PDA

View Full Version : Survived this years Tablerock Roost

DUECE'SDAD
07-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Me and a few friends went up, and we all survived with out much more that a sound violation ticket. Seemed like there were about 19 or so jets and 1 real boat (v-drive)! ! ! We had a good get away over on "our side", and really don't know what went on over at the hotel side. Water was very clean unlike many oklahoma lakes, and met/reaquainted with a few guys that will be invaluable friendships So that makes it all worth it ! ! ! Great little park with the cleanest bathrooms at any lake ever. Glad to finally get the boat wet for this year, and should be at the lake every weekend from here till the weather change, hope to meet up with some of you again. See ya in Oklahoma ! !

renegade516
07-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Cool dude, Sounds like you had a good time,Had to put a timing chain on the tow vehicle, Next year for sure :rollside:

switchin'addiction
07-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Same here.........had a great time & I made a lot of new, great friends even though I have a prop on my boat! I've got a lot of pics I will try to get posted some time today.

Carnivalride
07-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Same here.........had a great time & I made a lot of new, great friends even though I have a prop on my boat! I've got a lot of pics I will try to get posted some time today.
Post those pics for all us poor bums that wrenched on their boats all weekend and still don't hav'em done. :frown: :notam: :(
Seriously, glad you al had a great time, wish I could of made it. :cool:
Loren

Taylorman
07-19-2005, 11:07 AM
Pictures anyone?

switchin'addiction
07-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Post those pics for all us poor bums that wrenched on their boats all weekend and still don't hav'em done. :frown: :notam: :(
Loren
Wish you could have made it too!
I will get my pics up this evening hopefully. If not, tomorrow morning at the latest.
Steve

DUECE'SDAD
07-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Loren
You think you can have that thing going by, say the end of august. We are thinking of having a get together that could easily be as big as the roost at the middle to end of august here in Oklahoma a okmulgee lake, check your mapquest for that town and let me know if you would be interested, there will be at least 5 of us that were at the roost, and there is atleast 10 others that would be interested. We could do a friday night/saturday real low key no cost event and its a real clean little lake that dont get too choppy. Let me know if your interested, as we will be making the plans very shortly to get the word out. Just at glancing at my calender, August 20th looks good for me.

Ken F
07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
It was a great time, except for the Noise tickets. We are working on getting in contact with the Commander of the lake patrol, to see how we can work it out for next year. I talked to one of the lake patrol Sunday morning, and he told me that the commander was the one who wrote the tickets, wanting to make an impression on us about noise laws. Guess they received several complaints from people who live along the White River. He was really nice, and said had it been up to him, he would have handled it differently, but it wasn't. Stay tuned, as I think they are enforcing the law incorectly, so may possibly e able to get the tickets voided .
Also, Anyone who took pics, I would like to exchange snail mail addresses wtih you and hopefully get a compilation CD of all the pics everyone took put together, and post them all up in one place.
I'll try and get pics put up tonight also.
Ken F

Infomaniac
07-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Well I missed it AGAIN. Barely got my boat running on Thurs. and did not get all the bugs worked out until Sun evening. Would hate to show up to an event still building the boat.
Maybe next year.

RD Express
07-19-2005, 04:25 PM
Ken how did your boat run? How many boats were there?

Ken F
07-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Okay all, here are some pics of the boats at the Roost:
Barb Oblander, my Dad, Duane, Unchaned, and Carlson Jet
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3084/878DuneBoat.jpg
Emm & Jody catching a few rays...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878Emm_Jodie.jpg
CooterScooter Chat session
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878CooterScoot.jpg
Carlson Jet
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878CarlsonJet.jpg
Art Coons
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878ArtCoons.jpg
CooterScooter with JD Sizemore's Condor in the background
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878Kev_JD.jpg
Damon and his Condor
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878Damon.jpg
Mrs.Unchained....Mark never sits still too long and everywhere he goes, he goes fast!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878Unchained.jpg
Glad you got your alternator going, and thanks for letting me use your sternlight!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878roost05_024.jpg
The late Sunday speed run!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3173/878Pass.jpg

Ken F
07-19-2005, 06:13 PM
Roger,
Seems like there were 20 or 21 boats, only 14 registered though, so I'm not quite sure.
Boat ran great all weekend, GPS'd 86.1 Sunday evening. There's still some in there...Duane said he'd help me try to eek some more out next week. Acceleeration is just blinding though.......
Wish you and Donna could have made it!
KEn

