PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento "Bridge to Bridge" Riverfront Festival

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 11:54 AM
this is posted in the sandbar too.......
It's this weekend (July 23rd & 24th) and should be a great time as it has been in past. Come on out and watch 40-50 Hot Boats (Skaters, Eliminators, Cigs, Fountains, etc...) do radar passes, and other activities which have included cracker box races, jets, drag demonstrations, etc....... It's a fun time an a great way to spend the day....and it's free. A small fee to walk the docks and take a close look at the hardware if you choose.
http://images.ibsys.com/sac-structure/images/sponsors/bridgetobridge/bridgetobridge_1_buffer.jpg

abraman1326
07-19-2005, 01:13 PM
We all need to pick a spot to hang. Did you say you would be a Del Rio or something like that? What time do you have to get there to get in there all day?
BRA

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 02:57 PM
What time do you have to get there to get in there all day?
BRA
Space is limited and that's a trade secret......j/k :p :p actually, it's kinda a crap-shoot. We got there at like 11:00am, waited for about an hour and scored a nice table on the balcony at Rio City. Then dropped $20's to our waiter every now & then so he wouldn't kick us out for a lunch/food customer. We drank at that table all day and had a blast.
not sure if we're headed back there or to Joe's Crab Shack this time to switch it up.......

DAVEO
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
What day you going to be there?

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
not sure yet......maybe both. :D
I sure hope R52 gets his junk dialed in. I think he punched out 105 last year and is hoping ffor like 115 this time around. I hear Robbie Racer isn't coming this year??? Unfortunate since he blew by at like 141 last year and was quite impressive.
I think this heatwave will restrict anyone from going into the 150 range.
can't wait.....4 more days and it's on! :eek: :2purples: :D

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 04:01 PM
What day you going to be there?
Uh Oh!!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: somebody's got a new avatar........ :idea:
how about a bigger pic of that sucker Dave? details please.......

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I will be there sunday for sure :cool:

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 04:24 PM
I will be there sunday for sure :cool:
what's Semper bringing out this year Rob? Same or something bigger badder faster? :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2005, 04:34 PM
what's Semper bringing out this year Rob? Same or something bigger badder faster? :crossx:
Semper wont be there but Bob is bringing his boat from what I hear.. :D

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Semper wont be there but Bob is bringing his boat from what I hear.. :D
would that be the yellow and green daytona that he took up to Shasta last month??? couple of v10's in there? You bringing your boat up or just sidlining?

Eliminator 4 Life
07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
would that be the yellow and green daytona that he took up to Shasta last month??? couple of v10's in there? You bringing your boat up or just sidlining?
No Bob is bringing Sempers daytona from last year :cool:

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 05:01 PM
awe damn, that boat's slow. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey BOYS, I'M FINALLY RUNING STRONG!!!!!! READY TO RUN. BUT BOYS !! I NEED HELP GETTING IT DOWN HERE!!! I BOUGHT A NEW CAR LAST WEEKEND, AND IT WON'T PULL IT WELL OVER THE
HILLS.!!!!! ANYONE WANT TO HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
awe damn, that boat's slow. :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey BOYS, I'M FINALLY RUNING STRONG!!!!!! READY TO RUN. BUT BOYS !! I NEED HELP GETTING IT DOWN HERE!!! I BOUGHT A NEW CAR LAST WEEKEND, AND IT WON'T PULL IT WELL OVER THE
whatchya got & where do you need to put it? I'm in EG...just a stone's throw from you......

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:22 PM
whatchya got & where do you need to put it? I'm in EG...just a stone's throw from you......
I'M STUCK IN TAHOE, I'VE GOT A 24 DAYTONA 502 , I JUST DON'T WANT TO PULL ALONE (SUPERSTIOUS) !!!!!!! AND ALL.
I HAVE THE TRUCK AND EVERYTHING I JUST DON'T WANT TO BE ALONE!!!!! OH AND IT FOR SALE THATS WHY I WANT IT DOWN HERE SO I CAN SHOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOBrien
07-19-2005, 05:28 PM
what the hell are ya doin stuck in Tahoe all alone with a 24 Daytona? :hammerhea

DAVEO
07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Uh Oh!!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes: somebody's got a new avatar........ :idea:
how about a bigger pic of that sucker Dave? details please.......
Hay Mo,
Goto my member gallery For some reason I cant post pics. Took me this long to figure out how to change my avtar. :confused:
1996 twenty foot stoker with 2.5 merc 260HP. Ran it to 70 sat. going out for more seat time before shasta.

