PDA

View Full Version : Raylar results

Raylar
07-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I know there are a few gear heads on here who would like to see some more pics and results on the Raylar kits and our new HO600 496 motors. If you go to the Offshore only site under the general tech Q&A and visit the thread called "Raylar results" there is some pretty good info and some nice pic's of the new HO600. Look out "Blue Motors!"
Ray @ Raylar ;)

hondajoey
07-13-2005, 12:56 AM
Raylar
is there a manifold or kit that can convert a 496 EFI motor to a carb and can you put on a distubtor like a regular 454?
i would like to put one in a jet boat
thanks

shadow
07-13-2005, 06:18 AM
I know there are a few gear heads on here who would like to see some more pics and results on the Raylar kits and our new HO600 496 motors. If you go to the Offshore only site under the general tech Q&A and visit the thread called "Raylar results" there is some pretty good info and some nice pic's of the new HO600. Look out "Blue Motors!"
Ray @ Raylar ;)
Ray,What will it take to upgrade mine current set up to the 600hp?(besides the obvious $$)
Crank rods & pistons?I assume my heads and intake are usable,how about my camshaft,rockers,lifters,push rods,etc?FYI i've got about 40 hrs since your last ride in my boat.How much added tourque with the 600 over the 525 Raylar?I would think the added 75hp or so would put me in the mid 80's.
Then i could justify keeping my boat another season. :smile:

Raylar
07-13-2005, 07:07 AM
Darrell
The HO600 has the forged pistons and H-beam rods with the special oil pump. Your crank will work fine. Change the cam, install the headers, bigger oil cooler, add the "ebox" reprogrammer, a bigger fuel pump and lines and your there! 600HP and 650 ft/lbs of torque! You will be well into the eighties. No its not cheap, I would estimate the total cost for a turn key labor and materials job at about 9K. Not that much when you price a new 600HP accessorized EFI or a 600HP "blue motor"!
Keep hav'in fun with the "Shadow"!
Ray @ Raylar :smile:

Matt99DECH
07-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Ray,
any chance you could post some photos over here? I believe you have to be a paying member at OSO in order to view any of the attachments so most will be unable to see them.
What sort of HP Improvements could our 525 kit see with the use of the header system? if you have some photos I'd love to see them.
Heres a couple photos of our 525kit after it was reunited with the boat.
Matt
if you guys take a close look you can see board member Franky's trick oil cooler setup...thanks again Frank.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/160/raylar1sm.jpg
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/160/raylar2sm.jpg

Beer-30
07-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Raylar
is there a manifold or kit that can convert a 496 EFI motor to a carb and can you put on a distubtor like a regular 454?
i would like to put one in a jet boat
thanks
I certainly hope not! That is sacrilegious! (I checked the spelling)
Carbs are sooooooo 2000!

Raylar
07-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Matt :
Great install pictures! Polishing Looks sweet! If you add a good set of headers on your 496 with our kit you will see about another 25 -30 HP increase over the 525HP you have now. I will get the HO600 pictures from oso and post them on this thread ASAP! I will also post Randy's "Escape Velocity" comments about his new engine set up and his results. Insman is picking up his two "Purple Monstas" friday and delivering them down to Aaron at Absolute friday for the July 28 install in his gorgeous Shockwave! Family and Performance boat is doing a spread on his boat and the motors, should be great reading! Let me know how your boat is performing when everything is dialed in. Just heard from another Raylar 525 kit owner from Simi Valley today who says his results where incredible. Again, have fun, keep it right side up and say hi to your dad for me.
Ray @ Raylar

Nordicflame
07-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Ray, what happened to that thread on OSO?
I can't find it..could you cut and paste the link please?
Thanks,
Dave (actually Nordicflame on OSO)

Havasu Hangin'
07-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Carbs are sooooooo 2000!
And so are checkers.
:messedup:

Beer-30
07-16-2005, 10:15 AM
And so are checkers.
:messedup:
Oh dammit! Very true! Actually, 98-ish. I was shocked to see an oh-1 with them. Elminator had some oh-2s even with the scheme.
The checkers become extremely fuel efficient when injected, though. :yuk:

Raylar
07-17-2005, 11:04 AM
NordicHeat
The post on OSO is titled " Raylar Results" and is under the General Tech, Q & A threads. You can use the search option I would think and get it that way also. I am not sure how to link the thread to over here if someone can tell me how to do it it would help. I thought I would contact Randy and have him post his contact over here so anybody interested could email him. I also tried to post some more pictures here but these forums keep rejecting the size and I am not as comfortable on computers as I am on motors! :messedup:
Ray @ Raylar

Nordicflame
07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Ray, on the 600HP package are you using the stock throttle body?
I understand that it becomes very restrictive at 550hp.
Also are you still using the stock injectors at that level?
Dave

Raylar
07-22-2005, 08:27 PM
:D NordicHeat:
No we use our own 1000cfm throttle body on the HO600, although we have seen the HO600 make over 580HP with the stock throttle body. Yes the stock injectors are reused and they are capable of flowing enough fuel to make about 650 HP but the stock fuel pumps have to be replaced with a bigger fuel pump and a new bigger filter.
Ray @ Raylar