PDA

View Full Version : Looking for pics of B boat rigging.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 07:46 PM
I am trying to plan out how I am going to route my wiring and hoses. I would like to see the insides of other b boats, barron, revenge, biesmeyer, etc. Just want to try and do it clean.
Also, how many of you are running water to your gear box? mine is setup dry.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:01 PM
The problem I am running in to is I have too many damn holes. haha
Water: Along the line somewhere, someone added a water pick up off the plate, I like this idea since the plate is the last piece of the boat and usually always in the water. I want my water exit on the side, there is a hole there.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3391.jpg
There you can see the big ass bolt blocking the stock pickup. I wish it was still there since that big blue hose you see would big cut in half cause it would be a straight shot up to the water pump.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3390.jpg
There you can see the water pick up off the plate on the left. The center is just blocked and the right side is an open hole.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3389.jpg
That is the backside, you can also see a little exit up on top, that is where the bilge comes out, I would like the bilge to come out the center, so the crap that might get shot out, doesnt go onto the paint before exiting.
So what I am thinking is leaving the factory pickup blocked, even though it looks like poop. Leave the pickup on the plate. Have the water exit out the side by the driver. Route the bilge pump to shoot out the middle hole. Then that leaves the top one empty, which isnt a big deal. But, there is a big hole on the left side still, what should I do with that? If I had a blower I guess it could be the pickup for the superchiller, but that wont be for a while.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:06 PM
And now on to the wiring.
Right now the wiring runs from the gauges down behind the gas pedal and straight down the inside left stringer. Is that how most are done? I was thinking of running it tucked in behind the dash and around the side, then dropping it down on the side of the seat, then under the seat, to the stringer and down.
If anyone has pics of their wiring, that would be great.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Now the mystery holes.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3394.jpg
There are these three holes, you can see the one on the far left and the two are clear. Here they are from the inside of the boat.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3392.jpg
They seem to be plugged off, anyone know what might have went there? I was thinking maybe pick-up for the gearbox.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:09 PM
One last thing for now.
I seem to be missing a stabilizer.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3393.jpg
Shouldnt there be another one in front? any idea where to get one?
Thanks.
I am just trying to go through this boat and re-rig it as clean and neat as possible, I appreciate all the help.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:11 PM
This boat is going to be ran hard on the lakes and rivers, so I still need to rig up the water lines for the headers and all kinds of other bells and whistles, this is one boat that will not be called a trailer queen.
There is a fuel/water seperator which I am going to keep in the boat. I need to visit superdave to figure out how to rig the other tank to it. Right now there is only one tank hooked up.

GofastRacer
07-13-2005, 08:25 PM
One last thing for now.
I seem to be missing a stabilizer.
http://www.dmontzsta.com/75Biesmeyer/100_3393.jpg
Shouldnt there be another one in front? any idea where to get one?
Thanks.
I am just trying to go through this boat and re-rig it as clean and neat as possible, I appreciate all the help.
Damn am I seing things????? :confused: that looks like a POS aluminum fin???????, if you're going to put power to this thing the first time you make a turn at speed it's gone, unless this is going to be a 50mph ski boat you better get rid of that and put a steel drop thru in there!.. :jawdrop:
BTW, what do you have for a strut and rudder?????...

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Damn am I seing things????? :confused: that looks like a POS aluminum fin???????, if you're going to put power to this thing the first time you make a turn at speed it's gone, unless this is going to be a 50mph ski boat you better get rid of that and put a steel drop thru in there!.. :jawdrop:
BTW, what do you have for a strut and rudder?????...
yeah, I was wondering what the deal with this thing was. This damn boat is going to look like swiss cheese once I am done...hahaha. Oh well, once I get it all set up, then I can have a new rail kit done and the holes in the floor filled and the floor redone. :(
What kind of fin should I use?
I will go take a pic of the strut and rudder, it has a wedge rudder on it for some reason, it is pretty damn new.