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I Just Sold My House In Shasta!!!!!! (it's Not A Tahoe Boat) I Have A New Boat On Order,, But The Eliminator Needs To Go!!!!!! Shes Got New 502 Last Week In Tahoe Pushing 800hp Thats @ 7500 Ft, She Running Clean And Pretty!!!!!@!!!!!!!! She Just Needs A New Home!!!!!!!!!

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:39 PM
How Do You Post Pics????????

DAVEO
07-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I dont know Ive been trying for months. :squiggle:

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Same Here!!!!!! I Can Download!!!!!!! But No Uploads!!!!!!!!!

DAVEO
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
They will go in the member gallery but they are not the right image type? Go :angry2: figure

SHASTA HOTTIE
07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
HOW THE F!!!!!!!!! knows

DAVEO
07-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Its bull SH#!.

Flashwave
07-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Watch it. It will be very, very fast again this year. :wink:

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Hay Mo,
Goto my member gallery For some reason I cant post pics. Took me this long to figure out how to change my avtar. :confused:
1996 twenty foot stoker with 2.5 merc 260HP. Ran it to 70 sat. going out for more seat time before shasta.
I went throught there yesterday. Dave, it looks really good. Now you can out run MO. What are you doing w/ the Costco Cruiser?
BRA

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 08:32 AM
What sort of weight are we talking about. If you need some help getting it over the hill, I may be down. When are you looking to get r done???
BRA

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 10:53 AM
......Now you can out run MO.
that'll be short-lived if I've got anything to say about it............. :D
at least you'll still be lookin at my drive shower BRA. hehehehheh :p :p :p

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 11:03 AM
MO,
I can row pretty fast, but you are right, I'd be drenched. I would only dream to run 64.253218965524798 I am hoping to get this motor out in the next few weeks, and get this problem figured out...
BRA

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 12:03 PM
MoBrien ??? We are going up Thur. afternoon.If we launch at discovery park (richards blvd??) Is there any restarants with docks around there. I remember eating at a chevy's a long time ago,but not sure.Thanks bro.

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 12:22 PM
MoBrien ??? We are going up Thur. afternoon.If we launch at discovery park (richards blvd??) Is there any restarants with docks around there. I remember eating at a chevy's a long time ago,but not sure.Thanks bro.
I'm assuming you're gonna be here all weekend right? Yep, Discovery Park launch area is off Richards Blvd & I-5....simple ramp in a small slough.
*If you run a half mile south you'll be in Old Town where you've got docks and Rio City Cafe & Joe's Crab Shack right on the water. Cruise into old town....which is right there, and you've got a bunch of other eating/drinking options too. Fanny Ann's for burgers and Jack-n-cokes is always good.
*if you run a half mile north, you've got Chevy's, Crawdad's, The Blue Gecko and a few others just a little further north of them.
basically, you've got several options in either direction and dock space to accommodate wherever you decide.
don't think we're gonna put the boat in the water this time.....visibility sucked last year (Saturday) and we spent the day at Rio City overlooking the river for Sunday and it was a great place to watch. One way or another we'll see you out there!
-MOB

RACER52
07-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I'll be up Friday morning to criuse around with everyone.
Gonna try and water test again before then. Rcvd a new fuel pump in the mail today. Will install later and try to hit the water.
If all goes well we will push the screws a little harder for the weekend :hammerhea
Semper's boat wont be as fast, he got tired of breaking push rods and
springs etc. and changed to hydrolic rollers. So the rpms will be a little less.
Still a fast grocery getter..
Racer

