PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gary Taylor TPI

franky
07-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I was at the Sandbar today and saw Gary's orange 28' Howard Bullet (can't miss it). Walked over to the boat and introduced myself and started talking Howards, motors, etc. First off, this guy is one of the nicest folks you will ever want to meet and his pasion for what he does (build NICE motors and does impecable rigging) spills over into enthusiastic conversation about how wonderful Howard Boats are. Now I have read the magazine articles and then read Gary's posts about how awsome they are but what was the kicker was the ride he took me on.
28' Howard Bullet, 1,100 hp quad rotor whipple EFI motor.
"Hey, I gotta go now but we are gonna run up into Topock Canyon a ways, wanna go?". HELL YEAH.
We were just cruisin, and this thing cruises at 70 like you are going 40 and some guy who was hot rodding around earlier pulls up in some v-drive Hallet or Schiada, Gary just rolls on the throttle a little and the whipple does a little singing thing and BAMM, 100 mph, bye bye. The thing is, speed for this boat is so smooth and effertless. Then he slows to about 50 and hooks a u-turn, no slideing, no hopping it just turned like it was on a rail.
What an awsome boat, what an unbelievable motor, what a nice guy. Thanks Gary!!! Hope to run into you again.

MagicMtnDan
07-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Gary's great people - you won't find a nicer guy (or a nicer boat). And he makes great motors too.

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:49 AM
yeah I saw him too... I was runnin my boat pretty hard, He walked by me and it sounded like he was cruisin at 3000 rpm... bastard!!! :D
Just Kidding Gary, I spoke to him (online) and have some plans for this winter :crossx:
ought to pick up some mph's next summer!!! :D

boxscore
07-16-2005, 06:54 AM
"Hey, I gotta go now but we are gonna run up into Topock Canyon a ways, wanna go?". HELL YEAH.
Gary just rolls on the throttle a little and the whipple does a little singing thing and BAMM, 100 mph, bye bye. .
LOL... that doesn't suck. Very nice story.

07-16-2005, 07:13 AM
"Hey, I gotta go now but we are gonna run up into Topock Canyon a ways, wanna go?". HELL YEAH......We were just cruisin, and this thing cruises at 70 like you are going 40....
My experience too, Gary is great people! (and Terri too!) :D The 70-100 in that boat is eyeball flattening, feels like a Super Comp car.

BADAXE
07-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Yah, he's ok I guess, just a little tight with the hats. :D

TPI
07-25-2005, 01:58 PM
Yah, he's ok I guess, just a little tight with the hats. :D
Now we are going below the belt(LOL) All the guys with my motors and rigging seem to love their hats. On a side note: I just got wind of this thread, Thanks for the kind words, all of you. I do have a lot of faith in the Howard Bullet's, and I do love to rig them and put the power to them. If I could, I would give everyone a ride in one, because they sure are nice. I know they are expensive, that is definately a fact, but it really is a lot of boat. Franky was a great person to take for a ride, he was checking out EVERYTHING while the boat was moving: gauges, steering, trim, etc.................and he seemed pleased with it all. We took a few other people for rides that weekend and everyone had a great time. I met some cool people Friday night at the Windsor launch ramp and we got to talking, we didnt leave for 2 1/2 hours. It seems easy to me to be honest/polite to everyone, even the people that arent so honest and polite. I am trying to keep a small business strong, and keeping it small and strong is what makes all of my customers feel like they are the only customer. I want my business to stay that way for a long time. My relationship with Howard has been great. I get to put my power in an awesome hull, and my motors seem to work effortlessly in them. Thanks again for the remarks, as always, I really appreciate it.

Sane Asylum
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
I was at the Sandbar today and saw Gary's orange 28' Howard Bullet (can't miss it). Walked over to the boat and introduced myself and started talking Howards, motors, etc. First off, this guy is one of the nicest folks you will ever want to meet and his pasion for what he does (build NICE motors and does impecable rigging) spills over into enthusiastic conversation about how wonderful Howard Boats are. Now I have read the magazine articles and then read Gary's posts about how awsome they are but what was the kicker was the ride he took me on.
28' Howard Bullet, 1,100 hp quad rotor whipple EFI motor.
We were just cruisin, and this thing cruises at 70 like you are going 40 and some guy who was hot rodding around earlier pulls up in some v-drive Hallet or Schiada, Gary just rolls on the throttle a little and the whipple does a little singing thing and BAMM, 100 mph, bye bye. The thing is, speed for this boat is so smooth and effertless. Then he slows to about 50 and hooks a u-turn, no slideing, no hopping it just turned like it was on a rail.
What an awsome boat, what an unbelievable motor, what a nice guy. Thanks Gary!!! Hope to run into you again.
Just slightly jealous....... :D :burningm: :D

TPI
07-25-2005, 05:50 PM
So Frank,
I was telling the guys over at Howard I was going to set you up a shop tour. Let me know when you are ready and I will make it happen. August will be a great time to come by, there is some hot stuff in there right now!

Essex29
07-25-2005, 06:00 PM
He's from the "805"....would you expect anyless? ;)

roln 20s
07-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Great thread. Franky I know exactly what you are saying, I had this luxury to spend a day with Gary at the Powerboat trials and do a 107mph pass on Parker. The acceleration is just unbelievable. Probably the best 10 minute boat ride I have EVER had. The boat is flawless, and one that deserves all of the press it gets. Gary just makes that boat that much better...and that is hard to do :)
Gary--I've been sporting the shirt around Havasu the last few weekend, lots of people asking questions :) Hopefully you will continue to get these great clients :)
Take care,
Patrick

TPI
07-25-2005, 07:24 PM
I have been lucky enough to get some great clients. Everyone of them so far have been outstanding. I hope the future holds more of the same.

franky
07-25-2005, 07:38 PM
So Frank,
I was telling the guys over at Howard I was going to set you up a shop tour. Let me know when you are ready and I will make it happen. August will be a great time to come by, there is some hot stuff in there right now!
Gary,
Being a Cole guy (on my third) and picking up stuff at Teague, I have peaked my head in the door a few times, mostly to see if the sh*t Jim was tellin me was true. Couple that with being fascinated when they came out with their Cat and, well we know (or do we) what happened with Cole, I have spent some quality time there. I like Mike.
It would be great to set up a visit when you could be there. Would like to explore the new deck boat and would also like to see you at your shop. What days are best for you?
And Gary, thanks again for you boatpitality (if that could be a word). Just spent 8 or 9 days with Seve from Trend Graphics on a houseboat at Lake Powell. He has my first Cole (20.5 SS) and do know I gave him the run down on my ride. Just ask him.
Regards - Frank

TPI
07-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Frank,
I will be spending a lot of time at Howard over the next couple months, so getting together will be pretty easy. We will be putting another 30+ hours on my boat the 7th-12th of Aug at Mohave, but other than that, I will be spending my days off from the fire department at Howard mostly. Let me know about a week in advance and I will be ready for you. PM me or contact me through my business if you like.
Thanks again for the positive remarks.......................