GofastRacer
07-13-2005, 08:34 PM
yeah, I was wondering what the deal with this thing was. This damn boat is going to look like swiss cheese once I am done...hahaha. Oh well, once I get it all set up, then I can have a new rail kit done and the holes in the floor filled and the floor redone. :(
What kind of fin should I use?
I will go take a pic of the strut and rudder, it has a wedge rudder on it for some reason, it is pretty damn new.
You need the same one as I have on mine. No need to make it look like swiss cheese, too nice of boat to do that!..
BTW, you could haul it over here and it would be "K" boat ready when you pick it up!.. :D

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:46 PM
You need the same one as I have on mine. No need to make it look like swiss cheese, too nice of boat to do that!..
BTW, you could haul it over here and it would be "K" boat ready when you pick it up!.. :D
hehe, K boat is down the road, but it would be a FORD K boat. haha
The rail kit is already like swiss cheese. Also, the floor is looking that way now too, any idea what those holes in the front are for?
Sorry to post the shit out of this place, I am just SUPER PICKY and want things looking CLEAN!

bottom feeder
07-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Dmon,
While not a B boat more like a A luminum but here are some ideas
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1501lines.JPG

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 08:56 PM
That looks really nice, where did you get the little line holders on the sides of the stringers?

GofastRacer
07-13-2005, 08:57 PM
hehe, K boat is down the road, but it would be a FORD K boat. haha
The rail kit is already like swiss cheese. Also, the floor is looking that way now too, any idea what those holes in the front are for?
Sorry to post the shit out of this place, I am just SUPER PICKY and want things looking CLEAN!
Nothing wrong with a Ford K Boat, be different and it could work just take $$$$$$$!.. LOL..
Been looking at those holes, can't figure why they would be there!.. :confused: Looks like you got a project there!..

sawtooth
07-13-2005, 08:59 PM
The three mystery holes in the floor look to me like it had a different style foot throttle at one time. The pick up and dump line holes in the transom coulde be covered with a bezal like deal with just the holes you need showing, thats what I did with my boat made it out of a piece of alum.
1 1/4" x 8" x 3/16" thick and then anodized....the fittings hold it on so no extra holes. Just a thought good luck with the new boat.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Nothing wrong with a Ford K Boat, be different and it could work just take $$$$$$$!.. LOL..
Been looking at those holes, can't figure why they would be there!.. :confused:
I will build a strong running dual carb BBF for now, around 600-700hp. Then once I get bored with that in a few years I can set it up for a blower, just dont know if I will ever go injection and alcohol, so it may never be a true "K" but its all good. As I said, it will be a river/lake boat that will be used like a mother ****er, so I need to keep it close to pump gas cause running it all day could have me selling everything I own for gas money. :D
I wish I knew what they were for.
Are you running water to your gearbox? I am wondering if I should, since I will be running it ALOT.

dmontzsta
07-13-2005, 09:03 PM
The three mystery holes in the floor look to me like it had a different style foot throttle at one time. The pick up and dump line holes in the transom coulde be covered with a bezal like deal with just the holes you need showing, thats what I did with my boat made it out of a piece of alum.
1 1/4" x 8" x 3/16" thick and then anodized....the fittings hold it on so no extra holes. Just a thought good luck with the new boat.
That is strange why they would mount the pedal straight to the floor.
Any idea where I could buy some cover ups for the back? That is actually a good idea.

GofastRacer
07-13-2005, 09:04 PM
The three mystery holes in the floor look to me like it had a different style foot throttle at one time.
I doubt that it was a throttle deal, it's in the center and it's too close to the kickboard!??? at least that's the way it looks in the pic!.??? :confused:

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 06:43 AM
This focker is going to have a shit load of hoses in it, it is definately not like my Lavey where you can hide everything. :D
I am going to add another water pick up off the plate. It will be T'd and my headers and v-drive will get the water from it.
The return out of the v-drive will go out that center hole in between the two pickups. I will leave the bilge in the same spot as it is now, that little chrome piece on top of the transom. Then the water out, will be on the side how I want it. The only problem is there will just be hoses running up and down and all around. :)
So, any idea where to get some new stabilizer fins? :D I would like to get the ones that were made for the boat.

mouzer
07-14-2005, 06:52 PM
The 3 holes in your picture look like foot throttle to me and yes they do put them thru the floor Don, and a standard foot throt has 3 holes! :notam: maybe one of the owners was over 6 ft tall! :rolleyes:

mouzer
07-14-2005, 06:55 PM
And see how the second bolt is further away from the kickboard that shows the ped was angled! toward the drivers seat!!Damn im good! :cool:

mouzer
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Sorry SAWTOOTH!good call! :Dand you can see the other foot throt right next to it~ :jawdrop:

BGMAN203
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
The three holes in the floor are for sure from a floor mounted throttle pedal.

mouzer
07-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Mystery solved DON :rolleyes: NEXT!

