PDA

View Full Version : Giant Oil Shake(water In Oil)

junkyardhunter
07-15-2005, 06:51 PM
took the hawiian to the lake to day ran great.I checked the oil before I got in the water every thing was good rechecked the oil after running for 20min and its a big F##king shake.motor still ran good. got home checked my bassett Tee valve it was not working so I replaced it.now I am letting the water hose run through the motor with out the water injection lines hooked up just the tee valve is hooked up and I do have water coming out of the dump,what I am getting at is I want to see if the crankcase fills up with water if it does I must have a crack or bad gaskets(head & intake are new) it it does not fill up everything should be fine. by the way I have hat this problem for some time now. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK WILL THIS TEST WORK ALSO WHAT PSI DOES THE TEE VALVE OPEN @ THANKS GUYS

junkyardhunter
07-15-2005, 07:31 PM
well the crankcase filled up with water looks like I need to take the heads off.

Squirtcha?
07-15-2005, 08:24 PM
Couple quick questions before ya pull the heads.
1. Do you have a valve between the pump and motor?
2. If you have a valve, did you try closing it down some?
Seen it a number of times before. The water from pump to motor needs to be regulated some or it's too much pressure.
Not saying it isn't a head gasket. I just go for the easiest, cheapest fixes first.
P.S. your Bassett T valve should open at around 1500-1800 rpm.

Oldsquirt
07-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Another question....What engine?
Before tearing it down, pull all the plugs and rotate the engine. Got water in any of the cylinders?

junkyardhunter
07-15-2005, 09:53 PM
bbc 454 no water in the cyl.the test I did was on my garden hose with the header injection line disconected from the headers so that water could flow through the tee valve with out getting in the exhaust so the only lines hooked up were the inlet, tee , outlet I let the water run for about 1 hour and my dip stick read about a 1/2" higher all this was done with the motor off(not running) I am not sure what psi my garden hose puts out but I dont think its as high as the jet pump

SummitKarl
07-15-2005, 10:16 PM
intake manifold leakhttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734dunno.gif

daddy b
07-16-2005, 06:27 AM
I just had this problem last week and found the valve bad(different setup)however, I do recall from the past that you do not want the water hose running while the engine is not. We had a bbc that we watered while not running (brand new bbc) and got water in the oil??? Did you find you had more water out the exhaust prior to water in the oil? I believe that I have fixed mine however as someone said, It will take two oil changes to get all of it out.
PS my crank case had very little water in it.
daddy b :supp: