the works...

Wild Twin
08-07-2005, 03:12 PM
Riverracerx, How did you get the price less then employee price?

GoCiggie31
08-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Yes retailers can sell product at their initial product cost and still make money.
Dealers (retailers) can make extra incentives from the mfg and paid out on a monthly or qtrly basis or even yearly.
These incentives are based on several factors depending on mfgs.
1-volume incentives
2-csi (customer satisfaction) incentives
3-employee training standards/facility upgrade standards
What you may see in order to move old product(05) keep the friends family deal and on 06s reprice restructure content and track travel rate if product doesn't take off then another marketing event like f/f deal.
Oh don't forget that many parts and service depts make 30%, 70% gp respectively that helps pay the bills and keep them in business for years to come as long as they do good business.