PDA

View Full Version : Week At New Hogan

Desert Rat
07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Last week at New Hogan
Water was glass ALL week, Weather was sweet too!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_008.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_010.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_011.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_013.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_014.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_018.jpg
Have to look out from above from time to time too
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/881Hogan_2005_020.jpg
Had a GREAT time. We have been going to this little piece of heaven in Nor Cal for about 12 years now and it is always great! :cool: :D

Just-Us
07-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Looks great Paul.......I think Deb and I will need to check it out...

tamalewagon
07-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Great pictures. New Hogan is beautiful.

Mrs.Racer277
07-18-2005, 07:34 PM
Beautiful Lake. Thanks for the pics. :cool:

Desert Rat
07-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Looks great Paul.......I think Deb and I will need to check it out...
We would love to have you guys up next year.. We start planing in Jan. we'll keep you posted

JetBoatRich
07-18-2005, 08:36 PM
We would love to have you guys up next year.. We start planing in Jan. we'll keep you posted
Jan :eek: lets start planning now :cool:
Looks like a great place Paul :D post some more pictures :cool:

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2005, 03:45 AM
Looks good Paul. Where abouts is the lake at and what kind of set up do they have for camping? How big is the place?

a catered life
07-19-2005, 06:52 AM
4:45 am ouch someone needs a kiss :D

Mrs Luvnlife
07-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Great pics Paul, maybe we should start planning this weekend :D :D, we all get so busy so fast. Glad to hear you guys had a great time!

JetBoatRich
07-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Some of us have to get up early for work :rolleyes:

Her454
07-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Nice pics of my backyard... :) Next time your here let me know and I'd love to hook up and say hi. We usually have 2 big Cliff Runs a year out there, one in May and another in August but the August has been cancelled this year. You'll have to come out next year for it.

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Damn, wish we knew there were other HB peeps out there. :( I actually remember seeing your boat running around......we were at the group site at Coyote Point all week!!! Do you remember seeing my purple & orange Cheeter?
A great week it was and the water was fantastic...smooth and like 85 deg. Weather was hot for sure coming in at an avg of like 105 for the week.
We'll be back out at Coyote Point in the 2nd week of September for about 4 days. With that water so high, boats are anchored like 15 yrds from the tents....so nice out there right now.
Hogan is only like 45 minutes from us....we should meet up out there one of these weekends!
-MOB

UltraStealth
07-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Where is it located? How big? Need some specs. Looks great.

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 03:52 PM
30 miles east of Lodi...just outside of Valley Springs, CA. It's a smaller lake, but good campgrounds and stays relatively smooth most of the time.
it's a good little secret....well, WAS a good little secret. :crossx:

Desert Rat
07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Sorry about letting the cat out of the bag :eek: We have been going to this lake for about 12 years straight now. I wish it was still close enough for a quick weekend trip.. (Moved to So Cal about 9 years ago)
MOBrian if it's the boat in your sig line i'm not sure if I seen it, I do remember another non wake board type boat that was anchored in the back of the group cove Ultra maybe?? The group site was packed.
Jen and Cale The place has pretty nice sites when the water is up like this year but can be a 50 yard walk if it's really low like last year. Plenty of room for your rig and it has boat trailer parking inside the camp ground. I leave my boat in all week anchored just off shore with a anchor buddy and a box anchor.
Her454 We would love to hook up with you. I'll let you know what the dates are for next year when we get it set up :idea:

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
Aeh, we passed by you guys going in opposite directions a couple of times. Strange, I never remember the rollbar boats....just the cool boats. :D
I think you're thinking of my bro-in-law's boat. 21 Essex Sterling, white w/ dark blue tribal flames. I came out on Thursday and stayed through Sunday.....had to work, but most of our crew got out there Monday. Lucky focks. :rolleyes:
Yep, we packed that campsite.....like 50-60 of us out there with 7 boats & a few waverunners....even though I hate those things. :rolleyes: Already booked the site for this time next July too. :D

Desert Rat
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah that would be the boat. how could you miss all those wake makers? :mad: Group site looked like a major party going on. Shined my 100,000,000 laser canon over there a few times to check out the night action :D Did you see the orange/purple/white Hallett 210? They were with us too. just love this lake!!

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
.......Shined my 100,000,000 laser canon over there a few times to check out the night action :D !!
that was you huh? wasn't that like Fri or Sat late-night? My first statement outta my mouth was, let's blaze that guy back.....but my beamer was in the boat and I was too loaded to attempt the enormous 25 yard walk. :hammerhea :sleeping:
Did you see the orange/purple/white Hallett 210? They were with us too. just love this lake!!
I think I did see that boat....yours I remember for sure. I totally agree, what a great little lake...especially since it's fuller than I've seen it in 10 years. Beautiful spot.
later,
MOB

shueman
07-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Great pix....luv the skiing conditions...!!!
Thanks for sharing...

