PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Jet Info???

kielbasa
07-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Hi guys, my brother just bought an old Chrylser jet boat (SIII w/340)....even though we are mopar fanatics, we know nothing about these boats.
I understand these jets are Chrysler designed and built?? Are they junk or halfway decent? I has no type of trim, so I'm assuming that's a compromise, or is it not really an issue? Curious if we could also spin this jet faster if in the future engine is modified, or is it just easier/better to retrofit a brand name jet....haven't had the boat out yet, curious what it will do for speed...any other input would be appreciated, THANKS!!!
P.S. This boat was sitting for many years, anything obvious we should be looking at in the jet drive?? Went through water pump, carb, fuel lines, ignition already so we should be set there....

olbiezer
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
i've seen pictures of em........didnt know they even still existed! maybe someone will know about em

Jetmugg
07-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Before you get too deep into it, try to find somebody who has parts for a Chrysler jet. I have a buddy who bought a MerCruiser jet a few years ago (not one of the new sportjets, but an old-school MerCruiser jet drive). This thing was impossible to find any parts for. There might be someone out there who is "THE" Chrysler jet guru. If you can find that guy, then you are probably on your way to being the only Chrysler jet guy on this board.
SteveM.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-13-2005, 06:49 PM
On ANY board. And, Welcome by the way. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
I found this link on the Vintage Jet Boats Website:
http://www.hurrikain.com/
They quote: "We have been supplying Chrysler Marine info and parts for 5+ years on the internet, so you have found the TRUE Source for Chrysler parts"
Go in the "Inboards" button and you can get a manual. They say parts are hard to find but call & see what they can do.
Hey, if nothing else, you pull it out and put in somethign easier to deal with and STILL have a good boat. ;) It's ONLY fibreglass work. :jawdrop:

old rigger
07-13-2005, 08:19 PM
If you can get ahold of 'Mikey' on the board here, he may be able to help you out. He's been around a long time and knows his stuff. I think I remember a earlier talk about these drives with him. He runs the parts dept at eliminator (I think).