PDA

View Full Version : Jamaica..............

a catered life
07-20-2005, 05:53 AM
for all those lucky people that may be going to the island of fun this week have a great trip and safe return.......some of us have to work to pay for the mounting air conditioner bill's :frown: p.s if you dont bring me some primo cigars it will be nothing but trouble :umm:

SCUBA STEVE
07-20-2005, 08:47 AM
for all those lucky people that may be going to the island of fun this week have a great trip and safe return.......some of us have to work to pay for the mounting air conditioner bill's :frown: p.s if you dont bring me some primo cigars it will be nothing but trouble :umm:
Who is going? We just got back 4th of July weekend.
We got back just in time too, the hurricanes have been hitting the island, recently.

KACHINA KEN
07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm going in Nov for a wedding, don't have a clue of where to go though.

pixilatedpussy
07-20-2005, 09:33 AM
OMG...that was funny ACL.....Jamaica rocks! We went a couple years ago & brought the kids! Way too much fun! Didn't want to come home! ENJOY! :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
I'm going in Nov for a wedding, don't have a clue of where to go though.
Where is the wedding?

a catered life
07-20-2005, 10:19 AM
OMG...that was funny ACL.....Jamaica rocks! We went a couple years ago & brought the kids! Way too much fun! Didn't want to come home! ENJOY! :cool:
i agree i have been twice every two years but its not me going :cry: but i will be there next year this time :p
the person going may not want me to say anything :D

chrissy
07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
I'm sorry but I was in Jamacia in 2001 and I thought it sucked. Yes it's beautiful there, the water's warm but it is still a third world country. Everywhere we went (and I mean EVERYWHERE) you got hit up by everyone trying to sell you ganja, braids and wood carvings. It just drove me nuts after awhile. Even taking a walk on the beach at the hotel we stayed at in Negril they would chase you down. Thank god we got home Sept 6th. I had a friend who lived there for a year and she said after 9/11 the grocery stores got pretty bare there.

SCUBA STEVE
07-20-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm sorry but I was in Jamacia in 2001 and I thought it sucked. Yes it's beautiful there, the water's warm but it is still a third world country. Everywhere we went (and I mean EVERYWHERE) you got hit up by everyone trying to sell you ganja, braids and wood carvings. It just drove me nuts after awhile. Even taking a walk on the beach at the hotel we stayed at in Negril they would chase you down. Thank god we got home Sept 6th. I had a friend who lived there for a year and she said after 9/11 the grocery stores got pretty bare there.
I agree with everything you are saying, thats why we go to an all inclusive resort, and don't leave. I don't like exursions and all that so, staying on the resort eating like a small prince, and drinking like a king is good for me. (small prince because the food can be a little better) I have been there 3 times, I'll keep going back. The locals are cool, they make me laugh more then anything. "hey you with the tattoos" lol

SCUBA STEVE
07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
i agree i have been twice every two years but its not me going :cry: but i will be there next year this time :p
The best time to go is in Spring. No hurricanes, and less humid. So your not missing out this time.....NOT. J/K

chrissy
07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
I agree with everything you are saying, thats why we go to an all inclusive resort, and don't leave. I don't like exursions and all that so, staying on the resort eating like a small prince, and drinking like a king is good for me. (small prince because the food can be a little better) I have been there 3 times, I'll keep going back. The locals are cool, they make me laugh more then anything. "hey you with the tattoos" lol
Glad you have a good time when you're there. We went to visit a friend who was living there b/c her company out sourced some work. She made $70,000 tax-free :eek: Anyway we stayed with her so we got alot of exposure to the people and the island. We had a driver who took us to places I bet no white people ever hardly see. LOL. It's funny every road you drive down someone has got thier little roadside stand selling something. But thats how so many of them make a living, from all the tourism. It really pissed me off tho when we went to see the falls in ocho rios SP? The only way you could get out of the place was you had to walk this kinda winding path thru all the vendors there. I just thought that was a little extreme. :D

Former Raiderett Aka Eliminator Sprinter
07-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Don't worry willie I will bring you back something :D :D how much trouble could 11 girlfriends and 1 guy get into we are staying at a resort but everytime I went I have had a blast as far as people chasing you down to buy something that happens in Mexico hell it happens here in the Usa :hammerhea but all in all we will have a blast no hubbys no kids :D I leave wed night the 07/20/05

Waist Deep
07-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Where has everyone stayed in Jamaica? Whats the best?

chrissy
07-20-2005, 02:05 PM
Don't worry willie I will bring you back something :D :D how much trouble could 11 girlfriends and 1 guy get into we are staying at a resort but everytime I went I have had a blast as far as people chasing you down to buy something that happens in Mexico hell it happens here in the Usa :hammerhea but all in all we will have a blast no hubbys no kids :D I leave wed night the 07/20/05
Yup, I've been told that about Mexico ;) that's prolly why I have absolutely no desire to visit there. LOL.

chrissy
07-20-2005, 02:09 PM
The "free zone" in Montego Bay, thats where we stayed :)

That Guy
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
We will be there from August 6-13th. We have been several times and I agree with Steve that the only place to be is at an all-inclusive....great time. I will let you know how things are this year when we get back.
:boxed:

Waist Deep
07-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Anyone been to the Wyndham in Montego Bay, All Inc., Been to Bchs Negril before but theyre sold out.

SoCal_fun
07-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Have a great time. We'll have to party once you get back!! :D

Ziggy
07-20-2005, 04:56 PM
When I went I was treated like royalty---I was the reincarnated white son of Bob Marley...LOL It was funny, "yes Ziggy-mon right away"...and poof my drink was full again.
All-inclusive was the way to go but we did go against the 'rules' and hired a pair of local fellows(Micheal and Squeechy) to tour us around up a river on a panga boat where only the locals were......all these rastafarians staring at us as we went by was a little intimidating at first. We spent a few bucks on shirts and tidbits which made all very happy, again we were treated like royalty, this time outside the hotel boundries.
Stayed at Sandals, Ocho Rios.