NashvilleBound
07-19-2005, 07:07 PM
What marker area are you guys at?

progplb
07-19-2005, 07:36 PM
You think you can have that thing going by, say the end of august. We are thinking of having a get together that could easily be as big as the roost at the middle to end of august here in Oklahoma a okmulgee lake, check your mapquest for that town and let me know if you would be interested, there will be at least 5 of us that were at the roost, and there is atleast 10 others that would be interested. We could do a friday night/saturday real low key no cost event and its a real clean little lake that dont get too choppy. Let me know if your interested, as we will be making the plans very shortly to get the word out. Just at glancing at my calender, August 20th looks good for me.
Keep in touch that lake looks to be about an hour and half drive for me.
The crazy woman and I are definately interested.
Smoke on the water at Ft Cobb lake will be the 10th and 11th of sept.

DUECE'SDAD
07-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Keep in touch that lake looks to be about an hour and half drive for me.
The crazy woman and I are definately interested.
Smoke on the water at Ft Cobb lake will be the 10th and 11th of sept.
Im in for ft cobb and have already looked at their website www.smoke-on-the-water.com and was trying to figure out what class i thought i would be in. I am switching to a lower gear 15% overdrive this week along with adding a 6al msd box (i found in my garage) and putting on a tach to see what rpm's im turning, Those gears should give me some holeshot on jets. Looks like august 20th would be a good weekend for quite a few of us around here what about you. If so lets get it marked now, Any other jets or v-drives interested let me know. I will probably reserve one whole area (about 4-5 sites grouped together on the water) And we can all just camp together. I will keep all posted.

ONAROLL
07-20-2005, 12:25 AM
Had a good time, met some really good people,beautiful lake, and I gotta give credit to you guys that pulled so far, especially wowchad, my brotha you had your hands full start to finish, good job Ken.............
Duece's Dad,
Im in for Ft Cobb.............

Carnivalride
07-20-2005, 03:58 AM
DD,
It should be done but I've said that before, waiting on new pushrods and then the engine should be done so keep me posted. Yes I'm interested! Are there noise restriction, if so what are they at Okmulgee? I've got baffles but they hurt performance and don't quiet it that much.
Loren

progplb
07-20-2005, 05:21 AM
Im in for ft cobb and have already looked at their website www.smoke-on-the-water.com and was trying to figure out what class i thought i would be in. I am switching to a lower gear 15% overdrive this week along with adding a 6al msd box (i found in my garage) and putting on a tach to see what rpm's im turning, Those gears should give me some holeshot on jets. Looks like august 20th would be a good weekend for quite a few of us around here what about you. If so lets get it marked now, Any other jets or v-drives interested let me know. I will probably reserve one whole area (about 4-5 sites grouped together on the water) And we can all just camp together. I will keep all posted.
I talked to Karon yesterday and I think she is going to try to push the hyro's all up to at least pro stock and it is a multicarb class so no use in you switching manifolds to go to a single carb. I will be in super stock \ lake racer. If I put gas on that will put me all the way up to modified again.
So I am going to put that off for now. I am pretty open the whole month of august so let me know.

switchin'addiction
07-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Here are a few misc. pics from the weekend. Unfortunately I had most of my pictures from Saturday erased somehow:
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225831/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20101.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225832/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20106.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225833/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20101.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225834/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20117.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225835/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20116.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225836/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20134.jpg
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/225837/fullsize/Lake%20Pics%20125.jpg
Ken I just wanted to say thanks again for the hospitality & the great time this weekend!!

Carnivalride
07-20-2005, 08:50 AM
DD,
On that Ft Cobb deal they told me it was either going to be 1000' or 920'...you need short gears for that. Didn't you say you had 9s? Remember ETs is at the start. :D

DUECE'SDAD
07-20-2005, 09:36 AM
I heard it was 1000ft, Are you going ? ? I am going to see how the 15's do, and put a tach on it so i can see what im turning, i might go down to 9 or 12 for that race, it will be my first race

