PDA

View Full Version : Jetski Trailer towing a Jet boat??

2Driver
07-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I live in a town on the way to one of the local lakes here north of Scottsdale. I popped out for lunch and passed a rig going to the lake that has to be illegal.
The guy was driving a F250 pulling a full size Seadoo Trailer with 2 Seadoo's on it. On the back of the Seadoo trailer he had mounted a ball and had his 19' Jet boat attached to the seadoo trailer....what a freaking train. :2purples:
I know you can trailer behind a 5th wheel but 2 boat trailers attach to each other. I might head to the lake Friday so see if I can get a pic. :D

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, that would be illegal here. First trailer has to be a gooseneck or 5th wheel. Sounds like some nice redneck engineering going on there. :D :D :D
Pictures would be great. ;)

SmokinLowriderSS
07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Discussed this on another board recently, and found (in Ks, Ok, and Tx,) no laws forbidding this, except a maximum length law (Ks, 119 feet). I was surprised as I thought same as you.

Her454
07-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Sounds like some nice redneck engineering going on there. :D :D :D
..................AND NO, I've never seen that rig on the Mountain. :hammer2: :D

Flying Tiger
07-15-2005, 04:44 PM
try;
www.boatcop.com

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:45 PM
(in Ks, Ok, and Tx,)
See above mentioned "redneck" comment. :idea: :D

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:47 PM
DEAD KITTEN'S,OHHHHHHHHH THE MADNESS :D pics would be nice
I don't think they're killing kittens anymore unfortunately. :(
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111290spam2.jpg
:D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
07-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I hated the kittens But this is just over the top. :2purples:
Was the trailer in the fast lane too???? :wink:

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Was the trailer in the fast lane too???? :wink:
Lanes don't matter in Arizona, that's just some stupid Kali law. You can drive in whatever lane you want, other than the carpool lanes for a few hours in the morning and afternoon unless you have 2 people or more in the truck, and you can tow there even. ;)

Her454
07-15-2005, 04:52 PM
Highly unlikely Frenchie would get anywhere near this dog LMAO..... :hammerhea
http://img1.glowfoto.com/images/2005/07/14-1025016203T.jpg

Mrs.Racer277
07-15-2005, 04:53 PM
Lanes don't matter in Arizona, that's just some stupid Kali law. You can drive in whatever lane you want, other than the carpool lanes for a few hours in the morning and afternoon unless you have 2 people or more in the truck, and you can tow there even. ;)
Thanks for the info Jordy. :wink: :D :D
BTW How's it going?

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:54 PM
BTW How's it going?
You don't even want to know. I'm making friends all over the place recently though. :D :D :D
Jordy <----took his evil pills. ;)
<embed src="http://home.att.net/~kittycatfurballssounds/dogbark1.wav" autostart="true" loop="false" width="0" height="0"></embed>

Mrs.Racer277
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
You don't even want to know. I'm making friends all over the place recently though. :D :D :D
Jordy <----took his evil pills. ;)
<embed src="http://home.att.net/~kittycatfurballssounds/dogbark1.wav" autostart="true" loop="false" width="0" height="0"></embed>
This does not sound good. :eek: :( I guess to know ya is to love ya. :wink:

Sane Asylum
07-15-2005, 04:57 PM
I live in a town on the way to one of the local lakes here north of Scottsdale. I popped out for lunch and passed a rig going to the lake that has to be illegal.
The guy was driving a F250 pulling a full size Seadoo Trailer with 2 Seadoo's on it. On the back of the Seadoo trailer he had mounted a ball and had his 19' Jet boat attached to the seadoo trailer....what a freaking train. :2purples:
I know you can trailer behind a 5th wheel but 2 boat trailers attach to each other. I might head to the lake Friday so see if I can get a pic. :D
Sure you weren't in Beaumont.....?? :eat:

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
i think i'm calling BULLLSHIIT on this one :D :D
Those three little ":D :D :D"'s were the sarcasm leaking through. ;)

Jordy
07-15-2005, 04:59 PM
This does not sound good. :eek: :( I guess to know ya is to love ya. :wink:
Perhaps. Oh, and it was good. It was even better than I ever could have hoped for. :D :D :D

Dawn Patrol
07-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Definately some of the Funniest Sh$t so far.
Nice job Jordy!! :D :D

Jordy
07-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Definately some of the Funniest Sh$t so far.
Nice job Jordy!! :D :D
I can take no credit for that one. I don't know who did it, but it's good work. You did notice the little shocker right? :D :D :D

Dawn Patrol
07-15-2005, 05:14 PM
I can take no credit for that one. I don't know who did it, but it's good work. You did notice the little shocker right? :D :D :D
No I didn'!!!! I'm still laughing my $ss off!! :D :D

SummitKarl
07-15-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, that would be illegal here. First trailer has to be a gooseneck or 5th wheel. Sounds like some nice redneck engineering going on there. :D :D :D
thats a negative Rampart!!!!!!!
you just need a commercial class lic to do that

Jordy
07-15-2005, 05:54 PM
thats a negative Rampart!!!!!!!
you just need a commercial class lic to do that
Not in Arizona. You don't need a CDL to tow doubles. Much like in a boat with twins one engine doesn't run backwards to make the prop spin in the other direction. ;)
Here, right from Arizona Revised Statutes:
ARS 28-1095. Vehicle length; exceptions; permits; rules; definition
3. A recreational vehicle may pull two units if all of the following conditions are met:
(a) The middle unit is equipped with a fifth wheel and brakes and has a weight equal to or greater than the rear unit.
(b) If the rear unit has a gross weight of three thousand pounds or more, it is equipped with brakes.
(c) The total combined gross weight of the towed units does not exceed the manufacturer's stated gross vehicle weight of the towing unit.
H. For purposes of this section, "recreational vehicle" means a motor vehicle that is designed and customarily used for private pleasure, including vehicles commonly called motor homes, pickup trucks with campers and pickup trucks with a fifth wheel trailing device.
Here is the link if you don't believe me:
http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/28/01095.htm&Title=28&DocType=ARS
:D

voodoomedman
07-15-2005, 08:08 PM
According to Mohave county sheriff you are wrong. I got a warning on the 95 in Bullhead for not being in the right lane while towing and it's just a two lane highway and not even a freeway. You can be in the left lane for passing but most of your travel needs to be to the right.

Jordy
07-15-2005, 08:10 PM
According to Mohave county sheriff you are wrong.
I was making a general statment in regards to the stupid towing laws in Cali. If you're in the fast lane and there is a "SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" sign and you're in the hammer lane and being passed on the right side, then yes, you can get pulled over. ;)