PDA

View Full Version : help before my boat gets the hammer

likeFATHERlikeSON3
07-17-2005, 10:52 PM
just wired up my new bilge pump and went to turn it on and see how it works and nothing happened. so the battery was pretty low, so i put a good charge on it and still nothing. the only thing i did was move a couple of wires on the fuse panel, and run new wires to the pump. why no power? i look around at all the other wires and they all look good. checked all the fuse's they are all fine. Could i have blown the power relay? i had the battery kill switch on and the positive post disconnected before any wiring....what gives?

BrendellaJet
07-17-2005, 11:43 PM
what wires did you move and why?

Moneypitt
07-18-2005, 06:22 AM
Do you have a volt meter? if not get one. It is a simple check to verify voltage at a given accessory, or terminal on a fuse/junction box. Even a simple test light will give you valuable information as to where and when you have voltage. That said, I would suspect the ground wire from the bildge pump. Where is it grounded?, and is it a clean, non painted, direct conection to either the battery or the block. Try jumping directly from the battery with both + and - wires and see if the pump runs. I have seen an impeller pushed hard against the housing during shipping, so first make sure the pump runs off the battery directly, then move on to your wiring..........MP