PDA

View Full Version : Update?

No Drama
01-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Anyone hear any new "facts" today from the search?

Fernando
01-18-2002, 07:18 PM
A Canadian dive team with a remote controlled mini-sub has been brought to Castaic to
search . They have found some wreckage but no bodies.

NashvilleBound
01-18-2002, 07:23 PM
One body was recovered. No name. They also located one other but were unable to bring it up.

HTM Lady
01-18-2002, 07:36 PM
The search today was successfull in the recover of MR PUMP Chuck Wiseman. As of right now they are attempting to recover a second body and will resume the seach tomarrow for the third. Please pray they are successful in recovering Steve and Nelson.

Costello
01-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Nashville, where did you receive your info on the recovery efforts?

step up
01-18-2002, 08:01 PM
ha abc7.com front page.mshtm i believe is chuck's wife

step up
01-18-2002, 08:05 PM
ha no drama did you know ken lane ?he used to always say no drama.

HTM Lady
01-18-2002, 08:11 PM
No not MrPumps wife.Girlfriend and Best Friend. I was there at the lake. I saw this with my own two eyes.I have been there every day since Friday.

step up
01-18-2002, 08:16 PM
sorry,ha how is dorian,charlie and the rest of the guys?I didn't see anyone but roy at ken's funneral.Are they drive tommorow?

HTM Lady
01-18-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by step up:
sorry,ha how is dorian,charlie and the rest of the guys?I didn't see anyone but roy at ken's funneral.Are they drive tommorow?
Dorian is doing his best to hold up. He was at the lake when I left. Would of stayed but I have 3 kids of my own to deal with.Nelsons family wasnt there today as far as I know could be wrong though Its hard to say for sure. Charlie is doing his best to be there for everyone. When I left they were on the second dive and going to dive again tomarrow.

step up
01-18-2002, 08:24 PM
our hearts & prayers go out to everyone.Hopefully they will find everyone soon.

SVO 540
01-18-2002, 08:26 PM
HTM Lady, I am so sorry about your loss. I felt I had alot in common with mrpumps just from this forum. We were planning a Lake Mead trip together over the Las Vegas supercross weekend. You and the rest of the survivors are in my thoughts and prayers.
I can't believe you saw the accident. That must have been terrible. If it doesn't cause you too much pain, I would like to know what you saw from your prospective. No need to reply if so painful, I will totally understand. God Bless.

No Drama
01-18-2002, 08:30 PM
Step Up, evidently by your name, you too were one of Kenny's friends, I use the username in memory of a good friend. I have been friends with Kenny for many years. Perhaps you saw me at his Service Thursday. In fact wer might just know each other. I own Kenny's old Hawaiian. Originally posted by step up:
ha no drama did you know ken lane ?he used to always say no drama.

HTM Lady
01-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by SVO 540:
HTM Lady, I am so sorry about your loss. I felt I had alot in common with mrpumps just from this forum. We were planning a Lake Mead trip together over the Las Vegas supercross weekend. You and the rest of the survivors are in my thoughts and prayers.
I can't believe you saw the accident. That must have been terrible. If it doesn't cause you too much pain, I would like to know what you saw from your prospective. No need to reply if so painful, I will totally understand. God Bless.
I didnt see the accident . I have been at the lake since 4 Friday. I was clearing the comment on they recovered all 3 today. I was there when they brought Chuck up. Since then Steve has been recovered and they will drive tomarrow for Nelson. Please pray that they are successfull.

JLaughreySS24
01-19-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey no drama, I think I met you at lake success when you bought kennys cat. I am the guy that had the SR24 HTM. We spent the weekend there. Am I right??

No Drama
01-19-2002, 12:32 AM
Yep, thats where we met.....thought I saw you Thursday, didn't want to intrude on your grieving......keep in touch!

JLaughreySS24
01-19-2002, 12:40 AM
Funny how we are all linked together some how some way. I wanted to buy Kens boat before I bought my first HTM. Do you still have your Hawaiian?

No Drama
01-19-2002, 12:53 AM
Still have it and proud of it......it doesn't make the triple digits but it's fun enough for me and my girl.

JLaughreySS24
01-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Cool, I know its fun to say your boat can run 100 or more. I am guilty of that. The point is we are all out there to have a good time. Glad you have the boat still. I will have to send you a couple pics of my new ss24 plus some of the motor Ken and I built. I wish Ken and I could have spent more time enjoying it instead of working on it. Just the same, we had fun doing that too!!

step up
01-19-2002, 09:09 AM
HA jlaughreyss24 what color is your htm.i think you won a award last year at yhe regatta, for best matching tow /boat.

No Drama
01-19-2002, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JLaughreySS24:
That would be great, at least I would be able to recognize you as you cruize past me in the waters.I've had the boat for several seasons, other than normal oil changes and plugs....absolutely no problems.

JLaughreySS24
01-19-2002, 12:44 PM
Cool, Ken was known for building realiable toys.

JLaughreySS24
01-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey step up, I didnt win that award but the colors of my boat are purple, yellow, and frost grey.

step up
01-20-2002, 07:06 AM
very cool, what motor do you have in it?Ken & steve treaded alot of us very good.My boat is white with blue&lime green flames.

JLaughreySS24
01-21-2002, 02:24 PM
I have a 502 with a 250 B&M blower and superchiller. Both of those guys helped me out a lot!! If I knew how to attach files on here I would send you some pics.

step up
01-21-2002, 03:38 PM
don't feel bad,about the pic's .i spoke with roy today the funnel is thursday @3:00 htm will post on their sit according to roy.maybe i 'll meet you there