PDA

View Full Version : vacation

v-drive
07-13-2005, 12:17 PM
Well I am taking a rest day at my sons in az toay. We have spent a day at saguaro and a day at canyon and both were great. I think saguaro is not quite as family friendly as canyon but still had agreat time. You all know that I have an old lavey craft and thanks to all of you that have complemented me on it here at the lakes. This thing comes out of the hole like a bat out of hell but when I get up around 4k that's about it. I can trim it down a little and get control but it doesn't seem to want to do more < my son and I both feel it would do better with a prop change and bigger gears in the v-drive.
We will be at canyon tomorrow and then we are heading home to so cal.I have an old toploader with 17's and a 11 3/4 15 3 blade now. :D v-drive

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 12:19 PM
What kind of rpm are you spinning? it might not have enough power if it is stopping at 4k.

v-drive
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
It's not really stopping Don I just feel I should be feeling more. You have to drag the boat here it's awsome...v-drive

76BARRON
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
Gears are tall enough! Work on the prop...

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 12:27 PM
What kind of rpm are you pulling?
You know I am selling the Lavey right? :)
I have a new sweetness now, that I have always dreamed about.

v-drive
07-13-2005, 03:23 PM
I kind of thought you were going to do that, I would sell mine but I don't know what i would get. My wife loves this boat also so that would be a problem. tomorrow I will play for 1 more day at canyon lake..v-drive

Kurtis500
07-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Make sure you head all the way back to the end. Its an amazing place to be. We pack a picnic and stay at the campground there about 3 miles back. That and Apache are the nicest lakes around. If I get an itch tommorow, look for a all white 21ft Howard v-drive cruiser, I may go out there.

Kim Hanson
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
What kind of rpm are you pulling?
You know I am selling the Lavey right? :)
I have a new sweetness now, that I have always dreamed about.
I do recall you just asking what a B Boat was and it wasn't that long ago RiceBoy...........( . )( . )..........Dreaming again now? :rolleyes:

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
I do recall you just asking what a B Boat was and it wasn't that long ago RiceBoy...........( . )( . )..........Dreaming again now? :rolleyes:
hey dipshit, cant you tell I was playing around? cause I had it hidden and planned out, that was just a joke and playing stupid, obviously you are stupid if you couldnt catch that, so get out of the v-drive section now you homo.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
I kind of thought you were going to do that, I would sell mine but I don't know what i would get. My wife loves this boat also so that would be a problem. tomorrow I will play for 1 more day at canyon lake..v-drive
Hey Ben,
Dont get rid of it, it is super clean. I am only getting rid of mine cause I want to kick some serious ass, I think the Lavey serves just well, I just wanted something a little more extreme, thats all. :D

v-drive
07-15-2005, 01:06 PM
Back home today and I must say I really enjoyed the lakes I visited in az. I especially liked canyon lake and will return next year. Yesterday while taking off from shore my holly blue went out and we paddled back to shore and I wasn't even mad because of all the people that have had problems on the boards,I guess I was expecting it to happen.
I talk about selling it Don but I won't, I like talking about it to much. Next year my sons 21 footer will be done and I will have bigger tanks so we can cruise back into the lake, you and your dad have got to make the trip.
Oh yeah, who makes the best electric fuel pump?.... :D v-drive

Kurtis500
07-15-2005, 01:56 PM
v-drive, how far back did you get at Canyon Lake?

v-drive
07-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I was going for a ride yesterday when my fuel pump went out.
The day before I had ventured in only a little ways and knew I was hooked.
last friday my son and I went back in saguaro and were impressed but nothing like we were with canyon lake..... :D v-drive

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Ben,
Do yourself a favor and get the summit racing pump, it is billet with a black base, it works bitchen.

Kurtis500
07-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Did you at least get to make it to the campground/picnic area? Hope so. One of the neatest things there is at water level which is about 110 feet of the bottom of the lake. There are the ends of trees which are stacked inside the mountain. Its pretty amazing how 110 feet above a river bed and 200+ feet below the top of the mountain is a pile of trees stacked tightly in the sediment. It goes about 30 feet over the waterline and somewhere near 100 feet wide. Pretty cool stuff.

v-drive
07-15-2005, 04:45 PM
next year.............v-drive

Sleek-Jet
07-16-2005, 07:25 AM
I was going for a ride yesterday when my fuel pump went out.
The day before I had ventured in only a little ways and knew I was hooked.
last friday my son and I went back in saguaro and were impressed but nothing like we were with canyon lake..... :D v-drive
Did you make it up to Apache??? :confused:

v-drive
07-16-2005, 07:52 AM
No I didn't and am mad because I didn't. I needed to make sure my grandchildren had a good time and canyon fit the bill just fine. I was afraid that apache wouldn't have the beaches that canyon had. Next year I will be far more prepared. one more note. It was damn hot (115) but dry heat and didn't seem to bother us at all. My wife and I also spent 2 nights at south mountain resort and all day sunday floating in intertubes with our granddaughter and daughter in law. Awsome place and we also ate an excellent meal at Auntchiladas.
:coffeycup v-drive

AZKC
07-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Actually Apache has better beachs(aka sand washes), just not as easy to get to as the beach right by the boat docks at Canyon. Canyon is a great lake, just gets a little crowded quick.