PDA

View Full Version : Where does Commander rank among custom boats?

Playbuoy
05-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Try to be as impartial as possible. Also, what are the pros and cons of Commander Boats compared to the competition? (Specifically Signature series) Thanks!

dicudmore
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
wouldn't be my choice but there are a lot of them on the water

Biglue
05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I own an 02 26 Signature. The boat has been good so far for the year and a half I owned it. I bought used so I can't comment on what buying new from them is like. However they have been real courteous when I call them about questions. I've been treated very well by them for not buying new from Commander. Steve over there even remembers me talking to him about buying new from him and didn't hold me buying used against me. Some people will slam Commander. But I'm a very happy Commander owner. BEst of luck to you.

bordsmnj
05-02-2006, 03:34 PM
do search on commander in these forums. :idea:

Playbuoy
05-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Some people will slam Commander. But I'm a very happy Commander owner. BEst of luck to you.
Why would people slam Commander?

little rowe boat
05-02-2006, 06:14 PM
do search on commander in these forums. :idea:
Do the search.

dicudmore
05-02-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm staying totally out of this except to say that Phat Matt has a nice 02 24' Signature for sale :cool:

Playbuoy
05-02-2006, 06:39 PM
Ok, I did the search.
What I see is the standard. Some people were very unhappy with the service and build quality of the boat. While others are very happy.
Its no different than automotive enthusiasts that have a bad experience with a manufacturer and those that have a good experience. Keeping in mind that those who have a bad experience are often much more vocal.

BoaterX
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Try to be as impartial as possible. Also, what are the pros and cons of Commander Boats compared to the competition? (Specifically Signature series) Thanks!
That's a tough question for anyone. We all want to say our brand is best!

Kilrtoy
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I met SY the owner at the ***boat photo shoot, he introduced himself to me..... Nice gentleman

MRSDRMCAT
05-02-2006, 11:07 PM
My husband and I bought a 28' cat from them. This is our 2nd season and we have no problems. Steve was great. We went to visit his business 3 times before we purchased ours. He was very patient, informative, and what I liked most about him was that he was very supportive in whatever discussion we made. EVEN if it wasnt a commander.....he never said anything bad about the other boats we were looking at. Unlike alot of others who bashed other boats. And most importantly we have been happy with the performance of the boat. Good luck

Phat Matt
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM
I do have one for sale. The boat and the company has always been good to me. Click the big boobs link in my sig if you want to see it. :D

USCFAN
05-03-2006, 08:24 AM
I am on my third Commander. The experience with them as been good on all three. I have been to almost every boat builder in the Southern California looked at the way they built there boats and witnessed their customer service first hand and still wound up going back to Commander. I have had two 26' signatures and my latest being a 29' with twins. I love my boat, and have no complaints or problems with it. Other than standard things that may go wrong with any boat. But the important thing has been that whenever I have had a problem the people down there have stepped up to the plate especially Doug in service.
I was very particular about the way I wanted my boat and Sy stepped up to the plate on every option I wanted and didn't give me some B.S. about why he could'nt do that like some of the other builders I have visited. Bottom line is every guy on here will give there .02 about different builders never having owned one of the boats that they will bash just chiming in on what they may have heard from someone else. I suggest you get opinions about whatever builder you decide to buy from be it Commander or anyone else and talk to people who have owned the boats. If you should still have questions send me a P.M and I will answer whatever question you might have. Goodluck.
USC FAN 4 LIFE

westcoastcat
05-03-2006, 09:44 AM
We bought our commander new in ’99 and so far it’s been good.
No problems except he wants a bigger boat now.
(I think it’s a guy thing)

JUST LOOKING
05-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok, I did the search.
What I see is the standard. Some people were very unhappy with the service and build quality of the boat. While others are very happy.
Its no different than automotive enthusiasts that have a bad experience with a manufacturer and those that have a good experience. Keeping in mind that those who have a bad experience are often much more vocal.
:) Try to talk to 28 Sportcat He Has a 28 Sportcat That is very Clean and it runs real hard. He has owed Three commander all Blue Motors and they have been nice and no Drama.Sy is a stand up guy and will do what it takes to get the job done, When they build a 32 or 34 cat I will look into buying one with twin and teague custom marine will do the motors.28 sportcat had TMC build his blue motor and man what a diffence that made.Good luck and go with what makes you and your family happy.Test drive all that you like and make your choice.

RiverDave
05-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Well if nobody else will say it I will.. If your asking as far as "ranking..." then picture a totum pole. The higher on the pole the better the reputation (in turn, most of the time, reflects build quality) Commander would be.. well when you dug the hole? The portion of the totum pole that holds the rest of the pole up? It'd be on the bottom side of that.
No offense to present commander owners meant. It just "is what it is" as they say.
RD

famaffair
05-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I recently sold my commander, not because I was unahappy with the boat or the service. Commander has always stepped up to the plate when I there was a problem. Steve and Sy are both good guys and I am looking forward to buying my new commander. Bottom line get the best value for the buck. Commander makes some great looking boats and there are plenty of people out there who would agree with me.

teamaquaholicks
05-03-2006, 02:05 PM
i too had a 25 sig 1990 that was all restored by myself.
i bought used so nothing exciting there.
it had a built 502 480hp 75mph.
had many good times with the boat.
however, maybe the new ones are better, but at high speeds it wanted to chine walk bad. i had to fight the steering to keep her straight. that hull is narrow which causes it to be squirley on the water. i had trim tabs and everything else needed, but she was still dangerous at high speeds. almost flipped her over at bass racing a 21 ultra. i have herd that they have flattend out the rear of the boat to do away with this problem so maybe the problem is fixed. just be carfull at any high speeds.
other than that, i had no issues. have many great memories with her.
we went with a 27 advantage open bow and will probably never own another boat than an advantage from here on out. we love the advantage great family sport cruiser. like a caddi in big water, no worries and real roomy.
you might want to look into them.
bottom line though the bigger you go the better ride you will have so just study the water where you like to go and buy accordingly
just my opinions
have a great summer
chuck

shadow
05-03-2006, 02:26 PM
My husband and I bought a 28' cat from them. This is our 2nd season and we have no problems. Steve was great. We went to visit his business 3 times before we purchased ours. He was very patient, informative, and what I liked most about him was that he was very supportive in whatever discussion we made. EVEN if it wasnt a commander.....he never said anything bad about the other boats we were looking at. Unlike alot of others who bashed other boats. And most importantly we have been happy with the performance of the boat. Good luck
I will second that,you guys have a nice 28 cat and i do belive Commander has stepped it up a notch in the past couple of years. :)

Playbuoy
05-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Great input people. I'm continuing to do my research...I'll keep ya posted.
Again, thanks!