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Sorry about letting the cat out of the bag :eek: We have been going to this lake for about 12 years straight now. I wish it was still close enough for a quick weekend trip.. (Moved to So Cal about 9 years ago)
MOBrian if it's the boat in your sig line i'm not sure if I seen it, I do remember another non wake board type boat that was anchored in the back of the group cove Ultra maybe?? The group site was packed.
Jen and Cale The place has pretty nice sites when the water is up like this year but can be a 50 yard walk if it's really low like last year. Plenty of room for your rig and it has boat trailer parking inside the camp ground. I leave my boat in all week anchored just off shore with a anchor buddy and a box anchor.
Her454 We would love to hook up with you. I'll let you know what the dates are for next year when we get it set up :idea:
Hookups or no hookups Paul. You know I'm a pansy :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Damn, wish we knew there were other HB peeps out there. :( I actually remember seeing your boat running around......we were at the group site at Coyote Point all week!!! Do you remember seeing my purple & orange Cheeter?
A great week it was and the water was fantastic...smooth and like 85 deg. Weather was hot for sure coming in at an avg of like 105 for the week.
We'll be back out at Coyote Point in the 2nd week of September for about 4 days. With that water so high, boats are anchored like 15 yrds from the tents....so nice out there right now.
Hogan is only like 45 minutes from us....we should meet up out there one of these weekends!
-MOB
Could be a possible hook up Mike ;) :D

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Are you offering Willie :supp: :D

Desert Rat
07-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Hookups or no hookups Paul. You know I'm a pansy :rollside:
You can have hookups way up on the hill but the water front sites require a gen. You do own a gen (with a "G") don't you? :squiggle: :D If you want the good water you have to sacrifice a little

LUVNLIFE
07-20-2005, 03:11 AM
You can have hookups way up on the hill but the water front sites require a gen. You do own a gen (with a "G") don't you? :squiggle: :D If you want the good water you have to sacrifice a little
Right on. Oh yea I own two of them. One with a G and one with a J :D

JetBoatRich
07-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Can we use our galf carts there :confused:

LUVNLIFE
07-20-2005, 03:36 AM
Can we use our galf carts there :confused:
You looking for a race :devil: :rollside:

JetBoatRich
07-20-2005, 03:55 AM
You looking for a race :devil: :rollside:
I think I better get some upgrades first :D

LUVNLIFE
07-20-2005, 04:04 AM
I think I better get some upgrades first :D
What kind of fun is it for me if you get upgrades :confused: :D

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Could be a possible hook up Mike ;) :D
let's make it happen Cale. it's a great lake with good campgrounds...it's on the small side, but that gives it character and for some reason most of the yahoo's stop short on the way out there and end up at Lake Comanche. If the group site is available...it's the shiznit. 1/2 mile private road (with a cattle gate at it's entrance that the ranger gives you a lock for) to a huge site that can easily accommodate a toter .... we had three 30+'ers out there and like 15 tent sites last week. The thing with the group site though is that you've got to reserve it like 364 days in advance....it gets booked that quickly. It's got 2 bathrooms, several BBQ's, picnic tables, a big private cove to moor the boats & swim, and a large permamanent shade gazebo right in the middle. It really is a steal at only like $100/nt.
if you and Jen ever get a wild hair and wanna head out there one weekend just let me know....would love to check out that new water rocket of yours.
Seeya,
MOB

Desert Rat
07-20-2005, 04:19 PM
The way the Army Corp works it your golf cart would count as your second vehicle on your spot (two motorized per site) not sure if the Park Rangers would have a problem with it. :idea: The group site is nice but again no hookups but nobody to tell you to turn of your gen at 10:00 (or in your case Cale turn one off and one on) :jawdrop: :D The group site is $100/night and i think you can only book at most 270 days out if its like the regular sites. I book on Reserveusa.com and you do need to have your days set out in advance. Ang and I usually have it figured out to reserve sometime around Christmas. I already have a family of 15 per year that show up but most not for the full week so we just get individual sites. This year we had 5 sites. :supp:
MOBrian I wish you would have gotten your light, that would of made me brake out the magnesium (sp) flares I have :devil: :D Cale and Jen.. I think we need to have a party to figure this out.
I do want to remind all that this is a VERY family orientated lake :sleeping: and that is how I like it. We have fun but try to keep it pretty clean as we all bring our kids and some even their parents. :jawdrop: This is where I have taught my oldest boy, nephews and other young family members about drinking/boating/camping and partying but with restraint and courtesy. You know building the next generation that we won’t mind being around.

