PDA

View Full Version : nucking futs!

James'SS-24
07-18-2005, 02:52 PM
So we're idling out of the no wake zone at the end of Saguaro this morning about 9:30 and the girlfriend says, "Look at the plane!" I say "where?" cause I don't see it. Then I spot it...about 25 or 30 feet off the water if that high...he goes right over our heads and banks and continues up the canyon! He was a lot lower than the canyon walls. Not sure but I think that is against the law? Sure was a lot of surprised looks on some of the other boater faces too. :idea:

Rocky
07-18-2005, 04:04 PM
They do that all the time. I have seen them twice this year while sitting on the beach. They look down and wave to you. :2purples:

James'SS-24
07-18-2005, 05:46 PM
That was a first for me. :cool: Do they do that on all the lakes or just that one? That canyon is narrow to be doing that in. :eek: Guess it's good practice! :skull:

Cole Sanger
07-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Was it an old WWII plane? I've seen that guy over Saguaro lake a few times and over Lower Sycamore Creek. He buzzes everyone that is off road. Pretty cool.

Wicked Performance Boats
07-18-2005, 08:41 PM
I believe it's against FAA regulations, Shuuuuuu, don't tell anybody it looks cool. Budlight

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2005, 12:08 AM
PHX ATC would know. If they guy crashes, Ill fish him out.

a catered life
07-19-2005, 06:53 AM
how was it at the lake i was suppose to be there this sunday for a birthday party :frown:

James'SS-24
07-19-2005, 03:50 PM
It was an old red piper. Single seat. Wood frame, cloth covered. The guy flying was grinning from ear to ear! He was having a good time. :D Lake was great but kind of smokey. They had a new fire just a little northeast of there. We were watching the air tankers fly over on there way to that one. I haven't watched the news so I don't know what's up with that one.