USCFAN
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Well if nobody else will say it I will.. If your asking as far as "ranking..." then picture a totum pole. The higher on the pole the better the reputation (in turn, most of the time, reflects build quality) Commander would be.. well when you dug the hole? The portion of the totum pole that holds the rest of the pole up? It'd be on the bottom side of that.
No offense to present commander owners meant. It just "is what it is" as they say.
RD
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but why don't you share why it is you feel that way. Have you had a bad experience? You throw out that they are at the bottom of the totum pole, so share with the rest of us why you feel this way.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Great input people. I'm continuing to do my research...I'll keep ya posted.
Again, thanks!
Some things you may want to consider when buying a custom boat:
1. Where do you plan to do most of your boating?
Topock up to Needles and Laughlin? May want to consider a jet boat due to the river being shallower North of Needles unless you know the river like the back of your hand. Topock down to Havasu springs? Can pretty much run anything there. The Parker strip? Again you need to the river well to avoid some of the shallow spots. Big River down to Blythe? Almost exclusively jets.
2. What do you plan to do when boating?
You going to want to water-ski? tube? wakeboard? Find a cove and just chill out?
3. How many peeps will you have with you usually? Just you and your wife or will the in-laws always be with you? If you're only to take 4-5 peeps total, a closed bow may work, more than that on a regular basis you'll probably want an open bow?
4. What are you looking for in terms of quality? Do you care that everything is thru-0bloted? Do you care if the hull has some type of coring to it? Do you want a kickass stereo system?
You can ask all of the questions you want and there are plenty of us on here that will answer them.
The thing to remember is that there a plenty of people on here that think their boat is the absolute best boat money can buy, that's called cheerleading, especially when they are way off base. there are reason that two similarly sized and equipped boats may be as much as $15k apart in price, and it aint all profit. You get what you pay for. The boat industry is like any other industry, there is a definite tier as to who is at the top and who is at the bottom. not everyone will agree on who is where either. Pick out which boats you like, based on the lines, and the functionality of it's amenities and how they will work for YOU.
Go to each and every builder you are interested in and take a tour of the factory. If they won't show you how they make the boat, leave. See how the boats are actually built. How do they lay the glass up? Do they use multiple layers of the same type of glass, such as only random directional glass, or do they use multiple layers of different types of glass, bi-directional, tri-directional, quadaxial? Is all of the hardware thru-bloted or do they just screw it into the fiberglass? Does the boat have full-length stringers or not? Are the screws on the underside of the ski locker capped off so you don't scrape your hand or your skis or wakeboard?
Ultimately, you're the one that will have to make the payments and be happy with your boat so you need to get the boat that fits your needs the best, and yes, that may include buying used at first.

Playbuoy
05-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Here are some of my criteria and questions:
Budget is $60k. If we go custom, obvioulsy that will mean used. We have however been looking at the 2006 Chaparral Sunesta deckboats (252).
Boating will be shared between Cottonwood/Katherine's and Dana Point. We do plan on making some Catalina runs so we want a boat that won't rock too much if we decided to anchor out in the ocean. (We like the extended V Hull on the Chap since we feel it would be more stable when just chilling compared to the Deep V's of the customs).
No kids but lots of friends. Prefer open bow or deckboat.
Love the lines of the custom boats. Really like the Commander Sig 26.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-03-2006, 06:38 PM
.....or deckboat.
Personally I would be hesitant to use a deckboat in the ocean.

INSman
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm staying totally out of this except to say that Phat Matt has a nice 02 24' Signature for sale :cool:
Same here, only to add that Dilligaf has a nice 25' Shockwave Tremor for sale

TRUMP TIGHT
05-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Here are some of my criteria and questions:
Budget is $60k. If we go custom, obvioulsy that will mean used. We have however been looking at the 2006 Chaparral Sunesta deckboats (252).
Boating will be shared between Cottonwood/Katherine's and Dana Point. We do plan on making some Catalina runs so we want a boat that won't rock too much if we decided to anchor out in the ocean. (We like the extended V Hull on the Chap since we feel it would be more stable when just chilling compared to the Deep V's of the customs).
No kids but lots of friends. Prefer open bow or deckboat.
Love the lines of the custom boats. Really like the Commander Sig 26.
I have seen a couple Commanders built and one thing i noticed is that they drill a lot of holes when putting it together. My step father owned an early 90's 21 ft and my father DILLIGAF owned i believe a 99 23 ft. Both boats held up really well and on the 23 ft which was bought new the service was great. DILLIGAF's 25 ft Tremor is for sell for 60k right now but it looks like he might have a buyer but you never know. PM him and he can give you some more info on his Tremor and about Commander.

dicudmore
05-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Two things:
#1 Phat Matt does have a nice 02 24' Signature for sale (and Goldilocks is HOT) so you should take a look at it :crossx:
#2 Everyone says their boat is the best but they are all wrong because my boat is the best!!! :p
Bill you are correct because your boat has MrsKnuckleHead on board :cool:

Phat Matt
05-03-2006, 10:07 PM
Two things:
#1 Phat Matt does have a nice 02 24' Signature for sale (and Goldilocks is HOT) so you should take a look at it :crossx:
#2 Everyone says their boat is the best but they are all wrong because my boat is the best!!! :p
LOL. How do you argue with #1 or #2. :D