Mrs Luvnlife
07-20-2005, 04:40 PM
let's make it happen Cale. it's a great lake with good campgrounds...it's on the small side, but that gives it character and for some reason most of the yahoo's stop short on the way out there and end up at Lake Comanche. If the group site is available...it's the shiznit. 1/2 mile private road (with a cattle gate at it's entrance that the ranger gives you a lock for) to a huge site that can easily accommodate a toter .... we had three 30+'ers out there and like 15 tent sites last week. The thing with the group site though is that you've got to reserve it like 364 days in advance....it gets booked that quickly. It's got 2 bathrooms, several BBQ's, picnic tables, a big private cove to moor the boats & swim, and a large permamanent shade gazebo right in the middle. It really is a steal at only like $100/nt.
if you and Jen ever get a wild hair and wanna head out there one weekend just let me know....would love to check out that new water rocket of yours.
Seeya,
MOB
Sounds like it would be a waaay good time!! We need more days in the year!! :squiggle: Wonder how far (hour wise) it is from our place :idea: .

Mrs Luvnlife
07-20-2005, 04:45 PM
Cale and Jen.. I think we need to have a party to figure this out.
LMAO!! Another excuse to have a party???? :idea: :D
turn of your gen at 10:00 (or in your case Cale turn one off and one on) :jawdrop: :D
:devil: Easy now!! :D
Hey Paul......MOB is a class act....one of THEE nicest guys I've met, sooo very down to earth and fun to hang with....too bad you didn't get a chance to meet up while you guys were all up there. And, I'm not making this statement in reference to your 'family oriented' statement, just sharing my experience of having met him. ;)

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 04:48 PM
.....MOBrian I wish you would have gotten your light, that would of made me brake out the magnesium (sp) flares I have :devil: :D
you're right. had I known it was a board member I would have.
I do want to remind all that this is a VERY family orientated lake :sleeping: and that is how I like it. We have fun but try to keep it pretty clean as we all bring our kids and some even their parents. :jawdrop: This is where I have taught my oldest boy, nephews and other young family members about drinking/boating/camping and partying but with restraint and courtesy. You know building the next generation that we won’t mind being around.
couldn't agree with you more. we go out there with 4 generations of our family....all 50+ in our crew were family and very close family friends of over 20 yrs with kids ranging from 3 mos to 75+ yrs. Hogan is our family getaway and we too want to keep it that way....we're there the same time every year and have been for MANY years. Which reminds me D-rat...did you hear those punks with the air horns and screaming at 1am, 1:30am, 2am, 2:30am, and 3am on Saturday night??? :mad: :mad: couldn't calm all of our dogs down after all that rauchous....we were pissed.
seems to me we need to have a HB weekend up there. :idea: :idea:

LUVNLIFE
07-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Seeya,
MOB
Looks like we just need to set something in stone and do it Mike :D

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
......MOB is a class act....one of THEE nicest guys I've met, sooo very down to earth and fun to hang with....too bad you didn't get a chance to meet up while you guys were all up there. And, I'm not making this statement in reference to your 'family oriented' statement, just sharing my experience of having met him. ;)
I appreciate the kind sentiments Jen....same goes for you and Cale. Good people without a doubt. I still can't believe you guys had that full cooler on the back of your toter waiting with my name on it at the drags. That was all-time! :cool: My buddies were like "dude, you're kiddin me right now.......you don't even know these people?" I was like "All I need to know is that they're HB peeps....it's all good" :D I still have a picture of that cooler with the sign on it somewhere. :D That really was too cool of you guys and I'll thank you eveytime we talk. :cool: Get your butts up here with that Daytona....I wanna ride in that bad-dog!
seeya,
Mike

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Looks like we just need to set something in stone and do it Mike :D
I'm all ears............... how about later in September when it cools down a bit and schedules start to free up. It'll only be like 95 up here then. :rolleyes: :)
seriously, I'd like to set something up and make it happen. Bring the kids and everything.
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-20-2005, 05:17 PM
my dad lives there and he loves it!!! nice place,i grew up on that lake...her454,is it true something is up with the store and gas station,is it out?,,i heard its going through a couple owners hands right now....