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Thanks for the info MOB. Yea we will be there thur.- sun.I s it safe to leave the truck and trailer at DP for 4 days. See you there my wife will be wearing a white tank top that says REAL MEN DRIVE CATS :hammerhea see ya there.

acatitude
07-20-2005, 12:42 PM
hey guys Ill be hanging around friday afternoon also. Can I bum a ride with someone, since im boatless this wekend maybe.????
your wife stll has that tank top???????????? :2purples: :2purples: j/k

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the info MOB. Yea we will be there thur.- sun.I s it safe to leave the truck and trailer at DP for 4 days. See you there my wife will be wearing a white tank top that says REAL MEN DRIVE CATS :hammerhea see ya there.
you're leaving the boat in the water for 4 days??? where are you guys staying?

deltarat
07-20-2005, 12:57 PM
Same Here!!!!!! I Can Download!!!!!!! But No Uploads!!!!!!!!!
E Mail your pics to me and I will post them for you.

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 01:03 PM
hey guys Ill be hanging around friday afternoon also. Can I bum a ride with someone, since im boatless this wekend maybe.????
your wife stll has that tank top???????????? :2purples: :2purples: j/k
LOL. She had to get a new one I think racer52 stole her last one,he wears it every night for bed.BTW Troy thanks for letting me drive your boat in McClure and Towing my ass back in again. You are a preety cool dude I don't care what Phoebe say's about you. :)

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
you're leaving the boat in the water for 4 days??? where are you guys staying?
Embassy. Should I be pulling it every night. They told me they have 24 hr security. :frown: :mad: :2purples:

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Does Embassy have docks? I didn't know that? I'm not too sure I'd leave the rig at Discovery for 4 days. But then again, I don't think I'd leave anything that nice anywhere for 4 days, so i guess I'm just a bit paranoied, and I don't really have anything that nice. Just my .02...
BRA

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine that was on the water for it a couple years ago, and he said it was pretty hairy there after everything got done, Discovery Park. He said a couple guys were beating eachother w/ chains and crap, so if you can pull the truck somewhere else, you might get better piece of mind...
BRA

Dave C
07-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Can you get to this event and see it from the water?

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 01:28 PM
I just talked to a friend of mine that was on the water for it a couple years ago, and he said it was pretty hairy there after everything got done, Discovery Park. He said a couple guys were beating eachother w/ chains and crap, so if you can pull the truck somewhere else, you might get better piece of mind...
BRA
Thanks for the info Im going to call and see if I can park at the hotel.

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Embassy. Should I be pulling it every night. They told me they have 24 hr security. :frown: :mad: :2purples:
if they've got 24/hr security on the docks you're probably ok. as for leaving your rig/trailer over in disco park.....you're probably ok there too but I'd only leave it there if the majority of the other participants are leaving their big $$ rigs there too... if you see them pulling their rigs out to another location I'd follow them.

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 01:37 PM
the course is shut down at the north and south ends....you can't see anything. better off viewing from somewhere on land.

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
It's been said that you can't see very well from the water. The place to be is on the shore in old town. Mo did it last year, and my buddie said when he did it 2 years ago, the Sheriff had him moving around all day. 1 would say be here, and another would say be there. Come, get on the docs w/ everyone else, and hopefuly wecan all hang out all day and knock back a few silver bullets. What day are you going?
BRA

T-Bag
07-20-2005, 01:57 PM
We will be at Joes crab shack on sat for some drinks ;) and a little food. Guru is supposed to in the area too. Rumer has it he is doing a drag boat demonstration!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Old habits never die just hybernate.

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
.......Guru is supposed to in the area too. Rumer has it he is doing a drag boat demonstration!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Old habits never die just hybernate.
shiat, they don't even hybernate......he was turning 1/4's at 165+mph in Chowchilla last month running a capsuled TAF. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 02:06 PM
It's been said that you can't see very well from the water. The place to be is on the shore in old town. Mo did it last year, and my buddie said when he did it 2 years ago, the Sheriff had him moving around all day. 1 would say be here, and another would say be there. Come, get on the docs w/ everyone else, and hopefuly wecan all hang out all day and knock back a few silver bullets. What day are you going?
BRA
Hang out all day,you better hang out all night that is when the show makes the turn from boats to women. :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe

ELIMINAT THIS
07-20-2005, 02:10 PM
We will be at Joes crab shack on sat for some drinks ;) and a little food. Guru is supposed to in the area too. Rumer has it he is doing a drag boat demonstration!!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Old habits never die just hybernate.
Are you running the HTM.

abraman1326
07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Hang out all day,you better hang out all night that is when the show makes the turn from boats to women. :lightsabe :lightsabe :lightsabe
The freaks come out at night??? I live in Vacaville,so it's all pretty close for me. What's the plan ya'll? Is there a schedule of events for this event. What do they do on Sat, and what do they do on Sun? I'm trying to figure out which day to go. I can't do both...
BRA

Dave C
07-20-2005, 03:58 PM
thanks for the info.

diggler
07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm participating and plan on staying Saturday night up there. Keep an eye out for me!

MOBrien
07-20-2005, 05:06 PM
hey diggler.....haven't had the chance to be on the water with you YET, but we have some mutual HB friends and I've heard a few things about that boat of yours......except no pics. What's it look like so we know you're you when you make your runs???? If I'm on the water, look for the Cheetah in my sig and flag me down.
later,
MOB

DAVEO
07-20-2005, 07:20 PM
I went throught there yesterday. Dave, it looks really good. Now you can out run MO. What are you doing w/ the Costco Cruiser?
BRA
Gotta keep the cruser.

diggler
07-21-2005, 06:22 AM
hey diggler.....haven't had the chance to be on the water with you YET, but we have some mutual HB friends and I've heard a few things about that boat of yours......except no pics. What's it look like so we know you're you when you make your runs???? If I'm on the water, look for the Cheetah in my sig and flag me down.
later,
MOB
Here's a picture of the boat.... It's named "Power Factor" on the back of it. I'll be on display on K Street during the day when not on the water.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/142DSC00102.JPG
Here's a pic of me in it.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/142DSC00125.JPG

T-Bag
07-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Are you running the HTM.
We will be leaving it at home this time..

abraman1326
07-21-2005, 08:43 AM
So Diggler, you going to be part of the show? I'd love to see you spray over the Bridge. Looking forward to seeing you again.
So is there a concensious as to where we'd all like to meet up yet. I still haven't found a schedule of events. What are they doing day to day up there???
BRA

diggler
07-21-2005, 09:12 AM
BRA, here's the website for schedule of events:
http://www.discovergold.org/bridge2bridge/

abraman1326
07-21-2005, 09:23 AM
Thank you. Looks like Keith is hoping to make it in the Carrera. He's looking for someone to help him. I'd do it as long as he has left that beautiful interior in the boat...
BRA

RACER52
07-21-2005, 09:33 AM
I dont see any problem with leaving the truck and trailer at D.P all
weekend. There are so many expensive rigs there that our little tug boat trailers wont stick out like a sore thumb. The boat in the water all weekend
is fine too. They do have 24 hr. security.
I got stopped a few time going down to check on my boat..
Racer

MOBrien
07-21-2005, 10:30 AM
So is there a concensious as to where we'd all like to meet up yet.
BRA
We don't really have a plan. My folks are coming up on Friday and it looks like we're gonna be land-bound for Saturday's events....milling around near Rio/Joe's and Old town. Sunday we are gonna be on the water because we'll have had our fill of sidline spectating from Saturday.....but we'll be in the area Sunday too.

abraman1326
07-21-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm goping to be land bound on Sat as well. I just want to be able to see everything the best I can. Not even going to try to put the boat in the water. I hope we run into eachother. You still have my number?
BRA

acatitude
07-21-2005, 12:10 PM
there will be lots of trailers and trucks at DP launch area, its no problem. there is lots of docking whwere the event is being held, but for enetred boats only. Dont bother trying to watch the event from your boat , you cant get close enough to see anything. your better bet is joes or delta queen just hang out drink and watch the girls, oh and the boats every once in a while