MRSDRMCAT
05-03-2006, 11:02 PM
USCfan, what Dave was trying to say was there has been too much BS with Commander Boats over the years. They've had issues with everything from shoddy work, poor customer service, been accused of falsification of the truth (read between the lines). Any improvement in customer service has been brought about because of this website and not because Sy or the kid got religion.
On top of that, I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling when dealing with a company that's in or has been recently, BANKRUPTCY.
Read for your self.
Rio
Best Price On New Commander Deck Boat ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
BADASS38CHEVY 09-12-2004 07:55 AM
by Mandelon 147 3,302 The Sandbar
Apologies To All/ Re:commander ( 1 2 3 )
RACRJEFF 07-24-2004 04:03 PM
by HARDCORE-SKI 50 2,048 The Sandbar
New boat help... ( 1 2 )
Kokopelli 06-22-2004 01:05 AM
by ROZ 36 682 The Sandbar
Commander Fraud ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
THATJEFFGUY 05-21-2004 03:52 PM
by RUCAV 151 6,912 The Sandbar
Commander em response concerning THATJEFFGUY ( 1 2 3 4 )
hd&boatrider 05-15-2004 12:05 PM
by Moneypitt 92 2,008 The Sandbar
Commander boats BK? ( 1 2 )
OGShocker 04-14-2004 10:11 AM
by hd&boatrider 46 1,525 The Sandbar
Here's just a sample.
Posts: 217 I hope the company goes belly up and sy ends up in jail!
After buying a 21' from them and getting screwed by the sales guy that promised me everything under the sun ( hey I was 22 and didn't know any better). Two years later I actually went back to them and dealt directly with Sy. Traded my old boat in and bought a 24 from them. The girls in the front office told me not to trust a thing that Steve said and that he will tell you anything to get you out the door and he does not stand behind anything he says, which I now know to be true. Everything was cool with the new boat they handled everything pretty good.........oh that's right except for the fact they did not pay off my old boat! So my credit report showed that I owned 2 boats and was eyeball deep in debt to a 10 foot Indian. This went on for 7 months. I called Sy on it and he said that sometimes they do not payoff the boat so that they can get top dollar for it?????? And that unfortuantely Steve had not made that clear to me when I bought the new boat. After threating letters from my lawyer he sold the boat to somebody. Then Commander proceeded to not pay my next payments, after they had given up possession of the boat, and so I had the finance company beating down my door threating to take the boat that I no longer had and screw my credit. So I had someone I did not even know driving a boat around that technically I owned! I just got a call three days ago from the new finance company saying that it was finally paid off and out of my name, 8 months later!
The worst part is that I had a very close friend actually go to the boat show this last weekend and almost buy a Commander from Sy! He said he was giving them "a break on the price because I referred them!" I almost had to kill my friend cause he actually believed Sy. I will never buy a Commander again and I would strongly reccomend that nobody else even waste their time or money by looking at them. They are the Bayliner of performance boats!
OUCH!

River918
05-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Drmcat's have a sweet ride and as a plus, it holds alot of "CC's"... :)

USCFAN
05-04-2006, 10:29 AM
USCfan, what Dave was trying to say was there has been too much BS with Commander Boats over the years. They've had issues with everything from shoddy work, poor customer service, been accused of falsification of the truth (read between the lines). Any improvement in customer service has been brought about because of this website and not because Sy or the kid got religion.
On top of that, I don't get that warm and fuzzy feeling when dealing with a company that's in or has been recently, BANKRUPTCY.
Read for your self.
Rio
Best Price On New Commander Deck Boat ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
BADASS38CHEVY 09-12-2004 07:55 AM
by Mandelon 147 3,302 The Sandbar
Apologies To All/ Re:commander ( 1 2 3 )
RACRJEFF 07-24-2004 04:03 PM
by HARDCORE-SKI 50 2,048 The Sandbar
New boat help... ( 1 2 )
Kokopelli 06-22-2004 01:05 AM
by ROZ 36 682 The Sandbar
Commander Fraud ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
THATJEFFGUY 05-21-2004 03:52 PM
by RUCAV 151 6,912 The Sandbar
Commander em response concerning THATJEFFGUY ( 1 2 3 4 )
hd&boatrider 05-15-2004 12:05 PM
by Moneypitt 92 2,008 The Sandbar
Commander boats BK? ( 1 2 )
OGShocker 04-14-2004 10:11 AM
by hd&boatrider 46 1,525 The Sandbar
Here's just a sample.
Posts: 217 I hope the company goes belly up and sy ends up in jail!
After buying a 21' from them and getting screwed by the sales guy that promised me everything under the sun ( hey I was 22 and didn't know any better). Two years later I actually went back to them and dealt directly with Sy. Traded my old boat in and bought a 24 from them. The girls in the front office told me not to trust a thing that Steve said and that he will tell you anything to get you out the door and he does not stand behind anything he says, which I now know to be true. Everything was cool with the new boat they handled everything pretty good.........oh that's right except for the fact they did not pay off my old boat! So my credit report showed that I owned 2 boats and was eyeball deep in debt to a 10 foot Indian. This went on for 7 months. I called Sy on it and he said that sometimes they do not payoff the boat so that they can get top dollar for it?????? And that unfortuantely Steve had not made that clear to me when I bought the new boat. After threating letters from my lawyer he sold the boat to somebody. Then Commander proceeded to not pay my next payments, after they had given up possession of the boat, and so I had the finance company beating down my door threating to take the boat that I no longer had and screw my credit. So I had someone I did not even know driving a boat around that technically I owned! I just got a call three days ago from the new finance company saying that it was finally paid off and out of my name, 8 months later!
The worst part is that I had a very close friend actually go to the boat show this last weekend and almost buy a Commander from Sy! He said he was giving them "a break on the price because I referred them!" I almost had to kill my friend cause he actually believed Sy. I will never buy a Commander again and I would strongly reccomend that nobody else even waste their time or money by looking at them. They are the Bayliner of performance boats!
Well if this is in fact true is is really B.S. That is not acceptable and if I was that guy and that happened to me I would be pist as well. But remember there are two sides to every story and the truth is probably somewhere in th middle. I am not defending Sy just reminding people who sometimes seem to forget.
However I can speak to the experiences that I have had that have been nothing but positive. I know for a fact that every boat builder out there that has been around for any length of time has something that someone will say negative about them. Like I said in my earlier post I have been to many of the other builders and seen there build process and the material used and Commander uses the same material as most of the builders that guys come on here and say are superior to any and everyting else. This being said a boat builder real worth doesn't come when you scratch the check to them to buy the boat, but when you have a issue with that boat after you have purchased it. And I don't care who made the boat there will be issues due to the fact they are assembled by humans who make mistakes. I had issues with each of my prior two Commanders nothing major but when problems arose Sy and Doug the service guy at Commander have always stepped up to the plate and fixed my issue to my satisfaction. This being said I can honestly say I am happy with my boat and the service that has come with it. Being a small business owner I understand that you can never make everyone happy because no matter how much you bend for certain people they will never be satisfied and always want more. So for the guy that is looking for opinions go to whatever boat builder you decide and get a comfort level from them that makes you happy. Just like people every boat builder is different and sometimes people don't see eye to eye for whatever reason. Its just human nature. I will stop rambling know since I have given my .02
Oh yeah
TROJANS TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Desert Rat
05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
In the NAVY right between a Captain and a LT Commander :hammer2:

Supultlbich
05-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I have a different spin to put on this weeks debate. First of all I have no experience with Commander, but have friends who own them and they are happy.
Now for the purpose of the post. Lets say for example you have two boats from two different custom builders, both in the same size range 25 or so. Same set up open bow or closed, same power and drive, and all the same options, stereo, guages, everything.
Safe to say that both motors and drives will be Mercs, and the boats will both be laid up with the same fiberglass, marine plywood/decolite, resin, then bonded together.
With that said, and I hate to sound stupid or uninformed, but if they are all built with the same material and the same options wouldnt they be equal boats value speaking no matter who built them??
I guess what I am saying is how can one Custom boat be so bad and another so very good?
I cant speak to customer service issues because they are all different.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I have a different spin to put on this weeks debate. First of all I have no experience with Commander, but have friends who own them and they are happy.
Now for the purpose of the post. Lets say for example you have two boats from two different custom builders, both in the same size range 25 or so. Same set up open bow or closed, same power and drive, and all the same options, stereo, guages, everything.
Safe to say that both motors and drives will be Mercs, and the boats will both be laid up with the same fiberglass, marine plywood/decolite, resin, then bonded together.
With that said, and I hate to sound stupid or uninformed, but if they are all built with the same material and the same options wouldnt they be equal boats value speaking no matter who built them??
I guess what I am saying is how can one Custom boat be so bad and another so very good?
It does not matter if you have the same materials or not every boat will be built different. Take Ford for example they are built on assembelly lines and all use the same exact parts, so why do some last 300k miles and some 100k? In the custom boat world the variations keep the builder from getting used too "putting his part on". As for one company being better than the other chew on this, Carl's Jr. makes a hamburger with a beef patty some buns and your choice of veggies ext. Billy burgers and Fudruckers make their hamburgers with the same stuff, so why do they taste so much better? Because they are molded better, take more time being constructed and are made by better craftsmen!!

shadow
05-04-2006, 05:21 PM
Just for the sake of it.
Compare 2 houses,they are both put together with lumber,cement,drywall,lighting,elec,plumbing,carpe t,paint,ect,ect,ect.
Now have someone experienced that cares build 1 house with these materials.
Now have a guy that has to cut corners because of financial,personal, lack of experience or whatever the case may be,build the second house.
Now pick the house you want to buy and live in.Just cause they used the same materials doesn't make them equal.
This doesn't pertain to Commander or any other boat builder,just why one can be different from the other. .

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 05:29 PM
Didnt Commander sale a used boat as new a while back?

dicudmore
05-04-2006, 05:41 PM
It does not matter if you have the same materials or not every boat will be built different. Take Ford for example they are built on assembelly lines and all use the same exact parts, so why do some last 300k miles and some 100k? In the custom boat world the variations keep the builder from getting used too "putting his part on". As for one company being better than the other chew on this, Carl's Jr. makes a hamburger with a beef patty some buns and your choice of veggies ext. Billy burgers and Fudruckers make their hamburgers with the same stuff, so why do they taste so much better? Because they are molded better, take more time being constructed and are made by better craftsmen!!
very well said Justin :D

USCFAN
05-04-2006, 05:42 PM
Didnt Commander sale a used boat as new a while back?
Thats the accusation..... However again there are two sides two every story and before I purchased my boat I asked about this story. I was told the guy who bought that boat new that the motor had hours on it, and decided he wanted it because of the discount he was able to get. Then when he had a problem changed his mind and started making accusations. Now whether this story is true or not don't know but that is what was told to me by Sy.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 05:44 PM
Thats the accusation..... However again there are two sides two every story and before I purchased my boat I asked about this story. I was told the guy who bought that boat new that the motor had hours on it, and decided he wanted it because of the discount he was able to get. Then when he had a problem changed his mind and started making accusations. Now whether this story is true or not don't know but that is what was told to me by Sy.
Thanks for the info.

USCFAN
05-04-2006, 05:49 PM
So let me get this straight.... The guy in the back of Fudruckers or Billy Burgers that makes minimum wage is better that the guy in the back at Carl's Jr who makes minimum wage.... :confused: I think comparing making burgers and building boats is like comparing apples to oranges...

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
So let me get this straight.... The guy in the back of Fudruckers or Billy Burgers that makes minimum wage is better that the guy in the back at Carl's Jr who makes minimum wage.... :confused: I think comparing making burgers and building boats is like comparing apples to oranges...
Same could be said about Commander and other builders!

USCFAN
05-04-2006, 05:53 PM
Same could be said about Commander and other builders!
Not quite sure what you meant by that??