Carnivalride
07-20-2005, 10:38 AM
I heard it was 1000ft, Are you going ? ? I am going to see how the 15's do, and put a tach on it so i can see what im turning, i might go down to 9 or 12 for that race, it will be my first race
I just heard about it. :idea: Yes I'm going to try and go to it, looks like I'll try and run their superstock and prostock. I may not do well in the prostock but for another $15 for 2 runs I figure what the heck. I used to race 2-4 races a year between 94 & 99 but it just got too expensive raising kids. I would love to get back into it though! FYI: I'll be running 12's with an 11" x 16 and plan on spinning the motor a little. :D :D

wowchad
07-20-2005, 10:42 AM
We had a great time and the kids loved the warm lake.
Sorry I didn't get face time with everyone, however the wife says we need to stick some money into the jet and start bringing it so my guess is we'll be back :D
What is Max's (older guy with the Nordic) screen name?
Also switchin'addiction I meant to ask you what kind of ride you have. We liked the looks of it and couldn't see a brand name on it..........
Our Baja towed the kids for a total of 4 hours from Thursday to Sunday morning when we pulled out. The long lake worked great for avoiding big wakes and our two year old even got some tube action! We have a great picture of my six year old son sleeping on the tube as we went under the bridge, classic.
Ken thanks for a great, memorable put on!!!

max-a
07-20-2005, 01:19 PM
wowchad, the nordic is max-a, and we enjoyed our visit on the sand beach with you and your family. we also would be enterested in oklahoma thing

Pee Dub
07-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Hey DD, you coming down this weekend?

Infomaniac
07-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Oklahoma thing?
wowchad, the nordic is max-a, and we enjoyed our visit on the sand beach with you and your family. we also would be enterested in oklahoma thing

Infomaniac
07-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey DD, you coming down this weekend?
Where do you guys go on Tenkiller?

wowchad
07-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Max where do you usually post? I see it's your 1st post here on ***boat. Reguardless you and the Mrs have on sweet boat there, it's no wonder she does not want to sell it!!! We enjoyed our time with you on the water and hope it won't be the last. I want to take the family to Lake of the Ozarks next time down. Doubt Ken will go for it but if the next roost was there we'd be in for sure.....with our jet boat this time!

JasonSmith
07-20-2005, 09:01 PM
How were the noise tickets issued? If they were not done according to the SAEj2005 test the tickets are invalid! I have a copy of the test procedure in my boat and can fax it to anyone interested. I have gotten out of even being tested this year just by carrying the copy of the test and getting it out when the DB meter comes out. I also video my stops and the test so when, not if I go to court, I have the proof right there that the test was done incorrectly or there were outside factors that increased the reading, ie other boats, an airplane, people talking, the officer's radio. This noise stuff sucks, next there will be "lanes" and speed limits. :frown:

ONAROLL
07-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Both boats were approx 100ft side by side moving about 45mph toward a bridge, open headers on both, I looked to my right about 100 yards and saw a guy in a "fish/Ski hanging over the side with something in his hand pointing it at us, brain said "law enforcement" foot backed off the throttle, the patrolman then turned the device (decibil meter) toward Adams boat and then went into pursuit mode, measurement was at least 100yds away, Adam can add what the patrolman told him, but just to clear this up a little, we were not "side by side racing"..........just cruising....Vic

JasonSmith
07-21-2005, 04:31 AM
If memory serves me correctly, the only test that should be given on MO waterways is the SAEJ2005 test. it is a stationary test. I'll go to the MO website and look for mo info........stay tuned.

JasonSmith
07-21-2005, 04:36 AM
From MO's guidebook:
A motorboatÂ’s engine must have a factory-installed muffler or exhaust water manifold for noise reduction or another effective muffling system.
In waters of the Mississippi River, Missouri River, and lakes with a shoreline in excess of 160 miles:
Motorboats built January 1, 1996, or later must not exceed a noise level of 90 dBA when at idle speed and measured from a distance of 3 feet.
All must not exceed a noise level of 86 dBA when measured from a distance of 50 feet.
You may not remove or modify a muffler or muffling system if the result is increased noise level.
If the exhaust system uses water for muffling, it must comply with the noise level restrictions.
Were you really 100 feet? Can you prove it? If you were @ Eagle Rock going under the bridge there is a big rock bluff on the N. Side that would reallt make a big echo that would give a higher than static reading on a DB meter.

max-a
07-21-2005, 05:22 AM
wowchad, thanks for the reply, this is my first atempt to use a forum. as for lake of ozarks, there only a very places with enough flat water to have fun with a jet boat. you would do better with the boat you had at table rock. now that statement might some replys, but lake of ozarks is my home lake and it gets very rough on holidays. i mostly boat on the gasconade river with a 2056 shoal runner, here 3 feet is deep water.

DUECE'SDAD
07-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Every body deserves at least one noise ticket, i've had mine ! ! !

