PDA

View Full Version : I am leaving for London tomorrow....

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 12:14 PM
anything I should be sure to see? Do they really serve warm beer? :cry:
DMB

NashvilleBound
07-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Just make sure your hotel room has its OWN bathroom..... Sharing sucks...
and watch out for Osamas guys......

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 12:19 PM
Eat at the pubs - The food at the regular restaurants isn't that great anyways. I had good beer while I was there. The tower of London was pretty cool and you can see the "other" London bridge besides the one in Havasu.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/234P9180702.JPG

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Think I should pack my kevlar? :frown: I actually don't think it will be that bad since London will be on high alert. I am sure there will be plenty of security around.
Is the food that bad?
DMB

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 12:42 PM
Eat at the pubs - The food at the regular restaurants isn't that great anyways. I had good beer while I was there. The tower of London was pretty cool and you can see the "other" London bridge besides the one in Havasu.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/234P9180702.JPG
That water doesn't look that clean.
DMB

Ion
07-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Definitely see the Tower of London AND...the Tower Dungeons. It's extremely creepy with Mme. Toussaud's Waxworks figures rigged up the the many barbaric torture devices actually used. I swear I could feel the tormented souls still lingering in the dungeons...gives me the chills just thinking about it!
Covent Garden, one of the many tube stops, is a cool place for pubs / clubs.

NashvilleBound
07-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Think I should pack my kevlar? :frown: I actually don't think it will be that bad since London will be on high alert. I am sure there will be plenty of security around.
Is the food that bad?
DMB
London is still on high alert... You'll be fine. Besides, they say you never hear it coming if you get whacked.... (feel better now?) Drink only bottled water.... do not wonder off into lala land.... You'll haave a great trip...hope you have first class tickets...wasnt it like 11 hours? (depending on where you fly out of)

mondorally
07-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Make sure to hit a kebab shop after a solid night of juicing! Your ass may never forgive you but there is no better way to close out the night!
Justin
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00112/kebab_112030a.JPG

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM
London is still on high alert... You'll be fine. Besides, they say you never hear it coming if you get whacked.... (feel better now?) Drink only bottled water.... do not wonder off into lala land.... You'll haave a great trip...hope you have first class tickets...wasnt it like 11 hours? (depending on where you fly out of)
Our flight is through work and it is a charted plane with about 80 poeple from the company. We basically drop our bags off when we get to LAX and never seem them again until we open our hotel room door. Not a bad way to travel.
DMB

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Make sure to hit a kebab shop after a solid night of juicing! Your ass may never forgive you but there is no better way to close out the night!
Justin
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00112/kebab_112030a.JPG
I'll try to remember that. :idea:
DMB

NashvilleBound
07-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Our flight is through work and it is a charted plane with about 80 poeple from the company. We basically drop our bags off when we get to LAX and never seem them again until we open our hotel room door. Not a bad way to travel.
DMB
Sounds perfect. Have a good trip...take some pictures for all us poor peeps that cant go.....

Three Days Only
07-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Dont forget you cell phone biatch!!

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Dont forget you cell phone biatch!!
Unfortunatly I don't have a International Plan, but I do look forward to a full memory when I get back.
DMB

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Sounds perfect. Have a good trip...take some pictures for all us poor peeps that cant go.....
Batteries are charging as I type.

MOBrien
07-13-2005, 02:15 PM
definitely check out the Tower Dungeons/torture chambers.....wild stuff!
Also, Windsor Castle is pretty amazing and their are some killer shops around it in Windsor. If you're interested in music, the music stores in London are cool too.
have fun.

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I don't know if they are still operating them or not, but an easy way to see a lot of the city to to ride one of those double decker buses. They are full of tourists and a little cheesy, but you get to cover a lot of ground that way.
You can pretty much get anywhere on the underground, picadilly circus was a cool area with restaurants, clubs, etc. I have some pictures in the image gallery from when I was there in Sept. The Tower of London had a lot to see.

CA Stu
07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Harrod's - department store
Hamley's - World's biggest toy store
Fish and chips - greasier the better
Curry (lamb jal frezi or chicken vindaloo) - the hotter the better
Pint of bitter - or 4
Tower of London - take the tour early in the day, and tip the Beefeater at the end
London Eye - mid day is best
Two real English restaurants in London:
Chalk and Cheese
Porters
Lots of artsy fartsy stuff, but I recommend a day trip to Cambridge or Oxford, you can rent a boat (with about 3 hp) and putt around the canals, enjoy lunch and beers at a pub on the bank.
A day trip to Calais or Boulogne, or an overnight to Paris is fun, too.
Have fun, and good for you.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "Drink only bottled water?" you gotta be f*cking kidding me. It's the UK, not Mexico, ya dummy. *shaking my head*
PPS The exchange rate is good now. Skip the change booths and banks, just use your ATM card. Best exchange rate, easy to use, and ubiquitous.
PPS, I'm sure I don't need to say this to you, but for other, less snlightened travelers. please try not to be "The Ugly American". The English culture is different than ours.
Not better, not worse, just different.
Appreciate and enjoy it.
PPPS and it's colour, neighbour :smile:

Phat Matt
07-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I say go clubbing. Should be able to find some good house music.
And stop by Juno Records and pick me up some new wax. :D That's my "favourite" store to get records from.