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 07:11 PM
BGMAN: Havent seen you post in a while.
Thanks to all four of you, I think majority rules. Looks like I will have to live with them for now, until I redo the floor and can fill them.
...off the stressing out about how I am going to run my plumbing clean now.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-14-2005, 07:17 PM
...off the stressing out...
I think you stress all of us out sometimes...save yourself a million questions and tow that thing over to my house this weekend. We'll go visit the Nutty Nazi and you two can combine forces. :rollside:

76BARRON
07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
I think you stress all of us out sometimes...save yourself a million questions and tow that thing over to my house this weekend. We'll go visit the Nutty Nazi and you two can combine forces. :rollside:
Jerry, If Don does tow it over give me a call, Id like to take a look as well

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 07:43 PM
haha, I think you are right. :) Before I tow I need to change the wheel bearings and get some new rubber. It is definately a plan to me though. I will let you know when I am ready, still putting the Lavey together, slowly but surely. I just got a wake up from the Mrs. She said "Stop worrying about the new boat and leave it, you are not spending any money on it until the old one is gone".
So... :(
A Nazi and the Grand Wizard...there goes the neighborhood.

sawtooth
07-14-2005, 10:29 PM
If momma is not happy.....nobody is happy :frown:

Morg
07-15-2005, 05:47 AM
There's your awnser.
BTW- my link below has a few shots of all my set ups. Most of the aluminum is how it was set up at revenge . Note all the electronics tucked up under the passenger side.
Jerry will get you all set up.

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Nice set up Morg.
I notice you run your box dry, or is that just in the pics and you hooked it up later?
I need to get the steering neck you have, mine is too damn short.

Speedin' Ian
07-15-2005, 08:56 AM
This is just my opinion, but you should be fine running that box dry. My understanding is the water is there just to make it cool to the touch.

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 09:15 AM
This is just my opinion, but you should be fine running that box dry. My understanding is the water is there just to make it cool to the touch.
Ahhh gotcha, the box is not really in the way, so it might not be a problem. I just dont want to mess something up in the box by running it dry for hours at a time.

Morg
07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
Nice set up Morg.
I notice you run your box dry, or is that just in the pics and you hooked it up later?
I need to get the steering neck you have, mine is too damn short.
I am running water to the v-drive. It & the oil cooler are pressure fed.
I built the steering post, steering wheel adapter & steering wheel. I have the old post that came with the boat if you are interested. The old post with a dished steering wheel will put the wheel at the same place where mine is at now.

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 09:42 AM
I am running water to the v-drive. It & the oil cooler are pressure fed.
I built the steering post, steering wheel adapter & steering wheel. I have the old post that came with the boat if you are interested. The old post with a dished steering wheel will put the wheel at the same place where mine is at now.
I think I need a certain kind of post, I am running calgo steering. Yours if probably for a pulley setup right?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Here comes another barage... :mix:

ssmike
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:argue:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
D,
Original issue Julian B boat rigging. :D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Rigging%20Before.JPG

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks for that pic, it looks like he was bringing the gearbox water in from the log, I might do that and have it exit out the rear.

Morg
07-15-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks for that pic, it looks like he was bringing the gearbox water in from the log, I might do that and have it exit out the rear.
Mine is a pulley system
BTW- the box dumps out the shaft log. Mine feeds off my oil cooler

dossangers
07-15-2005, 10:32 AM
I really like the throttle pedal drilled thru the FLOOR!! and no drop thru fins! Who the hell BUTCHERED that boat????????????????? :supp: :supp:

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I really like the throttle pedal drilled thru the FLOOR!! and no drop thru fins! Who the hell BUTCHERED that boat????????????????? :supp: :supp:
Wayne, I would sure like to know, so I can ask "WTF". :)
Anyone know where to buy new drop thru fins? That is going to be my first line of attack.
I am going to deal with the bolts in the floor, cause CLM wants to redo my floor within a year or so anyways, we can fill it in then.