Just-Us
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
Sounds good.......thanks

Mrs Luvnlife
07-21-2005, 12:49 PM
I appreciate the kind sentiments Jen....same goes for you and Cale. Good people without a doubt. I still can't believe you guys had that full cooler on the back of your toter waiting with my name on it at the drags. That was all-time! My buddies were like "dude, you're kiddin me right now.......you don't even know these people?" I was like "All I need to know is that they're HB peeps....it's all good" I still have a picture of that cooler with the sign on it somewhere. That really was too cool of you guys and I'll thank you eveytime we talk. Get your butts up here with that Daytona....I wanna ride in that bad-dog!
seeya,
Mike
Anytime, Mike! I just tell it how I see it :D ! I could tell you were quality people just by your posts, knew I couldn't go wrong loading you and your buddies up with some brewskis and it was my pleasure and I'd do it again in a heartbeat ;) . Now Mike Oxbig....that's a whole nother story :D :D !
I'm all ears............... how about later in September when it cools down a bit and schedules start to free up. It'll only be like 95 up here then.
seriously, I'd like to set something up and make it happen. Bring the kids and everything.
I've got to grab Cale and sit down and look through the calendar, and you guys do the same....September may be a possibility, we're booked a couple weekends so far, but what's it like up there in October....early October? Wonder if Tony would be up for this lake :idea: . Anyhow, check your availability :D, we'll do the same and let's set something up, it would be mega fun!! :) Then we can look 364 days into the future and plan for next year :supp: :D .

MOBrien
07-21-2005, 04:53 PM
I've got to grab Cale and sit down and look through the calendar, and you guys do the same....September may be a possibility, we're booked a couple weekends so far, but what's it like up there in October....early October? Wonder if Tony would be up for this lake :idea: . Anyhow, check your availability :D, we'll do the same and let's set something up, it would be mega fun!! :) Then we can look 364 days into the future and plan for next year :supp: :D .
I'd be down to make the effort. The only issue with October is we could run into some early seasonal rain...which isn't a biggie for you toters, but us tenters would be F'd. :( We're actually heading back out there to the group site on the second weekend of Sept.....except this time the parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents...and old school drama are not coming. This one's just for our generation with our litt'lins. :D It was set up by my bro-in-law....another ***boater on these boards...but I'd be more than happy to check on the attendee status of that weekend if you've got any interest. :idea: If that doesn't work, we're so close it's a sinch for us to roll out there for a weekend and we're pretty open later in Sept & early Oct. Check outt your calendar and let's re-convene on this topic or jjust send me a PM since we totally hijacked Desert Rat's thread....sorry dude. :squiggle: :p
seeya,
Mike

Desert Rat
07-21-2005, 05:40 PM
you're right. had I known it was a board member I would have.
couldn't agree with you more. we go out there with 4 generations of our family....all 50+ in our crew were family and very close family friends of over 20 yrs with kids ranging from 3 mos to 75+ yrs. Hogan is our family getaway and we too want to keep it that way....we're there the same time every year and have been for MANY years. Which reminds me D-rat...did you hear those punks with the air horns and screaming at 1am, 1:30am, 2am, 2:30am, and 3am on Saturday night??? :mad: :mad: couldn't calm all of our dogs down after all that rauchous....we were pissed.
seems to me we need to have a HB weekend up there. :idea: :idea:
No we left Sat AM but what we found out is some local tard (we meet her) has the contract for the lake and lets her friends in to party without a Res. on any open campsite avail. We made a complaint to the ranger about a party on a Wed that was a little out of hand.. Good kids that quieted down once we asked them but were in the park free from what we found out. Had 4 show up on the camp site next to us and we figured it was the same deal so we informed them that we would check with the Ranger about the site and they left in about 5 min. If you had a problem PLEASE contact the Army at the Valley Springs site and let them know. I would love for this fat biatch to lose the contact and get her and her friends out of the place.

Mrs.JBR
07-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Rich and I are in on this one! Since it is 'Kid-friendly''!!
YOU-must have been in a hurry to get those Bud-lights home!!
Or...is that all I get, a quick wave?? (Vons parking lot,this evening)
See if I drink too much at your house again!!

LUVNLIFE
07-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Anytime, Mike! I just tell it how I see it :D ! I could tell you were quality people just by your posts, knew I couldn't go wrong loading you and your buddies up with some brewskis and it was my pleasure and I'd do it again in a heartbeat ;) . Now Mike Oxbig....that's a whole nother story :D :D !
Right on my wife is going to grab me :D