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Biggest things to look at. How are their stringers attatched glue, screws, bolts or all of the above? How is their electrical and how well is it fastened? Zip ties or clamps? Aluminum or stainless? Single, double or triple stich, what grade of vinyle do they use? Single ply or double? Staples or screws? Who do they get their fiberglass and gelcoat from and how is it mixed? How is it applied and how long do they let it cure?

Phat Matt
05-04-2006, 06:46 PM
CC's are cool. hehe hehehehe
http://www.kernel.uky.edu/1996/fall/1213/beavis.gif

bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM
thats just it. when you go to billy burgers, billy is making the burgers. not some illeagal alien out behind the place that doesn't even eat hamburgers.
the differences are not readily apearent most of the time. they are found in the parts of the boat that you don't see. seee? our first boat was a low teir "lotta boat for the money" type boat.great deal ?sure. did it compare to an upper teir boat? F$%# No! But,alas ,ignorance is bliss. on the other hand, if your the type of boater that puts 20 easy hours a year on your boat it probably aint gonna matter. it won't make sence to put up another 10- 20k up front in the name of future re-sale value,having a bitchen brand name on the side or etc.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 09:05 PM
thats just it. when you go to billy burgers, billy is making the burgers. not some illeagal alien out behind the place that doesn't even eat hamburgers.
the differences are not readily apearent most of the time. they are found in the parts of the boat that you don't see. seee? our first boat was a low teir "lotta boat for the money" type boat.great deal ?sure. did it compare to an upper teir boat? F$%# No! But,alas ,ignorance is bliss. on the other hand, if your the type of boater that puts 20 easy hours a year on your boat it probably aint gonna matter. it won't make sence to put up another 10- 20k up front in the name of future re-sale value,having a bitchen brand name on the side or etc.
LMAO! You are 100% right!

TRUMP TIGHT
05-04-2006, 09:06 PM
LMAO! Your 100% right!

bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 09:07 PM
:cool:

DRMCAT
05-04-2006, 09:13 PM
I will second that,you guys have a nice 28 cat and i do belive Commander has stepped it up a notch in the past couple of years. :)
Thanks for kind words Shadow. See you soon.

DRMCAT
05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks BOBO. And here they are!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/31442006-4-28_29_101.JPG

bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 09:27 PM
ahem. i would also like to clarify that i would not turn down a ride in any of these boats,lol.

Mandelon
05-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Those are some very nice flotation devices. :crossx:

Playbuoy
05-07-2006, 06:35 PM
I had the opportunity to visit the Commander "showroom."
From a strictly buyers perspective, I was disappointed. The showroom was in an old warehouse, was fairly dirty, and the boats weren't in the best layout for presentation. The gentleman at the showroom was great, but I was dissatatisfied with the showroom experience. It detoured me from considering Commander any further, thinking that if they cannot maintain a clean and presentable showroom for prospective buyers, what does that say about the quality of their product.
Of course, the presentation of the showroom and the quality of the boat CAN be completely unrelated, but it still doesn't leave the prospective buyer with a positive brand impression.
They should really invest in a quality showroom. Might help them move more product.

TRUMP TIGHT
05-07-2006, 06:41 PM
That sux but sometimes thats the way it goes. Some people just shoot themselves in the foot. Maybe you cant tell a product by a showroom but you can definitly tell the level of pride they carry for their company.

teamaquaholicks
05-07-2006, 07:32 PM
just go with the advantage 28 cat. it's only 85k nicely equiped:)

H20 Toie
05-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Boy it is hard not to pipe in on this thread. I am glad that there are so many people that are happy with their boats.

CBadDad
05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
This is a great debate and you can probably exchange any boat manufacturer and get simular results. I like the burger comparison, and although it's true they are essentially the same product one is definately better than the other. The funny thing is, some people like Micky D's better than CJ's and I can't for the life of me figure that one out!
Anyways, DRMCAT's photo's is worth reviving this thread!. :cool:

H20 Toie
05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
But mc d's has better customer service than Commander. :yuk:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-09-2006, 05:48 PM
So, Playbouy whats the deal? Have you looked into anything else?

Playbuoy
05-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I decided on a '06 Sunesta 252 with custom graphics and the 5.7 Gxi.

DRMCAT
05-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Good luck with the new boat. Bottom line is that you make the decision that is best for you and you get to hang out with friends and family and have a great time. Looking forward to seeing you out on the water. Congrats!

Kilrtoy
05-09-2006, 07:43 PM
I will say this they have really stepped up their Gel coat in the past year. The last few boats i have seen are very nice in the gel section

TRUMP TIGHT
05-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I decided on a '06 Sunesta 252 with custom graphics and the 5.7 Gxi.
Congrats! You should be very happy! How long before your on the water?

Playbuoy
05-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Congrats! You should be very happy! How long before your on the water?
Hopefully Memorial Day, Cottonwood Cove.

dicudmore
05-09-2006, 08:10 PM
congrats on your new ride :cool:

98 Vector 21
05-09-2006, 08:47 PM
congrats on your new ride :cool:
My new ride? ooohh sorry!

dicudmore
05-10-2006, 06:09 AM
My new ride? ooohh sorry!
yours too focker...you just need to get it done :cool:
You have my advice, now go make a decision...

Ziggy
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
RD
Don't forget that if no one is at the bottom of that totem pole the rest fall over....someone has to hold em up :D
Kidding aside Dave, both my Commanders have performed fantastic, no hull issues, no bad rigging issues(unless having a few less tie straps makes it bad) and gel work has been great. In some cases the arguement is the small meticulous visual details in the rigging, not neccessarily the functionality of it. In my opinion the product is on par with many others on the market. Just doesn't have the popularity contest won.
Both I bought new from them....1994 and 2004.
With both boats, any problem I had with them were related to power or drive, not the hull or rigging.
I have no problem recommending a Commander Boat.

