PDA

View Full Version : Boat Fire

Tyson Ross
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Anyone else see the wakeboard boat that was burnt to a crisp E/B I-10 between Chiraco Summit and Desert Center yesterday?

mbrown2
07-19-2005, 09:24 AM
I past it going the other way....the trailer near the front looked newer...you must have been backed up a while...sucked...boat and trailer burn't to the metal...

Tyson Ross
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
I WAS making excellent time.

Adolph
07-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Any pics of thie said fire?

Whipped Caliber
07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
We saw it, didn't know what it was to far gone!! :eek:

mbrown2
07-19-2005, 09:48 AM
When I passed it the fire was out, and I did not have the camera handy...only reminents of the hull left and the engine...trailer completely burned as well...I kept wondering how it caught on fire...maybe hubs on the trailer locked up or tire flat or rim generating heat....pretty weird..

barbigrl
07-19-2005, 09:49 AM
Anyone else see the wakeboard boat that was burnt to a crisp E/B I-10 between Chiraco Summit and Desert Center yesterday?
We rolled by this too...looked pretty bad, they had stopped the freeway on that side.

Ziggy
07-19-2005, 09:57 AM
When I passed it the fire was out, and I did not have the camera handy...only reminents of the hull left and the engine...trailer completely burned as well...I kept wondering how it caught on fire...maybe hubs on the trailer locked up or tire flat or rim generating heat....pretty weird..
Wife and I were discussing how it caught fire too....we figured maybe he was a smoker and his own ashes or cig butt landed in the boat when he tossed 'em. Glad I was traveling west at the time.

Tyson Ross
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
When I went by it the owner appeared to have been long gone. I guess you can only watch your boat burn for so long!! :jawdrop: After it was too late I thought a pic would have been a good idea.

Tyson Ross
07-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Maybe being that it was like 200 degrees outside??? :mad:
I passed it about 5:30pm. 10 miles back from it an ambulance passed me going code. Never saw it at the scene. Someone may have got burned or heatstroke?

Mike.A
07-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Heard from a freind that when he passed, smoke & flame coming from the tire/rim.
Several minutes later they could see big smoke behind them. He said there was a bunch of people standing arround when he passed and seemed to have it under control, I guess not.

Tyson Ross
07-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Hope they were current on their insurance. :eek: Based on their direction of travel I would say their vacation was a bit ruined.

mbrown2
07-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Maybe being that it was like 200 degrees outside??? :mad:
I passed it about 5:30pm. 10 miles back from it an ambulance passed me going code. Never saw it at the scene. Someone may have got burned or heatstroke?
I passed it around 3pm...and the fire had been out for sometime...maybe the heatstroke was for someone waiting in the traffic jam...

SummitKarl
07-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Wife and I were discussing how it caught fire too....we figured maybe he was a smoker and his own ashes or cig butt landed in the boat when he tossed 'em. Glad I was traveling west at the time.
hey now!!!!!!!!!! I was not there and had nothing to do with it :D