PDA

View Full Version : Kachina Information

Red Horse
07-16-2005, 01:57 AM
I am looking to buy new boat. Does anybody have any opinions on Kachinas. Good or bad. Are they a true custom boat builder? I am thinking the 26 Force with 496HO. The web site doesnt tell much about them and the price. I want an enclosed head, a cabin door, sink. Who has one and about how much??
Thanks in advance for all the help.

BarryMac
07-16-2005, 05:31 AM
Do us all a favor. Let's keep the hobbits and Yodas to a minimum in your graphics design. :D
lol :) :) :)

Kachina26
07-16-2005, 05:35 AM
I got no hobbits or Yodas..................
What do you want to know, Red Horse?

Kachina26
07-16-2005, 05:53 AM
No, your boat is bad ass. That's what a boat should look like. ;)
Thank you, we love it. I've seen some nice boats come out of Kachina recently.

uvindex
07-16-2005, 06:01 AM
What do you want to know, Red Horse?Pardon me for jumping in here, but he wants to know:
(1) "Are they a true custom boat builder?"
(2) "Who has one and about how much??"
:D

Wild Horses
07-16-2005, 06:29 AM
Pardon me for jumping in here, but he wants to know:
(1) "Are they a true custom boat builder?"
(2) "Who has one and about how much??"
:D
A big yes to #1, I've toured there facility and was impressed. On the other side I've toured Warlocks facility and was under impressed. :220v:
I can't remember any prices just call Louie at Kachina.
Clint

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:44 AM
I am looking to buy new boat. Does anybody have any opinions on Kachinas. Good or bad. Are they a true custom boat builder? I am thinking the 26 Force with 496HO. The web site doesnt tell much about them and the price. I want an enclosed head, a cabin door, sink. Who has one and about how much??
I will agree with K26... (again) After a 2 hour conversation with Louie, I made the drive out there and was extremely impressed at the processes of the facility. I went there to buy a 26... the cost difference between the 26 and the 30 was minimal. So here I am!
Good luck on shopping.

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Do us all a favor. Let's keep the hobbits and Yodas to a minimum in your graphics design. :D
Al right Bob... You know... all of the crazy and some goofy paint jobs that come out of there are FROM THE CUSTOMERS OWN DESIGNS!!!!!
To each his own I guess....

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Al right Bob... You know... all of the crazy and some goofy paint jobs that come out of there are FROM THE CUSTOMERS OWN DESIGNS!!!!!
To each his own I guess....
true, but at some point he's gotta say NO :wink:
for instance barn yard animals on a boat?? :wink:
No doubt, they do AWESOME paint work :D

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey... I didnt say they were for me!!!!! :D
Are you refering to the cow spots :D or the dolphins or the jokers or the... you get the idea!

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:51 AM
Were you at Havi last weekend. I thought I saw you out there and I was going to stop by, but I wasnt sure.

Holland
07-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I know. I was very specific in asking a possible future customer to tone it down. :D
LMAO... I can see a led light saber blastin from the front of the boat!!! hahaha

Kachina26
07-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Hey... I didnt say they were for me!!!!! :D
Are you refering to the cow spots :D
No, he's making fun of my wife. She wanted pictures of cows, pigs, and the like. Louie talked her out of it. Thank God. If you ask the guys with the little boats, the only true customs are pieces of crap that have been salvaged, rebuilt and can only traverse Havasu at 5 am on a wednessday :D They are all hand laid, built to your specs. The price is good, but not the only reason to buy a boat. Definately not the fastest hull out there, but darn smooth running in the chop. I love my boat, but I suggest you Shop shop shop. And drive a bunch of boats. Get down in the midcab and laydown. Make sure there is enough room if you plan to boat camp. The 25 shockwave is a nice boat, plenty fast, but way too small down below. Depends on your needs. Good luck :D

Big Warlock
07-16-2005, 07:49 AM
I will happily take my Warlock out in the ocean against a Kachina all day long. I admit that Warlock is definitely weak on customer service. But the boats are not even comparable. If you want to compare, I will meet up with anyone and have a Kachina vs. any other boat you can name day.
What I know about Kachinas:
1) Awesome graphics
2) Standard hardware (Mercruiser, etc. etc.)
3) Laid a little light for my taste
4) Poor resale value
5) (RUMOR!!!) Hot Boat is not allowed to test factory boats? (Can someone shed light on that?)
6) Owners seem to be happy with their purchase
But please, please stop comparing Kachinas with Lavey, Warlock, Fountain, Scarab, Formula, etc. etc. I am glad your happy with your purchase. And I hope it does what you bought the boat for. I will leave it at that. PM me or read my old posts. I am trying to be good ok? I have friends that own Kachinas.
Rob :chi:

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 07:52 AM
Were you at Havi last weekend. I thought I saw you out there and I was going to stop by, but I wasnt sure.
Bob I was out there all last week but didn't hit the water saturday or sunday.
next time introduce yourself :D