THATJEFFGUY
05-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Not true at all ! The motor hours were an issue, but the "real" problem was actually with the HIN. So to set the story straight, and I'll let you be the judge....
A boat manufacturer builds a boat in 2000, runs it for a couple years as a demo, lets prospective "dealers" use it in their showroom and for customer demos, registers it to a dealer in another state, and uses it at several regattas. Then takes the boat back when the dealer files BK, restamps the HIN as an '03, resets the hour meter back, and sells it as a demo with "a few hours on it, probably less than 100" (per Sy, Steve, and the salesman Michael Gilkey). And also tells the finance company it's an '03. Now does that sound like good business practice, or am I just being another "unhappy customer" ? Thats my $.02

Jrocket
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Not true at all ! The motor hours were an issue, but the "real" problem was actually with the HIN. So to set the story straight, and I'll let you be the judge....
A boat manufacturer builds a boat in 2000, runs it for a couple years as a demo, lets prospective "dealers" use it in their showroom and for customer demos, registers it to a dealer in another state, and uses it at several regattas. Then takes the boat back when the dealer files BK, restamps the HIN as an '03, resets the hour meter back, and sells it as a demo with "a few hours on it, probably less than 100" (per Sy, Steve, and the salesman Michael Gilkey). And also tells the finance company it's an '03. Now does that sound like good business practice, or am I just being another "unhappy customer" ? Thats my $.02
Now dats sum bull shiat right there.Hang his azz Jeff! :)

Kilrtoy
05-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Sounds like fraud to me

JUST LOOKING
05-12-2006, 12:14 PM
Sounds like fraud to me
WHAT, Well if it is Fraud what happen to his case? : :yuk:

dicudmore
05-12-2006, 01:47 PM
sounds like a question to ask Jeff...
I think his # is 888-903-COOL...goes by the name Jeff...I've talked to him, nice guy. Makes some real nice EZ-up type covers and Prop covers

THATJEFFGUY
05-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Sometimes it's just alot easier to cut your losses and move on. So after talking to several LEO's, and a few attorneys, I decided "Why throw good money after bad ?" I truly believe in karma and "what goes around, comes around". Plus, word of mouth is the best (or worst) form of advertising....just remember that when you read this, Sy ! :D

JUST LOOKING
05-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Sometimes it's just alot easier to cut your losses and move on. So after talking to several LEO's, and a few attorneys, I decided "Why throw good money after bad ?" I truly believe in karma and "what goes around, comes around". Plus, word of mouth is the best (or worst) form of advertising....just remember that when you read this, Sy ! :D
Sorry to hear that, fighting a company can be a big problem sometime and your right KARMA is very real. :)

dicudmore
05-12-2006, 03:33 PM
did you ever wind up selling that boat Jeff?

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
RD
Commander is only at the bottom of the totem pole on this small, meaningless "***boat online" forum. There are 20x this many people just in cali buying custom boats then there are regular members to this website, and these people dont know about the so called "bad reputation" commander has....come on, they sold over 50 new boats last year. As a commander owner, i have had no problems in the 4 years ive had my boat...and would buy another. EVERY boat company has problems...from bayliner to DCB...its all about how much you wanna spend and how flashy you want to get.

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Commander is only at the bottom of the totem pole on this small, meaningless "***boat online" forum. There are 20x this many people just in cali buying custom boats then there are regular members to this website, and these people dont know about the so called "bad reputation" commander has....come on, they sold over 50 new boats last year. As a commander owner, i have had no problems in the 4 years ive had my boat...and would buy another. EVERY boat company has problems...from bayliner to DCB...its all about how much you wanna spend and how flashy you want to get.
I think your facts are way off, DID I SAY WAY OFF....
I dont think there are a 100,000 custom boats being built a year let alone 100,000 boats combined a year being built...
NEXT

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I think your facts are way off, DID I SAY WAY OFF....
I dont think there are a 100,000 custom boats being built a year let alone 100,000 boats combined a year being built...
NEXT
You may wanna read my post a few more times kilrboytoy it says there are 20x as many people buying custom boats than "REGULAR" ***boat forum members, which to mean me having a post count of atleast 1k (which is probably 100 members)....If you can do the simple math that is 20x
100= 2000...not the 100,000 you came up with. I guess thats why im a fireman and your a cop...you couldnt pass the test to be a fireman.

MR HARLEY
05-17-2006, 04:35 PM
I guess thats why im a fireman and your a cop...you couldnt pass the test to be a fireman.
:rolleyes:

CBadDad
05-17-2006, 04:56 PM
I guess thats why im a fireman and your a cop...you couldnt pass the test to be a fireman.
:eat:
Straight for the jugular. Ouch!

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 05:57 PM
You may wanna read my post a few more times kilrboytoy it says there are 20x as many people buying custom boats than "REGULAR" ***boat forum members, which to mean me having a post count of atleast 1k (which is probably 100 members)....If you can do the simple math that is 20x
100= 2000...not the 100,000 you came up with. I guess thats why im a fireman and your a cop...you couldnt pass the test to be a fireman.
Now who has the math problem. There are over 5000 members on this site. Dont come up with your buff and polish math count, I know you can only count as high as the lug nuts you polish daily, what is that, 16 , oh wait that is 8 , but I think it is actually 7. Mr 4day4play in a 7 day week :rolleyes: I have friends on here that are very active in HB with less than 100 post and have been on here for years. So there goes that theory.
so 5000 plus members x's your 20 equals 100,000.
Even with your math, I doubt there are 2000 NEW custom boats sold a year in california.
I think I hear the engineer calling, you forgot to armoral his side of the truck

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 06:08 PM
HEY, 8 DAY A WEEK TRUCK WASH BOY,
there are 379 members according to you WITH 1K POST, that would make 7580 new custom boats sold a year in cali.
I think you better stop sniffing the wax and hook up the exhaust outlet to the muffler of that rig, Because you are high....

