PDA

View Full Version : The Mind of Mencia

Boozer
07-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Anyone else a fan of Carlos Mencia?
About 5 years ago my brother had a Carlos Mencia cd that he listened to at least twice a day. Whenever he got bummed he turned on the cd and somehow Carlo's words of wisdom brought a smile to his face.
Somehow, I got hooked on Carlos as well. While in Denver I went and seen him at one of the bigger comedy clubs and his show was awesome. He states his opinion and spreads a message but uses comedy to get his message across.
After the show was over he had a cd signing in the back of the club. It was really weird, you went up to a window and gave some body gaurd kinda guys the money and Carlos signed the cd. Knowing my brother had been having a bad week healthwise I told Carlos my brothers situation and what a fan he was, so Carlos being the awesome guy he is called my brother on the phone and talked to him for a good 15-20 minutes. At first my brother thought it was a joke until Carlos said some things that only he could come up with and my brother new it was the real deal. Ever since I have been a devoted fan. How many celeberities would be willing to call a fan on the phone to wish them well?
If you ever get the chance check out his new show on comedy central. The Mind of Mencia. It's an awesome show.

DUNDUN
07-17-2005, 11:07 PM
carlos mencia is great.
i dont know what time the show airs though... :confused:

Phat Matt
07-18-2005, 12:18 AM
He is a very cool guy and his stand up is great. Whenever he plays the Improv in Ontario he comes and does our morning show. His Improv shows always sell out too.

Wet Dream
07-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Carlos is a fantstic person/ comedian. Always funny and what makes him so funny is that his set comes from real life. He pops up on Opie and Anthony every once in a while. His show is on Comedy Central on Wednesday nights, blows away Chapelle.

jackpunx
07-19-2005, 09:53 AM
I have his show on Tevo.. I liked him better in person.. but.. the show is funny..
we are big fans :D