PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous ??????????

junkyardhunter
07-14-2005, 06:24 PM
just wanted to know how & where you guys mount your NOS bottles,I just cant find a good spot. I really dont want to screw it into my hull

Jetmugg
07-14-2005, 06:32 PM
I'll have to get a pic of the mount I got with my Gullwing. It has a billet aluminum "stringer mount" bracket that is pretty slick. I believe that Wsuwrhr (on the ***boat board) made the mount.
SteveM.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Outboard of my R/H stringer, right next to the R/H Exhaust log. That's where I keep my 10# of happy-gas. :)

mouzer
07-14-2005, 07:03 PM
On my southwind dragster it was behind my seat mounted to my stringer! :rolleyes:

junkyardhunter
07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
heres the problem I dont have full stringers and my thru trans exhaust covers the rear section of the stringers I can put it next to the R/H stringer but it would have to be bolted the the bottom of the boat not the stringer.

MikeF
07-14-2005, 08:25 PM
IT IS STILL ONLY A PHOTOCHOPPED PHOTO.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/153headshot41_copy-med.jpg

nascar97
07-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Im having the same problem where to put the bottle's thinking about 1 20# bottle cause you can stand a 20# bottle straight up.
:boxed:

wsuwrhr
07-14-2005, 08:52 PM
just wanted to know how & where you guys mount your NOS bottles,I just cant find a good spot. I really dont want to screw it into my hull
Dammit if ***boat's picture gallery is jacked up.
I have some pictures on my SB Products website if you want to see a nitrous bracket setup.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Im having the same problem where to put the bottle's thinking about 1 20# bottle cause you can stand a 20# bottle straight up.
:boxed:
Got one for a 20# too.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-14-2005, 09:17 PM
I'll have to get a pic of the mount I got with my Gullwing. It has a billet aluminum "stringer mount" bracket that is pretty slick. I believe that Wsuwrhr (on the ***boat board) made the mount.
SteveM.
Thanks,
Brian

SmokinLowriderSS
07-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Fortunately, my plate bracket goes on the stringer and my logs are JUST inbd of the otbd edge of the stringers on my Taylor. An ofset mount adapter could be pretty easily fabbed to reach a stringer while allowing the bottle to miss the logs.

junkyardhunter
07-15-2005, 06:37 PM
that offset bracket sounds like the way to go.thanks for all your help

squirt
07-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I know this is a jacked up pic but it does show location. I've mounted it between the front seats, the valve is really handy and to my surprise it's really not in the way very often.
http://www.banderlog.com/playthings/009.jpg
Don

canuck1
07-15-2005, 09:41 PM
If you had a real boat you could weld it to the floor :cool:

quiet riot
07-16-2005, 01:45 AM
If you had a real boat you could weld it to the floor :cool:
Aint that the truth, that be how I did it. Still thinking of mounting it upside down and removing the siphon tube to get all the juice out but haven't got that far.
jd

SmokinLowriderSS
07-16-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure I would reccomend that quietriot. The tanks have an overpressure relief and, if you mounted it as such, and it got too hot or overpressured for some other reason, you'd suddenly have a 10-pound cloud ($50 worth) of nitrous all over. It'll cryogenically freeze anything it sprays on (includign people) and I would not reccomend breathing industrial nitrous due to the impurities in it.
In the normal position, if the valve vents, it vents gas and then closes. it would vent almost all the liquid before reducing the tank pressure enough to try closing while likely being frozen by the fluid.

quiet riot
07-16-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure I would reccomend that quietriot. The tanks have an overpressure relief and, if you mounted it as such, and it got too hot or overpressured for some other reason, you'd suddenly have a 10-pound cloud ($50 worth) of nitrous all over. It'll cryogenically freeze anything it sprays on (includign people) and I would not reccomend breathing industrial nitrous due to the impurities in it.
In the normal position, if the valve vents, it vents gas and then closes. it would vent almost all the liquid before reducing the tank pressure enough to try closing while likely being frozen by the fluid.
Its actually a recommended mounting procedure from the manufacturer, and I've seen several racers do it that way so you're not leaving the last pound or 2 in the bottle or sucking gas when it gets low. You use it and know exactly when all liquid is gone without a slow performance drop off with the last pound or two.
I don't mount mine in the passenger or engine compartment, its in a side storage compartment that will vent to outside. And the pressure relief valve on a n2o bottle (at least mine) is a burst disc and it will let every last little bit go if it gets overpressurized whether its upside down or not. It just goes faster by venting the liquid first if upside down.
jd

TRG
07-17-2005, 10:02 AM
have not had the time to install my bottle yet but here is where i will ultimately put it!
Todd
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/662todds_motor_002.jpg

djdtpr
07-17-2005, 10:33 AM
have not had the time to install my bottle yet but here is where i will ultimately put it!
Todd
Oh come on now eveyone knows you arent going to really use that stuff you just bought it to be cool. :D Besides if you did that your daddy would get mad at ya. ;)

TRG
07-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Oh come on now eveyone knows you arent going to really use that stuff you just bought it to be cool. :D Besides if you did that your daddy would get mad at ya. ;)
i need the shit to stay with all you guys with the pee-pee blowers!
but i will not use it when im sawin' off you know who!

djdtpr
07-17-2005, 11:59 AM
but i will not use it when im sawin' off you know who!
Hmmm im thinking but im not sure who.Would you care to elaborate on who you are talking about?Oh well maybe HB Randy will get some silly gas and you both can run it.Maybe even at the same time in a heads up race and loser buys the first round of the .99 cent coronas.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Well ya learn somethin' new every day. Thx for the info quiet. I was unaware of manuf. recomendations for mounting positions. :messedup:

TRG
07-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Hmmm im thinking but im not sure who.Would you care to elaborate on who you are talking about?Oh well maybe HB Randy will get some silly gas and you both can run it.Maybe even at the same time in a heads up race and loser buys the first round of the .99 cent coronas.
i wont drink that shit!...but i will spill some on a buddys boat you know,...for shitz and giggles! lol

Bottle Fed
07-17-2005, 10:42 PM
I mounted my 10 lb bottle in my old gullwing under and between the two front bucket seats. The seats had mounts running across between the seats and I used a racket tie down to hold into place. Not the cleanest way but very practical and hidden out of the sun to keep it cooler. Plus its in arm reach to quikly turn on for that race that may come up unexpectly. I also had a blow off tube and hose that went under the motor to the back of the boat just in case of too much pressure. I had my brendella pickle fork set up the same way too. It works really well.

wsuwrhr
07-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Todd
What a shame,
I got all excited to think I was FINALLY going to see a picture.
:messedup: :messedup:
Brian

Rampager
07-22-2005, 07:27 PM
"If you had a real boat you could weld it to the floor "
A year ago I wouldn't have known the signifigance of this statement but I'm SO with ya on it now, mmmmmmmmmmm aluminum :D
You don't know how easy rigging can be till......
Cheers