PDA

View Full Version : AC or Heating Guys in Simi/TO area?

mbrown2
07-13-2005, 12:59 PM
House is only 6 years old, 2 units; 1 upstairs, 1 down....Seems like the the unit upstairs keeps freezing up (or whatever you call it)....where the pipes to the outside fan unit seem frozen and it stops blowing cold air....The last two years, I have had guys check it, and it seems to be low on Freon (sp?) or whatever agent is used now, and I would like to solve the problem for good. I also want the guy to check the unit in the attic...seems to be draining out of the reserve pipe and not the primary....Anyone do this work?

moneypit
07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Landeen Heating & Air Conditioning
2594 Roxy
SimiValley, CA 93065 Map
Phone: (800) 649-2227
A friend of mine.. Honest and good work.. Tell em Dr. Sommer sent ya

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Isn't trailer park cassanova in that area?

dicudmore
07-13-2005, 01:29 PM
Isn't trailer park cassanova in that area?
he is in simi also...
also goes by flyin' tiger right?

Steamin' Rice
07-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I think that's the guy..

UltraStealth
07-13-2005, 01:39 PM
House is only 6 years old, 2 units; 1 upstairs, 1 down....Seems like the the unit upstairs keeps freezing up (or whatever you call it)....where the pipes to the outside fan unit seem frozen and it stops blowing cold air....The last two years, I have had guys check it, and it seems to be low on Freon (sp?) or whatever agent is used now, and I would like to solve the problem for good. I also want the guy to check the unit in the attic...seems to be draining out of the reserve pipe and not the primary....Anyone do this work?
I had the same problem, make sure the filter is clean. Take it out hose it down, let it dry. In the meantime if the lines are frozen just run the fan, not the AC. The lines need to un-freeze before you can run the air.

laveydayz
07-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Chuck Valenzuela......Independent Heating&AC....661-299-2403Cell...He is a really good guy and very fair$$$. Does alot of work in Simi/Chatsworth

mbrown2
07-14-2005, 07:13 AM
I had the same problem, make sure the filter is clean. Take it out hose it down, let it dry. In the meantime if the lines are frozen just run the fan, not the AC. The lines need to un-freeze before you can run the air.
Guys thanks for the all the input...Ultra, I will clean the filter today...I thought about that yesterday (idiot move on my part), and that is what I have been doing...switch to fan for an hour and then back on...it is only happening in the middle or end of the day when the sun is the most hot.
Also, I am pretty sure TPC is just down the street from me...

Mandelon
07-14-2005, 07:49 AM
TPC posted on this last week at RRL, I think he had a similar problem with his RV unit. He made a sunshade for it and once out of the heat it did much better. Also don't set the thermostat too low, I understand this can add to a freeze up condition.

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
07-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Sounds Like Low Air Flow..you Might Have A Dirty Coil Or Filter.also Leave The Stat In One Spot..