ssmike
07-15-2005, 01:28 PM
D,
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Rigging%20Before.JPG
Who's B bucket O bolts is this?? :D :confused:
JK, mr jg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I am going to deal with the bolts in the floor, cause CLM wants to redo my floor within a year or so anyways, we can fill it in then.
Just don't color this one with anything that can hide the wood. Your ability to see problems (cracks and delam) is your first defense in recognizing them.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Who's B bucket O bolts is this?? :D :confused:
JK, mr jg
Slander is a punishable offense counselor! :boxingguy :D

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Just don't color this one with anything that can hide the wood. Your ability to see problems (cracks and delam) is your first defense in recognizing them.
yeah, the reason I did it on the Lavey is after we filled all the holes in the stringer it was like swiss cheese with all the dowels and putty.
This one wont be near as bad, maybe just a clear gel coat or vaneer floorings, that is a ways away.
I am thinking of picking up the water for the box off the log and dumping it back out the log, it would be a straight shot.

FOURQ
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
i would never gell this floor its to pretty... Don i dont think we should fix the holes eather would be way to hard to hide them and keep it clean...we want the F&$#er clean like this one http://www.clmracing.com/nelsons%20boat/5.JPG ... sorry to all you guys for the jet pic my bad :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
Q

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 04:12 PM
Q, they are pretty darn small and up under the dash. I think pushing some putty in there would be ok, once the glass goes over the top.
What do you think?

kipperps28
07-15-2005, 05:26 PM
That line to the log is water OUT from the gearbox. It exits the log. Your idea of T-ing some to the headers and some to the V drive will work fine. I run a -6 line in and out of my box and it exits the log.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 05:35 PM
Don,all your repairs are minor,dont let anyone get ya down! you got a nice b-boat now! my only concern is that you change the fin! :D :D
I would say those repairs were fairly major and trying to sell a boat with a delaminated floor is not a great idea. The b-boat just needs a few things and your off and running :2purples: :cool: !

ssmike
07-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Slander is a punishable offense counselor! :boxingguy :D
Come on, you know I have nothin but love for the "big" boat. The way Lamar's been driving the Maiden, I'd be better off to buy a big B anyways....He don't wanna give her back.
I do have this 12-71 and hat sitting in the rafters of the garage though...?
:confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Come on, you know I have nothin but love for the "big" boat. The way Lamar's been driving the Maiden, I'd be better off to buy a big B anyways....He don't wanna give her back.
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Anyone know where to buy new drop thru fins? That is going to be my first line of attack.
Call Mike at Rex he has em, "Shiada96" makes em, they're all over just don't get one with chrome on it!.. ;)

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 06:36 PM
I am thinking of picking up the water for the box off the log and dumping it back out the log, it would be a straight shot.
Don, there's no water pressure at the shaftlog so can't feed from there, it's a dump. You have options on that but look at mine, I have a pickup right by the v-drive to feed it and dump into the shaftlog, no spaghetti plumbing that way!.. :D

BIGCHRIS
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
D,
Just curious,what are the measurments of these boats .Nose to tale,width and lenght of seat and engine comp and from dash to front(deck) .also how wide are they .thanx :D

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 06:47 PM
I would say those repairs were fairly major and trying to sell a boat with a delaminated floor is not a great idea. The b-boat just needs a few things and your off and running :2purples: :cool: !
Yes, you are right Jerry, the Lavey was pretty major. The job was basically cutting all the glass out of the rear, from the bulkhead back. Sanding the wood and letting dry out in the sun for 2 weeks. Then filling in all the holes with wooden dowells and puttying any ripples in the wood, lots and lots of sanding to get the stringers smooth. Then once that was done the matte was layed and then kevlar layed over it, then the black gel was sprayed on.
I hope the b boat is as simple as that, I am getting a little worried. I do not trust myself to cut the hole in the floor for drop down fins (BTW: Rex has them for $250). I need to find someone who knows what they are doing and where they need to go.

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Don, there's no water pressure at the shaftlog so can't feed from there, it's a dump. You have options on that but look at mine, I have a pickup right by the v-drive to feed it and dump into the shaftlog, no spaghetti plumbing that way!.. :D
I was talking to Jerry and now I feel like a fool. :)
The way I will run it is simple now...the lines will be pretty small that I think I can run them along the stringer under the rail kit and they will not be noticeable.
I will have two cav plate pickups, which it has now. One for the motor and one I will run to the v-drive. Then off the v-drive will be the dump in the center of the two pickups. The waterpump out will be on the side by the driver and the other out on the transom will remain the same, bilge. Problem solved. :D
Now to find someone to cut up the boat and put fins in, this is what scares me.

