PDA

View Full Version : Success!

Boatmike
07-17-2005, 10:52 PM
Went to Success Lake in P-Ville to try out the new zoomies w/mufflers 83DB @ 50ft, tested w\sound meter. No sooner than my wife and I arrived suddenly many boats started to follow us around the lake. When we finally came to rest many of the local V-drivers and squirt boats came over to greet us. Then asked
"Do you come here often because we have never seen this boat here before?"
I said only once but trying to find local lake to run the boat without being hasselled. The locals told me the all is good there with the 5.0. No sooner than they said that here comes the 5.0 as we were all paddling around 5.0 asked,
"Wow all of these cool looking boats with big motors just paddling around what is up with that? Get'm lit up and lets see them run." My wife and I looked at eachother with shock! That is where I'll be running all of the time.
P.S. most of the boats I tested with my meter passed the 84-86DB test @ 50ft as long as they ran water or had mufflers. One guy was there that runs zoomies with no mufflers and has never had a problem. The 5.0 there is really cool as long as you are respectful and mind all of the rules. :D :D

Beautiful Noise
07-17-2005, 10:58 PM
I use to go to Lake Success years ago and never had a problem as long as I had my water turned on :)

Cole Sanger
07-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Now that you told everyone about it, it will be packed. :220v:

Morg
07-18-2005, 05:01 AM
Shhhh.
Don't tell the jet guys.....J/K
Mike where might this place be??

PE 316
07-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Porterville (California)
Roughly halfway between Fresno and Bakersfield in the foothills

Sanger D
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
I think its next to a little town called Springville,if ti is that little town was so bitchin!!we stayed the night in a nice little inn and the food was awesome!!!very beuatiful lake and mountains

meaniam
07-20-2005, 10:11 AM
"Wow all of these cool looking boats with big motors just paddling around what is up with that? Get'm lit up and lets see them run." My wife and I looked at eachother with shock! That is where I'll be running all of the time.
damn that is so true and funny! i see the lake patrol. i reach back pull coil wire. boat cuts out. im dead in the water.
Can a 69 flattie be held to the new 2005 decibel test. i fought this back in 96 with a more relaxed law and won. anybody no forsure?