PDA

View Full Version : Pather Impeller What Size Does It Cross Over To On Berk Chart

ANY&ALL
07-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Trying To Help A Friend And Get An Idea About His Horsepower Band To The Impeller Size But No Nothing About Pather Sine I Own A Berk Thanks Any Info Would Be Great

Squirtin Thunder
07-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Does your phone work ???
Then Call me Chad !!!

Cas
07-14-2005, 11:23 PM
it's similar to a Berk B

jimthetoolman
07-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey CAS .. He is talking about my me. Any & All doesn't believe me about not having much for performance stuff.

Squirtin Thunder
07-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Hey CAS .. He is talking about my me. Any & All doesn't believe me about not having much for performance stuff.
No, there is not much in the way of performance stuff for the panther, but if you set your rideplate at 2* up, tighten up the clearance, impeller to wear ring, and you get a copy of CAS's performance part, you should run in the mid to upper 70's. There is a guy on www.Banderlog.com called DougS, he has the sweetest running panther I have ever seen. He may be able to guide you in your quest.
BTW - I am in constant contact with Chad/any&all.

ANY&ALL
07-15-2005, 01:04 PM
hey cas it's not that i dont believe jim but i know his motor is spinning the crap out of that impeller and we really dont have an hp idea but with it being roughly a b i can cross refence a b impeller to 5900rpm and get a lake hp idea and maybe know if we can do anything to the impeller what changes should we make and how much if poss. now just need to see if jim can find some one to work an impeller to a rough berk a or a2 and he will be in buisness

jimthetoolman
07-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Cas's Performance parts? Is he holding out on me or what?

flat broke
07-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Check out this thread more panther info (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84970)
The only way someone is going to grow that impeller to an A is to cup the blades, or lengthen them. SS welding and lots of finishing work. The contact information towards the tail end of that thread should get you pointed in the right direction.
Chris

Cas
07-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Jim,
I'm still doing some testing....maybe your boat would be a good guinnea p...I mean, test boat.
A&A,
I've heard of a couple of people doing what Chris mentioned, cupping the impeller blades. I know one of the guys didn't have very good results but it did lower the rpms but I was told he put too much in.
Have either of you checked all the installation angles yet? From what I remember, Jim's boat was throwing a huge roost without any kind of a diverter.

jimthetoolman
07-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Cas: I don't have the 427 in my boat anymore. I have a 502 in it now. And yes it throws a big ass rooster tail. The alignment is right I think?. Its top of the jet is up to the top of the boat cavity. Do you think I should shim it down? I will be a guinnea pig just let me know. I have extra parts. Did you get my e-mail I sent you a couple of weeks ago?

Cas
07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Jim,
The issue with some Panthers is whether or not the boat builder used the matched insert with the pump and then if they installed it at 0ยบ. I've seen a couple of boats where the insert was a degree or so left and another that was a couple of degrees up. I'm kinda thinking yours is installed with a little up angle.
This little part I have needs to be modified a little but I don't have access to an aluminum welder....do you have one?

jimthetoolman
07-15-2005, 07:10 PM
Yes I have access to one.. Let me know and I will buy some argone and wire.

jimthetoolman
07-17-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey any & all are you going sunday to hogan?