PDA

View Full Version : Ipod

Eliminator 4 Life
07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I was just wondering do they make an IPOD that has satelite radio controls? Also I was wondering if they make an IPOD that plugs into some speakers so it is portable but I dont want a ear peice Im looking for something to throw in my work truck and I get tired of hearing the commerical on the radio any help would be great thanks :D

phebus
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
As far as the portable issue, I bought my daughter a cradle that has speakers on either side, and it can be plugged in or work off batteries. It is made by Altec Lansing I believe, and it sounds pretty good.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks Ill go check them out.. Hows the back doing??? Rob

mbrown2
07-15-2005, 12:39 PM
I was just wondering do they make an IPOD that has satelite radio controls? Also I was wondering if they make an IPOD that plugs into some speakers so it is portable but I dont want a ear peice Im looking for something to throw in my work truck and I get tired of hearing the commerical on the radio any help would be great thanks :D
No; there is no Ipod with Satellite Radio or a Satellite Radio adapter for IPOD yet. There a FM Radio Transmitter and Receiver now a available; search the web for "BTI The iPod Tunestir FM Radio Receiver/Transmitter/Remote"...This is like other IPOD FM transmitters however also picks up stations and plays through the IPOD. For portability, there are a number of plug/play external portable speaker solutions... check ipodlounge.com in the accessories/review section. For FM Satellite, there are a number of portable FM Transmitter type solutions out there that are portable in nature and will play throught the vehicles existing system...just none for the IPOD at this point.

Eliminator 4 Life
07-15-2005, 12:47 PM
No; there is no Ipod with Satellite Radio or a Satellite Radio adapter for IPOD yet. There a FM Radio Transmitter and Receiver now a available; search the web for "BTI The iPod Tunestir FM Radio Receiver/Transmitter/Remote"...This is like other IPOD FM transmitters however also picks up stations and plays through the IPOD. For portability, there are a number of plug/play external portable speaker solutions... check ipodlounge.com in the accessories/review section. For FM Satellite, there are a number of portable FM Transmitter type solutions out there that are portable in nature and will play throught the vehicles existing system...just none for the IPOD at this point.
Mbrown I want something small and compact that has a lot of sound that I can hear over the diesel emgine in the UPS truck any suggestions thanks. Rob

mbrown2
07-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Mbrown I want something small and compact that has a lot of sound that I can hear over the diesel emgine in the UPS truck any suggestions thanks. Rob
Most of these portable ipod systems are only like 10-15 watt systems. My buddy has one, and in a hotel room they are great; add about 8 people partying in the hotel room, and they get drowned out....I am concerned they might not be loud enough over your diesel...however, you might go down to Circuit City or Goodguys and test a couple of them out....If there is any kind of radio in the truck, go with the portable FM transmitter with IPOD or FM Transmitter with Satellite and play it through the truck radio.

Riverkid
07-19-2005, 01:17 PM
I believe that Bose now has an Ipod boombox style product...

mbrown2
07-19-2005, 01:59 PM
I believe that Bose now has an Ipod boombox style product...
They do, but it is big and bulky and unlike other mini portable products where they are easy to take with you.....probably sounds good though