PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt issues

Magic34
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
For those that have been in the last month or so......
Are all the rattlesnakes gone??????
Thinking about heading up there this Saturday.

KACHINA KEN
07-12-2005, 08:08 PM
rattlesnakes can't swim, you'll be ok. :D

Jordy
07-12-2005, 08:09 PM
You mean rattlesnakes can't swim up into that 34' boat. They can swim though. :D
We were up there a couple weeks ago and didn't see any. ;)

Magic34
07-12-2005, 08:18 PM
rattlesnakes can't swim, you'll be ok. :D
You still in NY, or where ever it was you were going?
Your boat done?

Magic34
07-12-2005, 08:19 PM
You mean rattlesnakes can't swim up into that 34' boat. They can swim though. :D
We were up there a couple weeks ago and didn't see any. ;)
Sh*t, if they were out there swimming, I wouldn't go out in a 55' boat.

Evil-E
07-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Magic 34 -We just had the boat in on the 4th. The water is great, no logs, debri or snakes that we saw. We were there for three days and saw nothing. All the launch ramps are open and never crowded. It's nice to let the big dogs out on Roosevelt!

AZKC
07-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Rosy's a mess, big logs, lots of snakes and critters, Ranger Rick and his buddies are ticketing everyone. I'd probably go to Pleasant for at least 3 maybe 4 months. :crossx: :skull:

Magic34
07-13-2005, 07:52 AM
Magic 34 -We just had the boat in on the 4th. The water is great, no logs, debri or snakes that we saw. We were there for three days and saw nothing. All the launch ramps are open and never crowded. It's nice to let the big dogs out on Roosevelt!
I think you have a 36 Spectre, if I remember correctly.
Did you take the Payson or Globe route? I was wondering if there is any construction from the turn off from the 87 to the lake? Basically on the 188.
Jordy, which way did you go? I normally have always taken the Globe route in the years past, but with the 34, it would be a better drive going the Payson way. Just want to make sure there are no construction zones of the 188. Those damn guys always put the construction barriers too close together.
Thanks guys.

Jordy
07-13-2005, 07:56 AM
I went the 87 to the 188 turn off and down. I don't recall any construction on this side of the dam, but you never can tell with the Arizona road construction spurts. For me, being up north it would add probably another hour to the trip to go the Globe route and come in from the south and it seems to me that they do have the roads all torn up south of the dam. ;)

GUGS102
07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
We have a trailer at the marina. I was up there this weekend with no snakes. Have not had any issues with Ranger(s) either, in fact, we had a nice discussion with them this weekend regarding the new noise laws. One of our jets definately breaks the sound barriers. They said as long as you are running water in them, they don't care. No one out there, water was flat most of the weekend.
Have fun
Gugs

Evil-E
07-13-2005, 09:47 AM
I'm coming from Tucson so of course I don't take the same routes. As for me, I did not see any construction but thats not gonna help you much! ;) Have fun and let us know how it went and when you are going again.

Magic34
07-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I'm coming from Tucson so of course I don't take the same routes. As for me, I did not see any construction but thats not gonna help you much! ;) Have fun and let us know how it went and when you are going again.
Probably this Saturday and Sunday, thanks for the response.

91nordic29
07-13-2005, 10:52 AM
I went the 87 to the 188 turn off and down. I don't recall any construction on this side of the dam, but you never can tell with the Arizona road construction spurts. For me, being up north it would add probably another hour to the trip to go the Globe route and come in from the south and it seems to me that they do have the roads all torn up south of the dam. ;)
dont you mean northWEST?????? :cool:

91nordic29
07-13-2005, 11:01 AM

Mardonzi
07-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Do you always make a habit of repeating yourself???? Get to work!!

91nordic29
07-13-2005, 11:54 AM
oops
:hammerhea

Jordy
07-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Nope. If I meant Northwest then I'd be talking about the aveNEWS!!!! ;)

AZKC
07-13-2005, 12:19 PM
All the construction coming out of Globe is on the decent into the lake area, but its off in the new section of highway they are putting in, it really doesn't interfere with driving. It might get a little busy at the Young turn-off cause thats where the trucks access the new road.

Magic34
07-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks again guys!!!

KACHINA KEN
07-13-2005, 05:32 PM
You still in NY, or where ever it was you were going?
Your boat done?
Im in Atlantic City, coming home tomorrow night, well starting too anyhow. Boat is done, waiting on a trailer now.

AZKC
07-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Looks like Apache this weekend, try and find some kind a party :crossx: