PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Any fans?
I like the movies but I haven't read any of the books.
The reason for this post is that I pre-ordered the new book and it will be on my doorstep today, even though it's not officially released until midnight tonight. B&N and the internet are awesome!!! I don't have to drive to a bookstore and hope they have a copy, wait in line and all that bull. Not that I would wait in a long line for the book, I mean the check-out line. Oh, and shipping was free.
I checked with UPS tracking system and it left my local warehouse (10 miles away) at 6:43 am. My daughter is going to go INSANE when she gets home!!! I should get some "cool mom" points for this, and they are hard to get from a 13 year-old.
Since she has trained herself to read in the car, I think it's safe to say the trip to Bullhead this afternoon will be a quiet one. :D

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 08:11 AM
Does it really come out tonight?
OMG! I need to gather the kids and take them to the bookstore tomorrow AM. My nephews love Harry Potter.
I think the movies are cool but not sure I could really read the books

HocusPocus
07-16-2005, 08:33 AM
the official release date is set for saturday i believe... so you can bet many places will be open at midnight selling like crazy!
my kids enjoy the books and movies.. i think i have only seen the first 2 movies but we have them all.

Mrs. 4-B
07-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I have read all the books! They are great. I recommend them even for adults. My son turned me on to them when they first came out (he's 22 now). The movies follow the book pretty close. :coffeycup

CandyA$$
07-16-2005, 09:15 AM
I have read all the books! They are great. I recommend them even for adults. My son turned me on to them when they first came out (he's 22 now). The movies follow the book pretty close. :coffeycup
So another moving coming out soon, yah
Maybe I will try reading the new one

NoCal NoBoat
07-16-2005, 10:48 AM
Family of three, and we're all fans, thanks to my daughter. It was very cool when she came to us after reading the first Harry Potter, handed me the book, and said, "I think you'd enjoy reading this".
I don't doubt that she'll be starting the "Half-Blood Prince" tomorrow, and she'll finish it by Monday or Tuesday. The books keep getting bigger, but my daughter won't put them down until she's finished them.
I enjoy seeing kids (and their parental units) really enjoying reading. My daughter starts at a very good college in August, and I give reading a lot of credit for where she's at academically.
I'll save my Harry Potter fix for vacation the first week of August. Kind of hard to fit the hardcover in my carry-on, but worth it. I may not watch much
DirectTV on my Jet Blue flight to New York this trip...

syke-o
07-16-2005, 10:52 AM
i have read them all and they are very good.... but i am one of the few it seems who actually enjoys reading....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-16-2005, 10:58 AM
I enjoy reading, it's just that I usually read non-fiction. Currently reading the latest Steven Ambrose book, Undaunted Courage , about Meriwether Lewis and the L&C Expedition. That is the history teacher coming out. I also read classic American Lit. This falls under the English Lit category ;)

Mrs. 4-B
07-16-2005, 11:30 AM
i have read them all and they are very good.... but i am one of the few it seems who actually enjoys reading....
I like reading too. And it helps the time spent on the elyptical (sp?) machine go by faster! :smile:

NoCal NoBoat
07-16-2005, 11:31 AM
MMSW -
HP is the only "English Lit" that I've stuck with since Ian Fleming and some character named Bond, James Bond...

Mrs_Wally_Gator
07-16-2005, 11:36 AM
My Kids LOVE the harry potter books. My oldest son started reading the first HArry Potter Bok when he was in 1st grade. I was shocked that it interested him as much as it did at that age. Most Ralph's stores will have the books released at 12:01 tonight!

Norseman
07-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Any fans?
I like the movies but I haven't read any of the books.
The reason for this post is that I pre-ordered the new book and it will be on my doorstep today, even though it's not officially released until midnight tonight. B&N and the internet are awesome!!! I don't have to drive to a bookstore and hope they have a copy, wait in line and all that bull. Not that I would wait in a long line for the book, I mean the check-out line. Oh, and shipping was free.
I checked with UPS tracking system and it left my local warehouse (10 miles away) at 6:43 am. My daughter is going to go INSANE when she gets home!!! I should get some "cool mom" points for this, and they are hard to get from a 13 year-old.
Since she has trained herself to read in the car, I think it's safe to say the trip to Bullhead this afternoon will be a quiet one. :D
My 14 year old is a big fan, we had to pre order the book. Then tonight at Barnes and Noble they are having a Harry Potter Party, starts at 9:00, no books on sale till midnight.....

FMluvswater
07-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I've read all the books too so far. Haven't watched the second movie and never plan to as I was told about all the arachnid appearances and reading the second book made me glad I didn't get the visuals for that! :2purples: I've seen the third movie and am looking forward to seeing the 4th one when it's on DVD (my son collects the movies, lol) ! :D So far Goblet of Fire was my favorite book so I expect to love the movie. :cool: My son's step-mom collects the books and I know she'll let me read the newest one when she gets it. :cool: The books are great - she's a great storyteller! :cool:

Sportin' Wood
07-16-2005, 02:41 PM
Thanks for rubbing it in! Since I can't go to the river with you this weekend I think I will go buy our son a trumpet so he can make your return home a pleasure. :hammerhea :2purples: :cool: AHHH sweet revenge :D
Drive safe