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 07:54 AM
No, he's making fun of my wife. She wanted pictures of cows, pigs, and the like. Louie talked her out of it. Thank God. If you ask the guys with the little boats, the only true customs are pieces of crap that have been salvaged, rebuilt and can only traverse Havasu at 5 am on a wednessday :D They are all hand laid, built to your specs. The price is good, but not the only reason to buy a boat. Definately not the fastest hull out there, but darn smooth running in the chop. I love my boat, but I suggest you Shop shop shop. And drive a bunch of boats. Get down in the midcab and laydown. Make sure there is enough room if you plan to boat camp. The 25 shockwave is a nice boat, plenty fast, but way too small down below. Depends on your needs. Good luck :D
haha Randy you know it was just a joke right? I would never actually make fun of Lynn.
Its great advice to look at a lot of boats but Red Horse you already know that :D

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 07:55 AM
I will happily take my Warlock out in the ocean against a Kachina all day long. I admit that Warlock is definitely weak on customer service. But the boats are not even comparable. If you want to compare, I will meet up with anyone and have a Kachina vs. any other boat you can name day.
1) Awesome graphics
4) Poor resale value
5) (RUMOR!!!) Hot Boat is not allowed to test factory boats? (Can someone shed light on that?)
But please, please stop comparing Kachinas with Lavey, Warlock, Fountain, Scarab, Formula, etc. etc. I am glad your happy with your purchase. And I hope it does what you bought the boat for. I will leave it at that. PM me or read my old posts. I am trying to be good ok? I have friends that own Kachinas.
Rob you are really going soft...
Shoot you almost admit friends with Cheetah's now too :wink:

Kachina26
07-16-2005, 11:12 AM
Louie said that HB magazine destroyed (he said sunk) one of his boats, so they have not been given one to test since. His words, not mine.

Beer-30
07-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Kachina is still one of my favorites. If I were in the market for a new 26-30 V, it would be tough for me to choose between Kachina and SleekCraft. Both build an excellent quality and looking boat for the money. Between the two, the 26s are quite similar, although Sleek did a new bottom last year. A big deal for us was the way the entries to the mid-cuddy were. Sleek and Kachina have the wide-open oval type entry/exit. Most others have the rectangular door type entry/exit. Cuts down the wind (if you want that) or lets the air through. We liked the open area.
I started a thread a while back called "why doesn't ***boat test Kachinas?". Find that thread and it has a lot of info. All boats have pros and cons, it is up to each individual what works for them.

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Louie said that HB magazine destroyed (he said sunk) one of his boats, so they have not been given one to test since. His words, not mine.
I've heard that too...

Big Warlock
07-16-2005, 02:42 PM
I have a friend that owns a Cheetah as well! (sigh!)
Kachina and Cheetahs. DAMN!!!! Where did I go wrong!! :hammer2:

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 02:46 PM
What is this world coming to? ;)

Holland
07-16-2005, 03:13 PM
Aghhhh... you know you like the company!!!!!! :cry:

Big Warlock
07-16-2005, 03:14 PM
You guys are rough!!!

Holland
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
You guys are rough!!!
:D :D :D

Red Horse
07-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Cant do too much calling. I am in Japan.
Can they do a cabin with door and an enclosed head??
Thanks for all the replies
I am going to crawl over as many boats as possible.
I will keep this boat for some time. At least 15 years. So I am going to research as much as possible. :cool:

Beer-30
07-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Cant do too much calling. I am in Japan.
Can they do a cabin with door and an enclosed head??
Thanks for all the replies
I am going to crawl over as many boats as possible.
I will keep this boat for some time. At least 15 years. So I am going to research as much as possible. :cool:
I believe Reinell and Bayliner do enclosed heads, if that helps.

Red Horse
07-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I believe Reinell and Bayliner do enclosed heads, if that helps.
Can I get them with big blocks????? Oh I only hope so. :mad: :eat: I could do my own custom paint job with a spraycan. :hammer2:

dicudmore
07-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Can I get them with big blocks????? Oh I only hope so. :mad: :eat: I could do my own custom paint job with a spraycan. :hammer2:
not to hi-jack this thread... but don't you already have experience painting boats?

Garrddogg
07-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi Rob! :idea: :boxingguy
1) Awesome graphics
4) Poor resale value

Big Warlock
07-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Gary, I live my Kachina life through you!!! :D

Garrddogg
07-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Whats crackin Rob? hows things? pacific again soon!
Gary, I live my Kachina life through you!!! :D

Totally IncapASSitated
07-16-2005, 06:38 PM
I agree with ya Bob...but I do have to admit that I always enjoy seeing that Denver Broncos boat roll by in the channel!!!!!!

Red Horse
07-16-2005, 06:53 PM
not to hi-jack this thread... but don't you already have experience painting boats?
Yes a little. :2purples: :cool: