PDA

View Full Version : Needles To Havasu?

payloan
07-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Has anyone made the trip on water. How long, is it worth it?

Water Romper
07-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Done it many times…the Topok Gorge is really neat…then you will come upon the sandbar then you will pass Windsor Beach and launch ramp then the cannel/London Bridge…the time frame is dependent on your speed/ traffic and water heights.
I usually take several hours because we float etc. watch for the Lake lice and the big cats come running through pretty fast too.
Can be a fun trip… :D

Water Romper
07-19-2005, 03:25 PM
....and further more....
I did it from Laughlin to the London Bridge a few times but it’s a long haul… :supp:

DUSTINU
07-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm an idiota!!! See below

DUSTINU
07-19-2005, 03:29 PM
I am a dumbass... I went Havi to Bullhead long drive.
Needles to Havi, Fun as hell must do. The gorge is awsome go very early am and you will love it.

Mandelon
07-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Yes. Gorge is awesome. Maybe 40 minutes at cruising speed. Yes.

Caribbean Jet
07-19-2005, 03:39 PM
....and further more....
I did it from Laughlin to the London Bridge a few times but it’s a long haul… :supp:
We've also made this trip, Its a long ride but worth it. You'll have a good time.

pixilatedpussy
07-19-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey...we do it all the time! Very worth it! When ya goin out? We are goin again this weekend!

2Driver
07-19-2005, 04:25 PM
If you know the river your fine and it will be an awesome trip.
If not, play it cool watch other boats and follow suit (usually a good idea). I have run it in many boats including Jets, props and even jet skis. There are a few places that are tight if you are running a prop north of I-40 but you should be ok.
If it is just a scenic ride and farting around, I would turn back at the sandbar (Blankenship Bend on the map). If it is Havasu you are after, leave plenty of time to get back up river. There are mile markers on the CA side.
Hope that helps.

charlyox
07-19-2005, 05:22 PM
Do it!

Nubbs
07-19-2005, 08:48 PM
I The gorge is awsome go very early am and you will love it.
Last time I was there we launched at 7:00 am at Havasu Marina and headed up to Topoc. The gorge was unbelievable. The water was smooth as glass all the way to Topoc.

bunny 166
07-19-2005, 08:50 PM
It's a really neat ride....do it! :p

Coach
07-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Great trip in a bigger boat on the weekends. The Gourge is rought as hell on the weekends by mid afternoon. If you are there on a Monday or Friday it is a great trip with very few people out there. We have a 21 ft boat and it is rough, but we still do it a few times a year. The Gourge is the Grand Canyon of the Water (you can only access it by boat) and is great. Stop by Topac on the way and have a drink. :D :D

AirtimeLavey
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
That's a great run. Less than an hour....how much less depends on how hard you run it. Pretty scenic (both nature and human ;) ). It'll remind about how much you love boating.... :D :cool:

jbtrailerjim
07-20-2005, 05:34 AM
Heading up river, how far is Needles from the I-40 bridge? I ran from Havasu on Sunday to probably 3 or 4 miles above I-40 and turned around.....Great drive btw.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-20-2005, 06:45 AM
i did the run a few weeks ago. i launched out of Jack Smith and took my time to the gorge. it was a Sunday and a little choppy but not bad in my 22'.

payloan
07-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey...we do it all the time! Very worth it! When ya goin out? We are goin again this weekend!
Well I have some freinds staying in needles but our Regatta (Dana) is this weekened. There plan is to make the ride early morning which I guess I could break off and do the Regatta thing and head back down river with them. It's an adult trip this weekened and we will have 2 other couples on our boat oh yeah and it will officially be our first trip to Havasu. Please see my other post on "do's and dont's and what to bring" @ the zoo