PDA

View Full Version : How Do you make

MAINEVENT
07-15-2005, 03:05 PM
your Steaks??? Grill? Oven? Do you Dry rub?? or marinade??? and with what????
I am feeling hungry :eat:

barbigrl
07-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Apparently

ROZ
07-15-2005, 03:09 PM
After adding a few spices, my neighbor gets the grill to abour 800 degrees and sears each side of the steak for about 2 minutes... That's it :supp:

Deano
07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
best ive made is....get some emerils steak rub.
rub the steak with veg. oil
rub the emerils on
wrap in seran wrap and put in fidge for a couple hours
then bbq
shits good.......

MAINEVENT
07-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Apparently
:hammerhea :hammerhea

barbigrl
07-15-2005, 03:12 PM
:hammerhea :hammerhea
Don't be :hammerhea :hammerhea me mister!!! :eat:

MAINEVENT
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Don't be :hammerhea :hammerhea me mister!!! :eat:
You need to get your Arse over here and cook me a steak with pataoe and salad please :D :boxingguy :lightsabe ;)

barbigrl
07-15-2005, 03:35 PM
You need to get your Arse over here and cook me a steak with pataoe and salad please :D :boxingguy :lightsabe ;)
HAHAHAA>....that is the funniest thing you have ever said!!! :eat: :hammer2:

barbigrl
07-15-2005, 03:36 PM
By the way...your signature is just wrong!! lol..... :rollside:

Water Romper
07-15-2005, 03:37 PM
For something a little different…plan the day before…
Buy Rib Eye’s (nice and thick) Put 2 ea. In a zip lock baggie, pour in Kikomans Teriyaki sauce, add minced garlic, shake to distribute the garlic. Set on plate and put in fridge, flip every 4 hours , give the bag a shake when you flip, make sure the steaks are NOT stacked on each other, they need to be side by side for proper marinating.
Cook over charcoal briquettes,.(cooking duration is a personal thing, medium rare seems to be the “How would you like it” answer….
Serve with long grain wild rice with mushrooms (the real stuff, takes about an hour to make) add a tablespoon of Sesame oil to the water while cooking the rice and ‘shrooms adds a great flavor.
Sauté asparagus and Chinese snow peas in Sesame oil until crisp yet done. Sprinkle Sesame seeds when done. (tip, cover with lid or foil while cooking to prevent spatting and also helps with the cooking) usually takes about 10 minutes pending amount of portion.
While your at it…BBQ corn, wrapped in foil (butter, salt, pepper) throw on about 5-10 minutes before you start BBQ the steaks.
Drink super-cold Kirin light beer (even if you’re a Silver Bullet Lover) this Japanese beer is super light and tastes great.
One more thing, DO NOT USE the marinade as a dip or sauce! Throw it away and the bag after you remove steaks to be grilled. :smile:

SummitKarl
07-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Tri tip' strips
tenderize with fork
sprinkle with
lawry's seasoned salt
Mrs. Dash "Table blend"
rub it in
squeeze a little lemon on top
then put it on the BBQ, High temp cook till MED rare
flipping is the key, at least twice on each side
your gona love it

Chubby4Life
07-15-2005, 04:19 PM
For something a little different…plan the day before…
Buy Rib Eye’s (nice and thick) Put 2 ea. In a zip lock baggie, pour in Kikomans Teriyaki sauce, add minced garlic, shake to distribute the garlic. Set on plate and put in fridge, flip every 4 hours , give the bag a shake when you flip, make sure the steaks are NOT stacked on each other, they need to be side by side for proper marinating.
Cook over charcoal briquettes,.(cooking duration is a personal thing, medium rare seems to be the “How would you like it” answer….
Serve with long grain wild rice with mushrooms (the real stuff, takes about an hour to make) add a tablespoon of Sesame oil to the water while cooking the rice and ‘shrooms adds a great flavor.
Sauté asparagus and Chinese snow peas in Sesame oil until crisp yet done. Sprinkle Sesame seeds when done. (tip, cover with lid or foil while cooking to prevent spatting and also helps with the cooking) usually takes about 10 minutes pending amount of portion.
While your at it…BBQ corn, wrapped in foil (butter, salt, pepper) throw on about 5-10 minutes before you start BBQ the steaks.
Drink super-cold Kirin light beer (even if you’re a Silver Bullet Lover) this Japanese beer is super light and tastes great.
One more thing, DO NOT USE the marinade as a dip or sauce! Throw it away and the bag after you remove steaks to be grilled. :smile:
Damn!! I guess you didn't get that from the "A Man, A Can and A Plan" books. Sound tasty though. :D

SmokinLowriderSS
07-15-2005, 04:40 PM
A good T-boner deserves to be treated properly. A dash of salt, a bit of fresh cracked pepper, and a hot fire under the grill. About 4 minuites TOTAL and a 1-pound slab of heaven is yours. :eat:

Brewzed
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
New Yorks grilled with Stubbs.
If you haven't tried Stubbs marinade, you have too.
They have it for beef, chicken & pork. Good Shiot

CrazyHippy
07-15-2005, 04:49 PM
The best by far is a tri-tip marinated in teryaki and captain morgan (50-50) w/ a dash of lemon juice. Marinate for 3-4hours. COVER w/ Lawrys seasoning salt before you throw it on a med-hot grill. Sear both sides then lower the heat. Cook to done-ness, wait 5 min and carve :p
Damn, i'm hungry now
BJH

GrapeApe
07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Water Romper]For something a little different…plan the day before…
Water Romper.. I do it the same way, but Add Lemon Pepper... Sometimes I will Let them Sit in the Fridge for 24-48 Hours.. They Just Melt in your Mouth... Umm I think I am just a little hungry now.. Whos Cooking..? :D
*** Grape Ape ***

Relaxalot
07-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Go out on the river this Saturday morning and return to the house at 4:00 p.m.... Walk outside and throw the steaks on the sidewalk for 4 mins a side. If you like well done throw it down on the black asphalt. Yum yum riversteaks!

wildbillg
07-15-2005, 05:34 PM
steak on the plate
mesquete sause
whistershire sause
lawerys salt
garlic powder
onion powder
Marinate for 1/2 -1 hour
on the grill and devour!!!!!

ECeptor
07-15-2005, 06:33 PM
A home-grown (from my folk's farm) ribeye with Montreal Steak Seasoning is damn tough to beat.

Wonderboy
07-15-2005, 06:41 PM
Heinz 57 sauce, worcestershire sauce and pepper. Marinate for at least one day in ziploc baggie. Seare both sides on high heat then cook on med - low heat on the grill with the lid closed. Afterwards let it rest, covered, for about 3-5 minutes.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-15-2005, 07:51 PM
your Steaks??? Grill? Oven? Do you Dry rub?? or marinade??? and with what????
Put down the bong dude!!!

alfonzo
07-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Luckys in Santa Barbara..thats how we do'it!

Boozer
07-15-2005, 08:48 PM
I have to second the stubb's recommendation. That sauce is the shit hands down. The Bar B Q sauce is also bitchen for ribs.

C-2
07-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Use a good cut of meat (spencer, porterhouse)
Use any of the above recipes, they all sound good.
Here's the important part - HOT ASS GRILL. Not fire burning your meat in a minute, but a controlled fire for a nice sear. usually only 6-10 minutes. If your steak isn't done in that time - then your grill is not hot enough and you just turned your steak into a roast.
And for god's sake, don't whack the meat - nothing like beating out all the flavor you paid big jacks for.

a catered life
07-16-2005, 06:01 AM
Use a good cut of meat (spencer, porterhouse)
Use any of the above recipes, they all sound good.
Here's the important part - HOT ASS GRILL. Not fire burning your meat in a minute, but a controlled fire for a nice sear. usually only 6-10 minutes. If your steak isn't done in that time - then your grill is not hot enough and you just turned your steak into a roast.
And for god's sake, don't whack the meat - nothing like beating out all the flavor you paid big jacks for.
great point there but for the grill something with a lil fat is great the ribeye and tri-tip are among the best but dont poke your meat :2purples: this allows the inner to cook to fast and also allows your juices to escape
as for a great recipe try this take a tri tip soak it in a beer and worshire sauce mix for 2 hours tossing every 30 minutes in a pan pour this stuff called monterry steak seasonings (a lot) take the steak and crust (lay it in this stuff) competely until it heavely covered gentely place on a hot grill now take the remaining beer mixture and leftover seasonings and mix together half way thru cooking the steak pour this mixture over the steak yum yum .be careful when truning the steak......its called crusted tri-tip and its a little spicy but you will never need steak sauce or salt :wink:

MAINEVENT
07-16-2005, 06:37 AM
Luckys in Santa Barbara..thats how we do'it!
Oh you focker you had to bring that up :hammer2: so when are we going again :idea:

MAINEVENT
07-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Some good recipes i will definately try some of these, OK its fock'n 730 and now i am hungry again :hammer2: Steak and eggs anyone :idea:
And the bong has been down ;) you cant really carry a 4 footer :supp: :hammer2:

MAINEVENT
07-16-2005, 06:46 AM
By the way...your signature is just wrong!! lol..... :rollside:
But so right :crossx:

R.A.D.man
07-16-2005, 07:58 AM
I have to second the stubb's recommendation. That sauce is the shit hands down. The Bar B Q sauce is also bitchen for ribs.
I'll third that one. Also, Stubbs sauces started at the BBQ joint in Austin, TX. It's a restraunt/live music venue, if you are ever in town, its a good place.
I like the Allegro "Original" liquid marinade for my steaks. Just soak em for 15min. to and hour and grill em.