PDA

View Full Version : Auto Trader Scam??????????or Not?????????

duffster
07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I received this email this morning from someone responding to a online add in the Auto Trader. Tell me this dose not smell like money scam check out the Yahoo email address.
From: Mario Degalio [mailto:stallionwheels_link@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:04 AM
Subject: INFORMATION REQUIRED
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your response,after discussing with our client who really commended your vehicle from autotrader updates/your response from enquiry has instructed to move on with the deal at the price of $14,700,he said he will be going on a vacation soon and will rest virtually all the transaction on my shoulder and assign a shipper like wise that i will work with and stressed that he will be issuing out a cashier check of ($21,000) which was a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him but will be filed in your name,you are only required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ($14,700) and send the differece ($6,300) when payment gets to you to a shipping agent whoose information will be given to you as at when due, he will be needing the fund to offset shipping charges, taxes and other cosmetic repairs/touches,the agent will be responsible for signing and transfering of title paper and also pick-up.
So you are required to send me your NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER for payment to be delivered to you through courier services .All other information
needed in completion of this transaction will be given to you in due time.
Mario Degalio

NOTALENT
07-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I received this email this morning from someone responding to a online add in the Auto Trader. Tell me this dose not smell like money scam check out the Yahoo email address.
From: Mario Degalio [mailto:stallionwheels_link@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:04 AM
Subject: INFORMATION REQUIRED
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your response,after discussing with our client who really commended your vehicle from autotrader updates/your response from enquiry has instructed to move on with the deal at the price of $14,700,he said he will be going on a vacation soon and will rest virtually all the transaction on my shoulder and assign a shipper like wise that i will work with and stressed that he will be issuing out a cashier check of ($21,000) which was a refund payment of a cancelled order earlier made by him but will be filed in your name,you are only required to deduct the cost of your vehicle ($14,700) and send the differece ($6,300) when payment gets to you to a shipping agent whoose information will be given to you as at when due, he will be needing the fund to offset shipping charges, taxes and other cosmetic repairs/touches,the agent will be responsible for signing and transfering of title paper and also pick-up.
So you are required to send me your NAME,ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER for payment to be delivered to you through courier services .All other information
needed in completion of this transaction will be given to you in due time.
Mario Degalio
thats one old scam!!! stay away!! :lightsabe

Keithb87
07-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Sounds legit.. NOT
After your bank comes back for the 21k I have Bridge in New York that I might be willing to sell you.

pixilatedpussy
07-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! :eat:

Havasu Hangin'
07-15-2005, 09:31 AM
I get those things daily...just from selling a set of rims and tires.

phuggit
07-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Channel 11 news had a piece on this scam earlier in the week. Stay away!!!

INSman
07-15-2005, 09:40 AM
The money orders or cashiers checks are ALL bogus and this scam is hurting legitimate sellers of merchandise that is advertised by Pennysaver, Auto traders and such. Run out of Nigeria I think and a buddy of mine (actually wife) stupidly lost some money on this SCAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krumbsnatcher
07-15-2005, 09:43 AM
You get a cashiers check the bank accepts it you think it is all good now two weeks later the check is determined to be fraudulent, your out the vehicle and the cash.

BROADMINDED
07-15-2005, 09:50 AM
I Saw The Same Thing On The News As Phuggit Did. Stay Clear From That Guy.

Water Romper
07-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Calls the fed’s, set up a sting and see if they will bust these jerks ass…. :hammerhea

duffster
07-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I thought it looked to funky from the start. If a cashiers check can be bad what is the best way besides cash to close a deal??
Thank you everyone for the response.

Steamin' Rice
07-15-2005, 10:13 AM
That sounds like a good deal for you. Is it a full price offer and they guy hasn't even looked at your "vehicle" in person? It's nice to have someone who is trusting enough to pay $15k for something that they haven't even seen.
I was lucky enough to find a family from Nigeria who has a 138,000,000 settlement locked up. They offered me the sum of 14,000,000 to act as a courier for them. All I need to do is provide my bank account information and they will wire the funds directly to me. :crossx:

abraman1326
07-15-2005, 10:13 AM
When you post on Craigs list, the actually warn you about this scam. Steer clear, or I can give you someone to contact about it to try and bust them in the act...
BRA

callbob4homes
07-15-2005, 10:48 AM
That sounds like a good deal for you. Is it a full price offer and they guy hasn't even looked at your "vehicle" in person? It's nice to have someone who is trusting enough to pay $15k for something that they haven't even seen.
I was lucky enough to find a family from Nigeria who has a 138,000,000 settlement locked up. They offered me the sum of 14,000,000 to act as a courier for them. All I need to do is provide my bank account information and they will wire the funds directly to me. :crossx:
HEY! hands off that one, I already got the deposit slip made out! :rolleyes:

desertbird
07-15-2005, 01:43 PM
I got a bunch of crap like that while trying to sell on the ***boat classifieds too!!!
BTW: I got a great ocean-front lot in AZ for sale........

ROZ
07-15-2005, 03:01 PM
BTW: I got a great ocean-front lot in AZ for sale........
How much?

Daytona19
07-15-2005, 03:11 PM
scam!!!!!!!!!!

cola
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
My son lost 2k on a e-bay deal. The guy had lots of feedback & seemed legit. The NYPD think they are close to arests on the case. I think they are chaseing there tails. Always one step behind. I sure would like to see him get his money back. :mad: Wasn't the same deal. This was a straight sale on a set of wheels for his Denali.
Late, Mike

Rubths
07-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Same scam they tried on me when I was selling my Miller only it pissed me off enough to play the game and have them send me a cashiers check. I took the check to the bank and they forwarded it to local authorities.
Unless you want to amuse yourself and play with the fu ckers its not worth responding to.
James

jdogginla
07-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I thought it looked to funky from the start. If a cashiers check can be bad what is the best way besides cash to close a deal??
Thank you everyone for the response.
Meet them at THEIR bank.......and have the the check issued while u are there with them.

Water Romper
07-15-2005, 03:57 PM
One more thing…they may say they want to give you cash and they will deposit it into your checking/saving account..THIS IS B/S ! :mad:
**DO NOT GIVE THEM (or anyone) YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBERS!!!