LUVNLIFE
07-21-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd be down to make the effort. The only issue with October is we could run into some early seasonal rain...which isn't a biggie for you toters, but us tenters would be F'd. :( We're actually heading back out there to the group site on the second weekend of Sept.....except this time the parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents...and old school drama are not coming. This one's just for our generation with our litt'lins. :D It was set up by my bro-in-law....another ***boater on these boards...but I'd be more than happy to check on the attendee status of that weekend if you've got any interest. :idea: If that doesn't work, we're so close it's a sinch for us to roll out there for a weekend and we're pretty open later in Sept & early Oct. Check outt your calendar and let's re-convene on this topic or jjust send me a PM since we totally hijacked Desert Rat's thread....sorry dude. :squiggle: :p
seeya,
Mike
Hey who is your Bro and Law on the boards :confused: We are down for it as well. I talked to Mike Oxbigg and I'll pick him up on the way. :rollside:

MrsJetDriver
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey shouldn't you be in bed by now? :wink: :D

LUVNLIFE
07-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Just got home had HazMat refresher in Camarillo. Just enough time to get home then get up again. :frown:

Mrs Luvnlife
07-22-2005, 06:37 AM
Check outt your calendar and let's re-convene on this topic or jjust send me a PM since we totally hijacked Desert Rat's thread....sorry dude. :squiggle: :p
seeya,
Mike
Sounds good Mike, as to not hijack DR's thread any longer, we'll start up a new thread on the subject and see if we can nail down a date and what not...or we'll go PM style ;) . Looks like we have a few other interested parties, not sure if that's for this year or for the 364 day into the future trip :D :D .

MOBrien
07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
OK, one last hijacking of this thread......I'm over 1000 posts! :D :D
guess I better get back to work or something............. ;)

Desert Rat
07-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Rich and I are in on this one! Since it is 'Kid-friendly''!!
YOU-must have been in a hurry to get those Bud-lights home!!
Or...is that all I get, a quick wave?? (Vons parking lot,this evening)
See if I drink too much at your house again!!
Wasn't sure who it was. I didn't recognize the car and you didn’t flash me as usual :eek: :D Sorry

Desert Rat
07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Don't worry about the thread if it pertains to Hogan it's all good!
Not sure if we have time to make another trip up this year. if I make one more trip up north it will be to Shasta to see my brother on his houseboat.

JEThro
07-22-2005, 06:23 PM
We will be having out annual "HallowRoost" the weekend of Oct 7th-9th. Last year we had about 30 boats for the weekend. If anyone is interested, here'a a link.
http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1492

LUVNLIFE
07-22-2005, 09:37 PM
We will be having out annual "HallowRoost" the weekend of Oct 7th-9th. Last year we had about 30 boats for the weekend. If anyone is interested, here'a a link.
http://www.banderlog.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=1492
Gonna have to check it out. I think I know some people that attended. Thanks for the link. :cool:

a catered life
07-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Some of us have to get up early for work :rolleyes:
hey rich i up at 4 out the house by 5 and posting by 6:45 :D

LUVNLIFE
07-23-2005, 03:47 PM
So just exactly how big is Hogan? Any underwater surprises :supp:

Mrs Luvnlife
07-23-2005, 04:43 PM
So just exactly how big is Hogan?
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Someone's gotta answer this...he's asking questions :D :D, this means there's a REALLY BIG possibility we'll have a date in the works :supp: :D :D .

LUVNLIFE
07-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Crap I just effed myself. I reread what I wrote. Oh well I'll take my beatings now. Damn I let my guard down. :frown:

Mrs.charitycase
07-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Last week at New Hogan
Water was glass ALL week, Weather was sweet too!!
Had a GREAT time. We have been going to this little piece of heaven in Nor Cal for about 12 years now and it is always great! :cool: :D
HEY NICE PICS!!!!!!!

Mrs.JBR
07-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Wasn't sure who it was. I didn't recognize the car and you didn’t flash me as usual :eek: :D Sorry
LMAO....meet me this morning 10:00 AM...FLASH WITH A FULLMOON :D

Mrs.JBR
07-24-2005, 08:08 AM
Hey...I miss you guys! Need you to come up..call me!

Aqua Boogie1
07-24-2005, 09:02 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: Someone's gotta answer this...he's asking questions :D :D, this means there's a REALLY BIG possibility we'll have a date in the works :supp: :D :D .
It 4400 sq. surface arces............................A really nice lake. Paul, really hate I missed you guys on this trip, definitly count me in on the next one!!!!! Hope to see you guys around. :cool:

Cas
07-24-2005, 09:25 AM
Count us in on it too! Love meeting new peeps!

Mrs Luvnlife
07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Hot damn....looks like this could be fun :) , we've got some interested parties and it'll only get better. I'm on my way to check dates with the ol man :D . Thanks for all the info!!

JetBoatRich
07-24-2005, 07:40 PM
hey rich i up at 4 out the house by 5 and posting by 6:45 :D
we do what we have to :hammerhea