PDA

View Full Version : CBB I know it's full and all but

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 08:39 AM
I just went ot the site to register and it says there are tooooooo many people and that they are not accepting anymore RSVP's.
Newbie Mike and my self are planning on attending with his "new" 1982 Condor. Any ideas on where to stay? How far is Davis Camp from AVI?
Where would be the best place to launch? (We only have 22 gallons of fuel on board)
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

Squirtcha?
07-14-2005, 10:02 AM
The first year the CBBB was held, I missed out on making my reservations in time and stayed at a motel in Bullhead City. It was $50 a night or so and I had no problems in the parking lot with the boat. They were able to give me a room that overlooked so I could keep an eye on it.
There's a public ramp in Bullhead you could use, and unless you get really really bad mileage/hourage your gas should get you there and back easily (with some running around in between).
Now I start looking for the signup sheet as soon as the CBBB for that year is over. I'll never miss making the reservaton again! It's really nice staying at the AVI. Lots for kids (big n small) to do, your boat's right there etc, restaurants, movie theater, kids play area. The only way ta fly.
Someone else might be able to assist with other alternatives besides what I did.

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I just reserved the last 2 bed Smoking room for the 13th. They had one King room with River View left at 11:10 am Az Time.
So Newbie Mike and I will be attending allthough not registered.
I did not ask when I made the reservation, but is there a ramp at the AVI for guests?

hack job
07-14-2005, 10:16 AM
did you call the avi? :idea:
also some one told me you could book a room at the avi through orbitz.com
just a thought .
or you have all your hotels up in laughlin as well. iam sure there will be some rooms that open up in the next week or two. ;)

hack job
07-14-2005, 10:17 AM
I just reserved the last 2 bed Smoking room for the 13th. They had one King room with River View left at 11:10 am Az Time.
So Newbie Mike and I will be attending allthough not registered.
I did not ask when I made the reservation, but is there a ramp at the AVI for guests?
yes it is .

dmontzsta
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
This is an awesome event, the thing to do is register right when they throw up the threads that say "CBBB REGISTRATION". Or else you miss out on how great the AVI truely is.

disco_charger
07-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I think the confusion is the difference between the hotel and the CBBB. I made hotel reservations Sat. The CBBB Website says that the CBBB is no longer taking RSVP's. :idea:

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 10:45 AM
I think the confusion is the difference between the hotel and the CBBB. I made hotel reservations Sat. The CBBB Website says that the CBBB is no longer taking RSVP's. :idea:
But we can still be there and meet all the cool peeps, see all the cool boats and launch and boat with the peeps that we don't get a chance to meet and greet that often. :)

Squirtin Thunder
07-14-2005, 11:07 AM
But we can still be there and meet all the cool peeps, see all the cool boats and launch and boat with the peeps that we don't get a chance to meet and greet that often. :)
Hell yes Steelcomp and I crashed the daily party it was cool !!!

Danhercules
07-14-2005, 01:42 PM
You might be able to get a room. But i dont think you will be a "part of" the CBBB. They close registration for many reasons. (I think) They blocked off a number of rooms at a discounted rate. They might be sold out of those. T-shits, gift bags, ect. there are a lot of things to do. Its impossible with people trying to get in last min. Just cause you got a room at the Avi, there might not be enough stuff to go around. Voting slips, gift bags, Shirts, ect. Now you can still join us of course, but dont get bummed if you get left out on some items. That is why they thow up the info 6 months ahead of time.

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 02:05 PM
..... there might not be enough stuff to go around. Voting slips, gift bags, Shirts, ect. Now you can still join us of course, but dont get bummed if you get left out on some items. That is why they thow up the info 6 months ahead of time.
It was a last minute decision to even go. So If there is not enough to go around... That's cool :cool:
We had talked about it in January and none of the peeps in my party (including me) had the gumption to check into it at the last minute.
Like I said earlier... It's all about the chance to put a face and a handshake to some of the people that have helped by sharing their vast knowledge on so many subjects. :coffeycup

Danhercules
07-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Cool. :coffeycup Hope to see you out there.

jackpunx
07-14-2005, 02:26 PM
It was a last minute decision to even go. So If there is not enough to go around... That's cool :cool:
We had talked about it in January and none of the peeps in my party (including me) had the gumption to check into it at the last minute.
Like I said earlier... It's all about the chance to put a face and a handshake to some of the people that have helped by sharing their vast knowledge on so many subjects. :coffeycup
dont even trip.. just show up.. last year we came up from havi in a few big boats.. shook some hands ,saw some old friends, made lots of noise and left..
Might do the same thing this year..
have fun :D

GUGS102
07-14-2005, 02:37 PM
This will be our first CBBB - we have four boats attending, are registered and have rooms at the Avi. My question is - what is the plan on getting gas, launching morning and in the evening etc.
Should I tell my guys to grab the fuel cells for the motorcycles and bring them along? We are planning on staying till Monday afternoon.
Just how nutz is it? Assuming there are tons of boats, how big is their ramp, are there other places to launch nearby that may not be as crazy. I'm already behind the 8 ball being my first time, so be gentle. Just trying not to be "That Guy" - I do that enough already. :)
Any help or direction would be appreciated. :cool:

Danhercules
07-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Fuel, no worries. Its there. On the water and in the parking lot. You can also drive across the bridge and fill up cheeper. Its a few miles. Less than 5 I think.
Ramp, 2 or 3 wide. Its not like there is a 20 min wait. Its been quick all the time for me. We all help each other. I helped a few peeps over the years. The lake lice screw it up a bit, but we got your back! :D

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
The lake lice screw it up a bit, but we got your back! :D
Is there extra points for roosting the lake lice?

Danhercules
07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Is there extra points for roosting the lake lice?
NO!! That is wrong. Its illeagal, immoral, and mean.
I will give you a high five though! :D :D

Keithb87
07-14-2005, 02:54 PM
NO!! That is wrong. Its illeagal, immoral, and mean.
I will give you a high five though! :D :D
I like to call it the "ANTI LAKE LICE DEVICE"
Allthough I would never try to do it on purpose :D

Squirtin Thunder
07-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Roostwear has a fresh supply of these:
http://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpghttp://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpghttp://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpghttp://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpghttp://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpghttp://www.roostwear.com/raid2.jpg
I believe they are available in six packs.