Supultlbich
05-17-2006, 06:14 PM
You just made all of us that post here look like pompus idiots with that comment..........very classy!!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 06:20 PM
You just made all of us that post here look like pompus idiots with that comment..........very classy!!!!!!!!
We know your not, as most of ya'll are not,(excpet that Phebus guy :boxed: )
but there always has to be one wilted rose, among the dozen

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 06:23 PM
HEY, 8 DAY A WEEK TRUCK WASH BOY,
there are 379 members according to you WITH 1K POST, that would make 7580 new custom boats sold a year in cali.
I think you better stop sniffing the wax and hook up the exhaust outlet to the muffler of that rig, Because you are high....
I think my 2000 is closer to the 7580 than your 100,000. Hey brother we should be sticking together.. Regardless of our differences in opinion, The whole commander bashing has started from a select few being unhappy and whining...with an exception to thatjeffguy, who has a vaid argument. Commander has been around along time and i truely believe they have attempted to provide a good quality boat and superior customer service....for a price the avg middle class boater can afford. People(not saying you, i havent seen you boat bash) shoud be careful what they say on these public forums....there is such a thing as slander and lible....you should know that. I can keep going if you want or we can call it truths.

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Thats coming from a guy that has down "the one everybody wants" as an occupation in his profile......talk about pompus.

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I think my 2000 is closer to the 7580 than your 100,000. Hey brother we should be sticking together. cops and firemen have alot in common....they both wanted to be firemen at one point. .
See that is the difference, you need a big red truck to get laid, my looks alone take care of that department., Now get your ass back in the kitchen and get to cooking some hamburger helper, the fella's are hungry. Who is calling for a truce, sure as hell aint I...
nice try on erasing your comments, I caught them in time, I even highlighted them for you.
And dont forget the place setting

Supultlbich
05-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Thats coming from a guy that has down "the one everybody wants" as an occupation in his profile......talk about pompus.
Most of my friends would love to to be fireman, but then so would the other 10,000 people my dept tested last year that didnt get hired. Bottom line is no one here gives a shit what you do, or where you work. We are here to have fun and exchange information, and its people like you that pull the fireman card that make the rest of us on the job look foolish.

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 06:46 PM
See that is the difference, you need a big red truck to get laid, my looks alone take care of that department., Now get your ass back in the kitchen and get to cooking some hamburger helper, the fella's are hungry. Who is calling for a truce, sure as hell aint I...
nice try on erasing your comments, I caught them in time, I even highlighted them for you.
And dont forget the place setting
Your right, after making that comment i decided it was in bad taste because i do respect your proffession and work side by side our local PD on a daily basis. By the way, Yeah i do all of those things you listed, cook, clean, wash...etc but i take pride in it and enjoy what i do...maybe if you thad a little of that in you the schools you patrol wouldnt be as out of control as they are today. I dont use my big red truck to get laid, im married, and have been since before i was a fireman....and no, my wife and I are not interested in swinging. Sure you dont want to reconsider the truce? I have allot more on you, after all, you have told your life story on ***boat....including pics.

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 06:50 PM
Most of my friends would love to to be fireman, but then so would the other 10,000 people my dept tested last year that didnt get hired. Bottom line is no one here gives a shit what you do, or where you work. We are here to have fun and exchange information, and its people like you that pull the fireman card that make the rest of us on the job look foolish.
I dont know were you work, and i dont care, but he attacked my post first....besides it is a known fact, ALL of my friends that are cops took fireman tests at one point.....it IS easier to get hired as a cop, there are more positions and less interest than the fire dept. He then began to put down OUR job......go back and read the few post i have mad....several of them were sticking up for PD and CHP when they were being hammered by private sector employees on the boards.

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Your right, after making that comment i decided it was in bad taste because i do respect your proffession and work side by side our local PD on a daily basis. By the way, Yeah i do all of those things you listed, cook, clean, wash...etc but i take pride in it and enjoy what i do...maybe if you thad a little of that in you the schools you patrol wouldnt be as out of control as they are today. I dont use my big red truck to get laid, im married, and have been since before i was a fireman....and no, my wife and I are not interested in swinging. Sure you dont want to reconsider the truce? I have allot more on you, after all, you have told your life story on ***boat....including pics.
PRIDE in my job... Ok I'll bite...
I dont think you have any PRIDE, because there are so many people injured in car accidents and hell there are a lot of fires every day, people are having heart attacks, should I continue on your point, i think you are realizing your pointless again... ...
maybe if you had pride these things would not happen.
If my life story is already on ***boat, what are you gonna bring up that
I HAVE NOT ALREADY SAID OR POSTED IN PICS....
and actually you dont have shit on me...

4DAY4PLAY
05-17-2006, 06:55 PM
PRIDE in my job... Ok I'll bite...
I dont think you have any PRIDE, because there are so many people injured in car accidents and hell there are a lot of fires every day, people are having heart attacks, should I continue on your point, i think you are realizing your pointless again... ...
maybe if you had pride these things would not happen.
If my life story is already on ***boat, what are you gonna bring up that
I HAVE NOT ALREADY SAID OR POSTED IN PICS....
and actually you dont have shit on me...
Im over this....its child play, im going to bed, were going to get up our usual 6 times after midnight, and i'll have a tough time mapping us in if i dont get some rest now. Goodnight.

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I dont know were you work, and i dont care, but he attacked my post first....besides it is a known fact, ALL of my friends that are cops took fireman tests at one point.....it IS easier to get hired as a cop, there are more positions and less interest than the fire dept. He then began to put down OUR job......go back and read the few post i have mad....several of them were sticking up for PD and CHP when they were being hammered by private sector employees on the boards.
I have never bashed your profession on here. I did allude to a specific incident when a pussy ass fireman would not help someone BECUASE THEY WERE SCARED...
and yes I have no plans on running into any burning building, you can have that.
I did not attack you, just clarified your mistake....
I think you put to much sugar in your Iced Tea today...
throw it out and make a new batch

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Im over this....its child play, im going to bed, were going to get up our usual 6 times after midnight, and i'll have a tough time mapping us in if i dont get some rest now. Goodnight.
what are you talking about...
you have GPS maps that tell you where to turn, is it that hard to follow...