Unchained
07-21-2005, 08:21 AM
Ken Foster,
Thanks for all your efforts this year at Table Rock Lake.
We had a great time as usual.
After reviewing it I would say that Table Rock Lake is the nicest place I've boated at. There are some real nice places here in Mi. with sandy beaches but the size of the area at Table Rock and the beautiful Scenery is hard to beat.
The problems that some folks had with noise is no different than anywhere else.
Its just a fact of performance boating.
At a Michigan Hot Boat meet in May there were guys who got noise tickets and speed tickets.
Mark

JasonSmith
07-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Every body deserves at least one noise ticket, i've had mine ! ! !
Only if it was given correctly. Why would you want to get walked on? I have had one, it was merrited. 1300Hp on zoomies is too loud for recreational boating. Point being that if you let the water patrol get away with ticketing you, and you were not ticketed within the confines of the law's specific testing measures, you jeaopardize the future visits with more unwarranted hassle. Go to LOTO and see how it has gotten out of hand there. If they ticket you for noise, you leave the lake. PERIOD! You have 60 days to fix your boat and if you get caught back on the lake within that 60 days, without havijng your noise fixed, you get ARRESTED! Yes, ARRESTED, for noise!
Do you still think it is not a big deal? Fight the ticket if it was not issued within accordance of the law.

Ken F
07-21-2005, 07:15 PM
I appreciate the Thanks guys, but not necessary. I love the roost, and wish we could have about 10 per year!! lol It would be great to see some of you Oklahoma guys step up to the plate and put one on also...that would give us midwesterners at least one more to go to. (it would be nice to go to one as a participant, and do some partying!)
KEn F

texas-19
07-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Ken,
Thanks,for all the hospitality and the help with volt meter and thanks to the guy that loaned me the battery charger and extension cord,sorry i can't remember your name but i met alot of people.We had a great time and look forward to coming back if the noise thing gets resolved.Not sure i'm legal even with baffles and water.
Unchained,
Thanks for the ride,that was awesome,don't think i'll get a ride like that anytime soon.It was still pulling as hard at 100 as it was at 50.
The lake was the nicest we have been too also.When we went up the white river the water was so clear you could see the bottom at least 10' down.I wish i would of had my camera that day.
We did get some pics and will post then this weekend.
Mike

kp216
07-22-2005, 03:11 AM
Hey Mike - It was nice to meet you and the Mrs!
I promised you your video and here it is!
Texas-19 run (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=79849&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)

switchin'addiction
07-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Hey Mike - It was nice to meet you and the Mrs!
I promised you your video and here it is!
Texas-19 run (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=79849&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)
Nice vid!!

CARLSON-JET
07-22-2005, 07:29 AM
I would first like to thank Ken for again setting up the roost. Ken, you and your lady are really good poeple and I'm glad I got to hang out. The wake up call Sat morning was just what I need to start off the day. Dustin, Thank you and your wife for the camp spot and all the hospitality your friends Tim, Adam and their wonderful ladies showed (great crowd). Chad, It was really great finally meeting you and your wonderful family. Thanks for the tail to the marina when my fuel pump acted up. I hope we hook up some more this summer. I would also really like to thank HI-Techs Duane O and his kind wife for sharring their boat for what to date is the fastest I have ever been on water. Wow I still am Grinning from ear to ear. What a smooth ride. :) ONAROLL'S, Mark & wife (unchained), Perry (progplb), the Switchen Addictions, cooter scooter, Ken's wise-ass neighbor (forgetting name)and everyone else it was worth the 1400 mile round trip to meet you KIND and ENTERTAINING folks. I Hope to see you all again next year.............. Rob

northern baja
07-22-2005, 09:07 AM
wowchad, thanks for the reply, this is my first atempt to use a forum. as for lake of ozarks, there only a very places with enough flat water to have fun with a jet boat. you would do better with the boat you had at table rock. now that statement might some replys, but lake of ozarks is my home lake and it gets very rough on holidays. i mostly boat on the gasconade river with a 2056 shoal runner, here 3 feet is deep water.
It seems like seeing 3' on the depthfinder is followed by a slowdown soon after.
That is a great lookin' setup. Hopefully a ton of fun for ya!

