PDA

View Full Version : Lake Of The Ozarks - Information and Help

uncle larry
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I am in Lake Havasu City, Arizona - work with Jokers Wild Promotions. We produce boat manufacturer sponsored "regatta's". A weekend on the lake - hospitality party, group and individual photos from a helicopter. A poker run with no organized start - 5 stops on our lake and participants go to the stops in any order (a family poker run).
We then have some silly things,,, best stereo contest, wierdest most unique name, etc.. we end with a banquet... raffle and awards on Saturday nite...
Any way I am planning on coming to check out Your Lake.. in August..
Looking for a good ( but cheap ) place to stay.. any ideas?
Have any idea's who the local leaders are that I should talk to?
city, county, state, boating....
Thanks for the info...
unclelarry@411havasu.com
for info on what we do here on Lake Havasu....
www.jokerswildpromotions.com
Thanks Again

RD Express
07-15-2005, 04:46 PM
Try to contact (Joe) from Big Dicks Halfway Inn. Also the Chamber will be a big help. As for rooms cheap in August, good luck. I would try The Sleep Inn in Camdenton. The Horny Toad would also be a great place to go and party and get info. Will you have a boat to get to Party Cove? If not, you need to find one. You could just rent a Houseboat and hit all these places except Big Dicks. But don't go home before you shoot the minnow at Big Dicks. Good luck.

JasonSmith
07-15-2005, 06:00 PM
you should really ask this over on http://www.offshoreonly.com/
way more poeple over there from LOTO.

lildreamer86
07-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Also try http://www.midwestboatparty.com mostly everyone on the site is at LOTO. :smile:

max-a
07-26-2005, 07:22 PM
you might try to get shooters-21, they have a big boat race in august, last year miss budwieser posted a 208mph, just a thought.

jrp5xd
07-30-2005, 09:46 AM
good luck finding a place to stay on the weekend of the 26-28 of august. that is the big shootout that they have every year, 200+mph boats. It's huge fundraiser for local fire departments. But it would be the best weekend to get your name out. My buddy has a house down there on mm 10. I could talk to him if you need a place to crash for a weekend.

arjetfxr
08-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Just across the southern Missouri line, close to Rogers, Arkansas, is Beaver Lake, we would love to host a major get together and Poker run. There are several businesses and boat dealers here that would trip all over themselves for the opprtunity to be part of a larger event, not to mention bring more dollars to the area. We have a wide range of hotel/motels from a Super 8s to Hampton Inns, our area can match any budget. We also have several lodges and B&Bs. Almost every major restaurant chain is here, as well as banks, hospitals, and shopping. No, I dont work for the Chamber, I just know alot about my area, and I'm tired of traveling to other states to attend events. :D

uncle larry
08-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the info.. we already have rooms for that weekend but thanks for the offer....
brining out a 39 mti... a force plus I think a couple more will make it...
Poker run at Beaver Lake.. I shall check it out.. would love to do a few events out in this area each year.....
Thanks for the info.. aug. 10th today at osage beach for a day.. checking it out to see where and how to get the boats here.. Will be back on the wednesday of shootout week...
Enjoy - oh yeah first time here.........awesome Friggen river.....