Supultlbich
05-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Miguel, I know a fireman that got a 98mph ride on an F26 last weekend!!! Whew WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

phebus
05-17-2006, 08:45 PM
We know your not, as most of ya'll are not,(excpet that Phebus guy :boxed: )
but there always has to be one wilted rose, among the dozen
Thanks :) , I just went from asshole, to pompus ass :rollside:
Field promotion

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks :) , I just went from asshole, to pompus ass :rollside:
Field promotion
At least you go to the field or used too...
All he does is wax and wash and breath the fumes as the men drive off to work....

TRUMP TIGHT
05-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Why is this thread still going? Haters?

Kilrtoy
05-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Why is this thread still going? Haters?
Were not even talking about boats anymore

phebus
05-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I think 4DAY4PLAY should go boating with SUMMITKARL this weekend. They are both such smooth talkers :argue:

MRSDRMCAT
05-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Ok here it goes....my first mean post on the boards.....you are a JERK!! :220v:

Playbuoy
05-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Perhaps this could be best settled in the Octagon? ;)
...so glad I started this thread on opinions regarding Commander! Regardless, their "showroom" wasn't a place that convinced me to do business there. As mentioned in an earlier post, they should reinvest back into the company and create a more presentable place to showcase their product.

THATJEFFGUY
05-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Perhaps this could be best settled in the Octagon? ;)
...so glad I started this thread on opinions regarding Commander! Regardless, their "showroom" wasn't a place that convinced me to do business there. As mentioned in an earlier post, they should reinvest back into the company and create a more presentable place to showcase their product.
What...you weren't impressed by their "showroom" ?? Well you should take a drive out to BFE and see their "corporate office"..talk about impressive ! :D

4DAY4PLAY
05-18-2006, 07:37 AM
Ok here it goes....my first mean post on the boards.....you are a JERK!! :220v:
Yeah thats me......Why dont you open your eyes and read all of his posts in this thread and see who has put who down more....Ive just stated the facts......Oh i forgot you guys all bow down to the king of ***boat...well, im not buying in to it.

MR HARLEY
05-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Yeah thats me......Why dont you open your eyes and read all of his posts in this thread and see who has put who down more....Ive just stated the facts......Oh i forgot you guys all bow down to the king of ***boat...well, im not buying in to it.
Have some respect for the lady.

Supultlbich
05-18-2006, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=4DAY4PLAY....besides it is a known fact, ALL of my friends that are cops took fireman tests at one point.....i[/QUOTE]
Is this one of the facts that you speak of??? I hope not. We know where you stand, just leave it at that.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Listen here towel boy... You started in with the insult crap, not me.
Dont back down now, you also stated you were gonna start in with my personal life and wife. Bring it on......
If your not a big enough man to admit you screwed up, then just shut up....
Once again
5000 times 20 is 100,000.
is there anyone that would disagree.

USCFAN
05-18-2006, 12:34 PM
Damn, there is a lot of testosterone floating around in here. :hammerhea

dicudmore
05-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Listen here towel boy... You started in with the insult crap, not me.
Dont back down now, you also stated you were gonna start in with my personal life and wife. Bring it on......
If your not a big enough man to admit you screwed up, then just shut up....
Once again
5000 times 20 is 100,000.
is there anyone that would disagree.
all I know is if we're taking bets on this action...
I got 20 bucks that says Yvonne lays the smack down, either here or at the lake :wink:

TRUMP TIGHT
05-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Were not even talking about boats anymore
You guys never talk about boats! Boats just arent as fun as the day to day sh!t talking extravaganza!LOL!!

MRSDRMCAT
05-18-2006, 04:04 PM
My EYES are open jerk off!!! Regardless how you feel about him why did you have to turn it into a L.E. thing.....I am disgusted that you are a fireman and not only feel this way but would actually write this on a public forum......by the way all my friends never wanted to be a fireman (not that it is a bad job)!

phebus
05-18-2006, 04:34 PM
For the record, I am a firefighter (recently retired), and I thought your statement 4DAY4PLAY was chickenshit. It's all about choice, and those in their chosen professions should receive all the praise for the job they do. Just because your lucky enough to have your passion as your chosen profession is great, but don't think you are God's gift to the world.
I think you are taking yourself a little too serious. :mad:

Supultlbich
05-18-2006, 05:12 PM
I think the last two posts sum it up pretty well. Well said folks!!! :)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2006, 05:53 PM
First off, Phebus, excellent post. Secondly, as with any industry their is a hierarchy with someone at the top and someone at the bottom. I do believe that there are two members on here that used to own Commanders and now own a different brand. If I remember correctly both feel that their new boats are better constructed than their Commanders were. If my memory is wrong, well, mea culpa. Also, I've personally seen things wrong with a Commander that would prevent me from ever owning one.....but that is my choice.....

BoaterX
05-18-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Bob. All over these boards, people say X brand is better and Y brand is a piece of ish, yet they have nothing to validate their ish talking. I have seen lots of nice boats out there from some well known and lesser known brands. Some of the builder X brand's guys eventually spinnoff their own brands and who's to say they were not the reason behind the big names in the first place.
One thing that comes to mind.....DCB. They boats are so frickin sick!! Oh man, they give me a woody, but if you look at the MIC Database (http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=DCE) , it reads "ACQUIRED MOLDS FROM ELIMINATOR (ELB). 980519"
I am sure at one time people said, who the F is DCB. But now look!

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2006, 09:16 PM
One thing that comes to mind.....DCB. They boats are so frickin sick!! Oh man, they give me a woody, but if you look at the MIC Database (http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/mic_detail.aspx?id=DCE) , it reads "ACQUIRED MOLDS FROM ELIMINATOR (ELB). 980519"
I am sure at one time people said, who the F is DCB. But now look!
I thought in the beginning DCB was buying bare hulls from Eliminator and rigging them, not actually using the Eliminator molds.....

AirtimeLavey
05-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Just sold my '92 19' Commander jet w/454. Never had a problem w/construction or w/cust. service (I never needed much). Great boat, held it's value, and had a lot fun w/it. I'm sure new owner will have many more years of fun.