PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Bute lake??

nodigg
07-19-2005, 04:53 PM
I am considering looking in to buying some New Mexico property soon. Anyone in the area havea any comments on good and bad areas as far as weather and lakes go?

full throttle
07-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Nice lake. Been there when it gets VERY windy. Lots of cool camping spots. I heard wierd stuff used to go on around there. Some people got busted for making snuff films or something like that. I've also heard once in a while they would find body parts on or around the water. Have not heard any thing like that in quite some time though.

Red Horse
07-19-2005, 07:01 PM
T or C is near there, so that is where the weird stuff comes from. Mostly undeveloped. On the east side, mountains, that area is the Armandaris ranch owned by Ted Turner. Prolly wont get developed for quite some time. Lots of wildlife there. Ornx, buffalo, deer, goats and mountain cats in the higher elevations. And some damn good quail hunting. They do have drought issues like Mead and Powell. The Rio Grande is used allot for irrigation downstream so that is what drives most of the water flow. Long lake with few coves. If you want to get away from it all, good place.

Seadog
07-20-2005, 07:38 AM
My SIL has a great place there, but they had to move when her husband's brother died. He was working with his brother and was unable to operate the business alone. I think the property is available for sale. Right now it is rented, but the renter is leaving. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you details.

carreraboat
07-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Go there every other weekend! nice place pm me i will give you my phone number i will give you the scoop
bo

Shark In The Pond
07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Go there every other weekend! nice place pm me i will give you my phone number i will give you the scoop
bo
WTF ...where you been,waz up, que pasa ?

AZKC
07-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Interesting how a New Mexico thread got started in the Central section. But it is a nice lake and yes it can get very windy.

carreraboat
07-21-2005, 06:49 AM
el sharko been working my tail off i bet you have too! when it slows down a little we are going to have to get on the horn and catch up gotta start planning our turkey day get together

nodigg
07-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Nice lake. Been there when it gets VERY windy. Lots of cool camping spots. I heard wierd stuff used to go on around there. Some people got busted for making snuff films or something like that. I've also heard once in a while they would find body parts on or around the water. Have not heard any thing like that in quite some time though.
SHITE! :supp:

nodigg
07-21-2005, 09:59 AM
My SIL has a great place there, but they had to move when her husband's brother died. He was working with his brother and was unable to operate the business alone. I think the property is available for sale. Right now it is rented, but the renter is leaving. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you details.
Yes, pm the details if you will please.

ridebig
07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I have had a vacation home there for many years. About two years ago the lake really started to drop,down to about 5% of capacity. (a lot of politics involved) :boxingguy
The run off this year brought it up to about 50%. About 450,000 acre feet.
Can get windy in the spring time, but pretty nice overall.
Real estate is cheap right now, but should rise quickly due to lake level and the re-opening of the local golf course. (Invester from Colo. is spending big bucks on course.)
Definitly worth a look!! :idea:

Ol Yeller
08-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Awesome lake to take 4 wheelers, a 4wd and camping gear! Sandy bottom w/ super clear water. At least thats how it was in '88 last time I was there.

nodigg
08-06-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm planning on checking it out in person this fall. Thanks for all the responses!

Seadog
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I haven't forgotten about getting that info for you, but its been a little chaotic for me lately.

humphrey
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I am considering looking in to buying some New Mexico property soon. Anyone in the area havea any comments on good and bad areas as far as weather and lakes go?
My brother was a fishing guide at Elephant Butte Lake for 15 years before he passed away. E.B. Lake is the largest Striper Fishery in the Southwest. One of his client's hold the New Mexico State Record at 52.5 lbs and his average catch was between 28 and 34 lbs. In addition to Stripers, there are bass, catfish, pike, and large quantities of white bass.
If you are interested in golfing, the Oasis course has been purchased and currently being reworked. Planned opening is late this year/early next.
While the terrain is desert, the climate is outstanding seldom reaching 100%! Great advantage compared to Phoenix or some of the other neighboring resorts.
Our retirement plans were changed when my wife lost her job and we relocated to Oklahoma where her family resides. We have a 2000 Palm Harbor manufactured home on 1/2 acre with an oversided detached garage with unobstructed view of the desert and mountains. It is well landscaped and sits on a half basement. The address is 104 Black Range and is approx 1 miles to the Oasis Golf Course and the main Boat Ramp.
If you have any questions, please contact my cell 405-406-3620 or e-mail address humphrey5785@sbcglobal.net.