PDA

View Full Version : Parker Car Crash / anyone see it ?

carbonmarine
07-19-2005, 07:28 AM
Sat during the day I was at Fox's and saw a group of young guys, a few
gals just having fun at their park spot... ( not the bar ), they seemed between
20-25 y.o. and just hanging out .... I guess a few chose to go home sometime
in the late afternoon and ended up in a major accident right before town....
2 airlifted, one died ??....Does anyone know the story ??
Rick32 :chi:

barbigrl
07-19-2005, 07:32 AM
Sat during the day I was at Fox's and saw a group of young guys, a few
gals just having fun at their park spot... ( not the bar ), they seemed between
20-25 y.o. and just hanging out .... I guess a few chose to go home sometime
in the late afternoon and ended up in a major accident right before town....
2 airlifted, one died ??....Does anyone know the story ??
Rick32 :chi:
Oh Shit....we hung out at Fox's half the day!!! Shockwave Bob was there too.... Do you know what they looked like??

carbonmarine
07-19-2005, 07:50 AM
should have said hello... you know what I look like .. :cool:

ColeTR2
07-19-2005, 07:56 AM
I saw it just after it happen here is a link to my post sat. night. It was very BAD
Link To My Post (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85744)

CandyA$$
07-19-2005, 08:32 AM
Gosh a terrible thing

Redneck
07-19-2005, 08:34 AM
I hate hearing these things

CandyA$$
07-19-2005, 01:29 PM
So did anyone find out any details?

Water Romper
07-19-2005, 01:48 PM
I poked around the local newspapers (via the internet) and nothing....
Seems that would be pretty big news for that little town...sad news at that! :frown:

barbigrl
07-19-2005, 01:54 PM
should have said hello... you know what I look like .. :cool:
Yes I do......and I did not see ya!!! You should have walked up to me and said "Hey aren't you on ***boat?" hahahaa..... :D

barbigrl
07-19-2005, 03:00 PM
according to some local knowledge ! three confirmed dead (californians) ages 18-19. they side swiped a local couple who owns "colorado river awnings". they are fine, but none of the kids made it. it happened right at the construction site out on the road by badenochs. ironically, the same day as the funeral of bill herrick the owner of badenochs :frown: slow it down people :hammerhea - keyes
My god....I was staying right next store to Badenochs.....did not even see or hear it!! That is horrible... :frown: Makes you appreciate life more.

riverbound
07-19-2005, 03:06 PM
according to some local knowledge ! three confirmed dead (californians) ages 18-19. they side swiped a local couple who owns "colorado river awnings". they are fine, but none of the kids made it. it happened right at the construction site out on the road by badenochs. ironically, the same day as the funeral of bill herrick the owner of badenochs :frown: slow it down people :hammerhea - keyes
Whos fault??

riverbound
07-19-2005, 03:14 PM
again, hearsay - witness's say kids were swerving and passing double yellows and side swiped while passing. alan should have more of the 411 on this !!! i just heard 10 mins ago.
Oh. The reason I ask we have always used Colorado River awnings and my parents have become frineds with the owners over the years.

Wake Havasu
07-19-2005, 03:17 PM
My kids are not driving 'till there 30!
Nor will I allow them in a car with a driver under 30!
This is so senseless.
Sad sad sad.

little rowe boat
07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
I guess the big question is. Are the people that died anyone from the boards?

JetBoatRich
07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
My kids are not driving 'till there 30!
Nor will I allow them in a car with a driver under 30!
This is so senseless.
Sad sad sad.
:( not driving until they are 30 :rolleyes:

Tequila-John
07-19-2005, 04:32 PM
O.C. teen dies, 2 hurt in Arizona crash
Their car crosses into oncoming traffic and hits another car head-on.
By JOHN McDONALD
The Orange County Register
A head-on crash along a stretch of desert highway straddling California and Arizona killed a 17-year-old boy and injured his two teen companions, all from Huntington Beach, officials said today.
William "Cody" Roy, 17, died at the crash scene, and Jeff Davis, 18, and Derek Demun, 17, were hospitalized after the collision, which happened about 5 p.m. Saturday, Arizona Department of Public Safety officer John Stein said.
Investigators said Davis was driving as the trio traveled southbound on U.S. Highway 95 near Parker, Ariz. Their car crossed into the northbound lane and collided head-on with another car. A second northbound car then struck the rear of the first car.
Demun was reported in fair condition at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix. Davis was at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix but information on his condition was not available. One person in the other car involved in the head-on was treated for minor injuries.
The cause of the accident was being investigated, Stein said.

CandyA$$
07-20-2005, 07:56 AM
Dang kids today.
I thought the law had changed on drivers licenses for kids.
can get license at 16 but cannot drive with anyone under 18 or 25, until they turn 18 then they have more priveleges.
IS this correct?