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I do not trust myself to cut the hole in the floor for drop down fins
It's no big deal, just plug up all the holes you have now so you can start from scratch. Then turn the boat over and find the exact center of the hull and use a chalk line to make a mark then use a skill saw and cut a slot for it(at the right distance)then turn the boat back over and drop the fin in and drill your holes, then from the bottom countersink them for flatheads and bolt it in, done deal!..

ssmike
07-15-2005, 07:04 PM
I was talking to Jerry and now I feel like a fool. :)
The way I will run it is simple now...the lines will be pretty small that I think I can run them along the stringer under the rail kit and they will not be noticeable.
I will have two cav plate pickups, which it has now. One for the motor and one I will run to the v-drive. Then off the v-drive will be the dump in the center of the two pickups. The waterpump out will be on the side by the driver and the other out on the transom will remain the same, bilge. Problem solved. :D
Now to find someone to cut up the boat and put fins in, this is what scares me.
Don: Slow down there chiefy. Breathe. Exhale. Again. Again. One more time. OK.
Feel better? :D

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 07:06 PM
It's no big deal, just plug up all the holes you have now so you can start from scratch. Then turn the boat over and find the exact center of the hull and use a chalk line to make a mark then use a skill saw and cut a slot for it(at the right distance)then turn the boat back over and drop the fin in and drill your holes, then from the bottom countersink them for flatheads and bolt it in, done deal!..
I might have to leave that to the professionals. Or, get the measurements off a few other b's and use those, I just want to get it in the right spot.

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
:D I will feel better once all my rigging is how I want it and I feel good about it. :D
:lightsabe

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 07:07 PM
:D :D :D
How's everything going there Mike!.. :smile:

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 07:12 PM
I might have to leave that to the professionals. Or, get the measurements off a few other b's and use those, I just want to get it in the right spot.
If you want to do it yourself, I'll measure mine and let ya know!..

dmontzsta
07-15-2005, 07:16 PM
If you want to do it yourself, I'll measure mine and let ya know!..
When you get a chance that would be great. :cool:

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 07:21 PM
When you get a chance that would be great. :cool:
If I get a chance I'll do it tomorrow!...

ssmike
07-15-2005, 08:03 PM
:D :D :D
How's everything going there Mike!.. :smile:
Art:
I'm great, have a new boat. Has some special Julian rigging (not found anywhere else in B boat city :D )
Working too much, but this hobby ain't free. How are ya?

GofastRacer
07-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Art:
I'm great, have a new boat. Has some special Julian rigging (not found anywhere else in B boat city :D )
Working too much, but this hobby ain't free. How are ya?
Yeah I saw what you got congrats man :cool: :cool: everything's cool here been busy working on the Nordic, want to get it done for vacation by the end of summer!.. :cool:

wsuwrhr
07-16-2005, 01:42 PM
Yea?
Brian

Wildchild80
07-16-2005, 06:44 PM
:D I will feel better once all my rigging is how I want it and I feel good about it. :D
:lightsabe
Fill all the holes in the stringers, repair all of the "white glass" areas you can usually get the boat back to new condition with a little patience and a lot of sanding. As far as all the hardware you can get it from either Bergeron or Rex.Show up at San Diego in September there will be About 20 or so circle style K-Boats and Super Stocks to look at and get some ideas.
hope this helps you out
Dave

dmontzsta
07-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Fill all the holes in the stringers, repair all of the "white glass" areas you can usually get the boat back to new condition with a little patience and a lot of sanding. As far as all the hardware you can get it from either Bergeron or Rex.Show up at San Diego in September there will be About 20 or so circle style K-Boats and Super Stocks to look at and get some ideas.
hope this helps you out
Dave
Thanks Dave,
What is the "white glass" caused from?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Thanks Dave,
What is the "white glass" caused from?
He's referring to Delamination Don. :hammer2: :D

dmontzsta
07-17-2005, 06:17 AM
He's referring to Delamination Don. :hammer2: :D
Gotcha. I have crawled across the entire floor and pressed it all over, it seems to be SOLID. That was my main goal cause just dealing with that in the Lavey, I did not want to deal with that again.