KACHINA KEN
07-13-2005, 02:37 PM
DMB
hit 3 clubs, FABRIC, THE END and Velvet Room if it's still open. It's around the corner from the end. And before going into the end ask if it is a straight nite. Unless your gay that is :p

NashvilleBound
07-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Harrod's - department store
Hamley's - World's biggest toy store
Fish and chips - greasier the better
Curry (lamb jal frezi or chicken vindaloo) - the hotter the better
Pint of bitter - or 4
Tower of London - take the tour early in the day, and tip the Beefeater at the end
London Eye - mid day is best
Two real English restaurants in London:
Chalk and Cheese
Porters
Lots of artsy fartsy stuff, but I recommend a day trip to Cambridge or Oxford, you can rent a boat (with about 3 hp) and putt around the canals, enjoy lunch and beers at a pub on the bank.
A day trip to Calais or Boulogne, or an overnight to Paris is fun, too.
Have fun, and good for you.
Thanks
CA Stu
PS "Drink only bottled water?" you gotta be f*cking kidding me. It's the UK, not Mexico, ya dummy. *shaking my head*
PPS The exchange rate is good now. Skip the change booths and banks, just use your ATM card. Best exchange rate, easy to use, and ubiquitous.
PPS, I'm sure I don't need to say this to you, but for other, less snlightened travelers. please try not to be "The Ugly American". The English culture is different than ours.
Not better, not worse, just different.
Appreciate and enjoy it.
PPPS and it's colour, neighbour :smile:
Geez, I had to look up some of those words in the dicksionaryy.... I didnt know we had smart peoples here.
Just messing with you CAstu :220v: :220v:
and I stand behind the bottled water statement.

Jrocket
07-13-2005, 02:40 PM
Try not to look at their teeth,they done believe in oral hygiene. :p
What kind of work are you going for,what do you do?

CA Stu
07-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Geez, I had to look up some of those words in the dicksionaryy.... I didnt know we had smart peoples here.
Just messing with you CAstu :220v: :220v:
That's cool. At least I don't have the tummy of an 8 month old girl.
"Bottled wawa onwy, Mommy!"
:rollside:
*parry and thrust*
Back atcha
Cheers
CA Stu <-- lived there for a while, goes back every year for a visit.

barbigrl
07-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Be safe Dimarco!!!! Have fun! :p

NashvilleBound
07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
That's cool. At least I don't have the tummy of an 8 month old girl.
"Bottled wawa onwy, Mommy!"
:rollside:
*parry and thrust*
Back atcha
Cheers
CA Stu <-- lived there for a while, goes back every year for a visit.
LMAO...well, just for your info it wasnt my tummy it was my wifes. And it has effected her throughout the world...Tahiti, Netherlands....on and on. It can really effect a trip..... but its all good.... My tummy on the other hand eats anything that doesnt move and somethings that do.

dimarcobros
07-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for all the input. I will be sure to take some pics and post them when I get back.
DMB

duffster
07-13-2005, 03:25 PM
All good stuff I'm going on the 27th.

MILKMAN351
07-13-2005, 03:43 PM
DMB
OK, HERE IT IS. WIFE IS FROM THE UK AND I'VE BEEN THERE ABOUT 6 TIMES. THE BEER IS AWSOME, IT'S NOT WARM, IT'S MORE ROOM TEMP OR COOL AT BEST. THE DIFFERENCE IS EVERYTHING IS FRESH, NO HEAT PASTURIZING, WHICH MEANS THE BEER TASTES AS GOOD COOL AS ID DOES AT ROOM TEMP. TAKE GUINESS FOR EXAMPLE, I'M FULL BLOODED IRISH AND NEVER LIKED THAT BEER, HAVE IN ENGLAND AND IT'S A WHOLE OTHER EXPERIENCE. WITH OUT ALL THE CRAP THEY PUT IN IT TO PRESERVE IT FOR SHIPPING ITS AWESOME, HAVE IT IN DUBLIN IRELAND, WHICH I DID RIGHT FROM THE GUINESS BREWERY, AND YOU'RE IN HEAVEN. THERE ARE BREWERYS EVERYWHERE, IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO TRY THE LOCAL BEER BECAUSE IT WILL BE THE FRESHEST.
SECONDLY, EATING AT THE PUBS IS YOUR BEST BET, ALTHOUGH MY WIFE SAYS THEY HAVE GOTTEN BETTER IN THE RESTAURANTS IN THE PAST COUPLE YEARS, IT'S MORE SERVICE ISSUES THAN FOOD. STICK TO THE BASICS, (ENGLISH BREAKFAST, COD AND CHIPS, BANGERS AND MASH, ETC). I WOULD SUGGEST EATING AT AN AMERICAN PUB OR ENGLISH RESTAURANT BEFORE YOU GO TO SEE WHAT YOU LIKE.
PM ME WITH ANY ?S OR WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO DO.