DUECE'SDAD
07-22-2005, 09:16 AM
I appreciate the Thanks guys, but not necessary. I love the roost, and wish we could have about 10 per year!! lol It would be great to see some of you Oklahoma guys step up to the plate and put one on also...that would give us midwesterners at least one more to go to. (it would be nice to go to one as a participant, and do some partying!)
KEn F
Were up to the plate, Im aranging a get together at our local lake with the help of Tim and Adam. I think we should easily be able to have 20 jets and my v-drive if not more. There is no name as of yet and it will be a yearly deal, after I seen how easy it is to organize one and how laid back it it. The date is set for August 19, 20, and 21 Come when you want leave when you want. Its at Okmulgee lake in Okmulgee, Oklahoma, Small clean lake, no sandy beach but great for floating around. Im going this weekend to reserve about 3-4 spots that are next to a ramp and would accomodate about 10 tents. I will get a # for those of you that need electricity sites And there is no hotel. No cost and nothing provided but a good time if your willing. Oh yeah and if i get time to draw up some t-shirts I will have some printed and they will be given free. This lake wants to see some type of baffle that his wand will come into contact with it he sticks it into the end. They dont know what decibals are or how to gauge them.

texas-19
07-22-2005, 06:33 PM
Cooter,
It was nice meeting you and thanks a lot for the video,i really appreciate it.That's the first video i have seen of it.Kinda still runnin on the wet side so may be able to squeeze some more out of it.Hope to see you next year.

kp216
07-23-2005, 06:10 AM
You're welcome Mike. Good luck on airing the boat out.
Hey Ken, here's a run of your boat on Sunday evening.
Ken F run (http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=79852&password=&sort=7&thecat=500)
Kevin

INEEDAV
07-23-2005, 07:09 PM
How were the noise tickets issued? If they were not done according to the SAEj2005 test the tickets are invalid! I have a copy of the test procedure in my boat and can fax it to anyone interested. I have gotten out of even being tested this year just by carrying the copy of the test and getting it out when the DB meter comes out. I also video my stops and the test so when, not if I go to court, I have the proof right there that the test was done incorrectly or there were outside factors that increased the reading, ie other boats, an airplane, people talking, the officer's radio. This noise stuff sucks, next there will be "lanes" and speed limits. :frown:
Most states can test by SAE J1970, do you have that one too?

max-a
07-23-2005, 07:59 PM
northern baja i think you might have missed the shoal runner boat, they are aluminum 5 degree hulls with semi-vee bow, 350 indmar with dominator. mine is 20 feet and 56 inch bottom, and dyno's 482@5900/455lbs. i turn an A impeller at 4800, so we are down around 410hp.
but on this river 63mph is way too fast mosttime and places. 30 to 35 is a good cruising speed even over the 6 inch deep shoals. it gets fun. max

DUECE'SDAD
07-24-2005, 11:56 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_045.jpg
Here's a few pics i snapped off at the roost. It was hard to catch many boats gathered together at the same time, everybody was out cruising
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_049.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_052.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_061.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_062.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_063.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_064.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_065.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_068.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_070.jpg

DUECE'SDAD
07-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Here is the lovely wife, She loves the boat, all her money is invested ! ! !
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/744boatlove_041.jpg

taylormanss
07-25-2005, 06:57 AM
Hey KenF what kind of boat is that in the background floating with the other boats.It looks like a centurion tunnel,it has a white formula 5000 scoop on it.

texas-19
07-25-2005, 08:17 AM
Here is some pics we took
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock13.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock14.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock12.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock11.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock9.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock8.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock7.jpg

texas-19
07-25-2005, 08:22 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1830tablerock20.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock6.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock5.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock4.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock3.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/1830tablerock1.jpg

thark27
07-27-2005, 05:16 AM
I think it would be nice to have everyone out to Okmulgee it's pretty nice and clean. Maybe we can have a little get together one nite at the house since it is rite there. Just let me know if you need help with anything and I will do my best.

borderlinecrazy
08-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Everyone please check out the posts for JETFEST 2005 at Lake Mathis on this site and Texas***boats.com for one of the biggest and best Hot Boat events in the central states. We are expecting ***boat mag. to do a spot and the ***boats and Babes calender should be available soon. Check out the jetboating in Texas and you will be pleased and who knows.......you may just show up. :redface: :redface: :redface:

Jay321
08-06-2005, 05:58 AM
Toylorman, If you are talking about the boat in the back ground that has the grey and black on the side and also the second one at the top of page three, It is a 1985 Condor TX19. The boat was completly redone several years ago by Ervin Capps, the original builder. He said it is # 24 out of the mold. He also said it is in the top 5% of all the old TX19's. My wife and I have owned the boat for 5 years and only had it on the water maybe 10 times since we bought it. We have been offered 17 grand for the boat the past 2 years. Know way, could'nt get a new one for less than 30G, if it was availible. Jay