PDA

View Full Version : So I drop my boat off for some Jellcoat Repair.

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 06:32 AM
The dude told me last Thursday he could get to it right a way. He was always really prompt when calling me back before I dropped the boat off too. Well I called him Yesterday 5/2/06 and have yet to hear from him. :mad: I imagine right away really means a month or 2? :cry:

Jbb
05-03-2006, 06:35 AM
He didn't like all the questions you posted yesterday.....
Right away means...before the next Ice Age....
He also hates being called a Jellcoater...

Tom Brown
05-03-2006, 06:45 AM
He probably stayed a little later than normal last night to finish your stringer/floor/transom replacement and do a complete regel.
Hang in there. He'll call as soon as he gets in this morning and tell you to pick it up at your convenience. :)
... oh... and the charge will be $200 cash and a bottle of Jack. $250 if you need a receipt.

SnakeWrench
05-03-2006, 06:53 AM
The dude told me last Thursday he could get to it right a way. He was always really prompt when calling me back before I dropped the boat off too. Well I called him Yesterday 5/2/06 and have yet to hear from him. :mad: I imagine right away really means a month or 2? :cry:
Where did you drop it off and who's doing the work?

lucky
05-03-2006, 06:54 AM
He probably stayed a little later than normal last night to finish your stringer/floor/transom replacement and do a complete regel.
Hang in there. He'll call as soon as he gets in this morning and tell you to pick it up at your convenience. :)
... oh... and the charge will be $200 cash and a bottle of Jack. $250 if you need a receipt.
the warrenty is also outlined as such -- Not responsiable for Jell- when her 454 is present - :rolleyes:

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Where did you drop it off and who's doing the work?
A local shop here in Indiana!!

Tom Brown
05-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Indianna? Is that in the OC? :confused:
It may not be time to drag this guy's business through the mud if you dropped the boat off yesterday. Things happen and most small businesses are one step away from total chaos, particularly a gelcoater this time of year.
You might want to hang in there for the rest of today and maybe even tomorrow or why not give him a call and see if he's had a look at it, yet?

Jbb
05-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Tom..."The Arbitrator"...Brown..

MagicMtnDan
05-03-2006, 07:21 AM
Is "Jellcoat" something you put on before you do these?
http://dke.stanford.edu/images/DKE%20Jello%20Bash%20011_small.jpg

Jbb
05-03-2006, 07:25 AM
Is "Jellcoat" something you put on before you do these?
http://dke.stanford.edu/images/DKE%20Jello%20Bash%20011_small.jpg
Ask Traci..... :p ...where IS that picture.........stand by.... :p

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Indianna? Is that in the OC? :confused:
It may not be time to drag this guy's business through the mud if you dropped the boat off yesterday. Things happen and most small businesses are one step away from total chaos, particularly a gelcoater this time of year.
You might want to hang in there for the rest of today and maybe even tomorrow or why not give him a call and see if he's had a look at it, yet?
I am not ready to drag him through the mud just yet. I would like a simple return call just as he did before I dropped the boat off. :rollside:

syke-o
05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
did you pay him in advance?? :220v:

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 08:15 AM
did you pay him in advance?? :220v:
No way would I ever do that!! I always pay when work is complete. :)

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 08:16 AM
He wanted your business and now he has it. It's only been a week so kick back a little and be patient. You don't want him hurrying it up just to get you off his back.
Don't be 'that' guy.
Another shop was honest with me and told me it would take a couple of weeks before they could get to it. Honesty > Lying I figured their Jellcoat man had nothing to do. :cool:

hoolign
05-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Another shop was honest with me and told me it would take a couple of weeks before they could get to it. Honesty > Lying I figured their Jellcoat man had nothing to do. :cool:
I wouldnt worry..they are probably still not recieveing many calls for the add they placed in the local times
: Wanted jellcoat man to start immediatley, competitive wages and benefit plan. Must supply own jell.
:rollside:

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 08:26 AM
heh, yeah. I guess you could always drop on on him to take some pictures of the progress for yer boating forum friends. Ya know, to show them how fast and professional his work is. :crossx:
And its spelled gelcoat
Thnaks for the speling tip. :hammerhea

Todd969
05-03-2006, 08:28 AM
heh, yeah. I guess you could always drop on on him to take some pictures of the progress for yer boating forum friends. Ya know, to show them how fast and professional his work is. :crossx:
And its spelled gelcoat
Maybe he is having a Jello mold made from Gelcoat?

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Maybe he is busy getting high and f$#%#&@ MaryAnn like a rabbit.
:)
That tramp!! :mad:

Gilligan
05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
So I got a hold of the service guy. He talked like they have started the repair and asked me when I would like to have it done. I told him that this Saturday would be nice!! :rollside: Hopefully it will be done soon. :)