PDA

View Full Version : wiring question???

likeFATHERlikeSON3
07-14-2005, 11:41 PM
i am planning on wiring up my new remote mount bilge pump to a auto switch. here is the instrucions:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/230File0078.jpg
now from this diagram, i was going to do the following...
go from the red wire of the auto float to the fuse panel in the front, other side of the fuse panel to one side of my push-pull switches. out the other side of the push-pull switch, add in the tan wire, and then to the + wire on the pump.
connect the - wire on the pump to the black wire on the auto float and to ground
will this work?

bordsmnj
07-14-2005, 11:50 PM
are you adding an additional switch?

NELSON#109
07-15-2005, 12:35 AM
that is the proper way to wire it. the ground (-) from the batery suplys the ground for both. you dont actually have to get the ground from the battery. just get it from somthing grounded to the battery, like the engine or a grounding block. if you mount the manual over ride switch (if one is suplyed) someplace accesable, you wont need a back up manual. the manual switch they show is ok for storage, but if the auto switch works properly, thats a waste of time. if you want a switch on the dash, just run 12 volt + through a single push/pull switch and run it to the + side of the pump. the wiring instructions are good. some people like a manual shut off in case it gets stuck on, but i think thats stupid..... geting stuck on is better than not working at all ( the reason they recomend a manual on/off switch) if thats what you want, use switched power for the auto switch so the key will kill it when you turn it off, or just go to the auto switch and get what ever is sticking it on, off or out of it.