LUVNLIFE
07-20-2005, 05:04 PM
I know who is going :wink: It'll be great Willie, good cigars and Goose on the patio. :cool:

Mrs.JBR
07-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Did you make it back??? Are you going to the mall today?? Call Me!

SCUBA STEVE
07-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Depends on what you are looking for.
Party and wild times Hedo
Party and mild times Breezes
Upperclass Ritz
Middle-upperclass class Grand lido
Basic good time couples/sandals
Next time we go back we might look into getting on of those cottage deals with a group of friends. Same thing as a hotel but on a private beach & stuff like that. :)

91nordic29
07-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Depends on what you are looking for.
Party and wild times Hedo
Party and mild times Breezes
Upperclass Ritz
Middle-upperclass class Grand lido
Next time we go back we might look into getting on of those cottage deals with a group of friends. Same thing as a hotel but on a private beach & stuff like that. :)
boy, you sure know alot about jamaica!!lol :wink: :p

SCUBA STEVE
07-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Why have I not been told of this :notam:
Because I don't have a lot of info on it, and you know what 2006 plans are already. :)

SCUBA STEVE
07-28-2005, 11:50 AM
boy, you sure know alot about jamaica!!lol :wink: :p
It's my favorite place to be. http://www2.***boat.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Sane Asylum
07-28-2005, 08:38 PM
We did Couples several years ago........Mucho fun, Good food/drink....all inclusive......
Chrissy.......Gotta loosen up a little when you're in Jamaica....... :D :D

KACHINA KEN
07-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Where is the wedding?
dunno, Im just along for the ride and the diving

chrissy
07-29-2005, 01:11 AM
We did Couples several years ago........Mucho fun, Good food/drink....all inclusive......
Chrissy.......Gotta loosen up a little when you're in Jamaica....... :D :D
LOL..I did! That $5 fattie was pretty good we bought on the beach.I guess it was just such a culture shock for me :messedup: Anyway we spent alot of time driving around, went to the Falls, the rum factory etc. I just wish we would have spent alittle more time relaxing too.

07-29-2005, 05:02 AM
Did you make it back??? Are you going to the mall today?? Call Me!
Hey Mrs JBR I got back last night there were thunder storms that causes us to miss or flight so they put is up for the night ;) in Miami ;) so we showered and changed and partied in South Beach :D :D I will give you a call tonight :D

Mrs.JBR
07-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Hey Mrs JBR I got back last night there were thunder storms that causes us to miss or flight so they put is up for the night ;) in Miami ;) so we showered and changed and partied in South Beach :D :D I will give you a call tonight :D
ah...vacation after the vacation...glad your home safe...were going to the river this weekend so......call me anyway...you should think about going to a four day work week you'll have more time to go the mall. :D

a catered life
07-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Have a great time. We'll have to party once you get back!! :D
party?

a catered life
07-29-2005, 06:05 AM
please tell me the cigars are dry :notam:

JetBoatRich
07-29-2005, 06:23 AM
:notam: :D :rolleyes:

07-29-2005, 06:24 AM
ah...vacation after the vacation...glad your home safe...were going to the river this weekend so......call me anyway...you should think about going to a four day work week you'll have more time to go the mall. :D
LMAO tell me about it I almost called in today :hammerhea

pixilatedpussy
07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
gotcha!! :D

pixilatedpussy
07-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Well said Steve! I enjoyed it & want to go back soon! :wink: Leaving for Mexico with the kids in a couple weeks! Hope it is just as fun!

SCUBA STEVE
07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
dunno, Im just along for the ride and the diving
Just make sure it is not in kingston. :)

SCUBA STEVE
07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Well said Steve! I enjoyed it & want to go back soon! :wink: Leaving for Mexico with the kids in a couple weeks! Hope it is just as fun!
Cancun might be on our list next year... or we might go back to what we know. :)
Watch out for the federales. lol

pixilatedpussy
07-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Cancun might be on our list next year... or we might go back to what we know. :)
Watch out for the federales. lol
We are going to Cabo..stayimg at the Melia Real...ever heard of it?
I will take the advise..thanks! :D Should I leave the new wedding ring at home? And wear the old one?

SCUBA STEVE
07-29-2005, 04:42 PM
We are going to Cabo..stayimg at the Melia Real...ever heard of it?
I will take the advise..thanks! :D Should I leave the new wedding ring at home? And wear the old one?
I do not know Cabo that well. A few of my friends have been there for fishing & partying though. I hear it's nice for about 4 days. More then that you get bored, but to each is their own.
I would leave it at home, the less bling you have the better off you are. :)

07-30-2005, 04:58 AM
Don't worry they are save and dry :D :D hey what are you guys doing tonight give me a call I also bought back some Jamaican rum :wink: :wink:

a catered life
07-30-2005, 05:35 AM
did u say rum and cigars in the same sentence :eek: .........you sure know how to make a man happy. :wink: ..i have somethiung to do tonight in pasadena but cass will be home with kids plus 1 or 2 extra rug rats(niece's)...she been asking me are you back for 2 days.....call her i'm sure she cant wait to hook up with you

07-30-2005, 06:08 AM
did u say rum and cigars in the same sentence :eek: .........you sure know how to make a man happy. :wink: ..i have somethiung to do tonight in pasadena but cass will be home with kids plus 1 or 2 extra rug rats(niece's)...she been asking me are you back for 2 days.....call her i'm sure she cant wait to hook up with you Sounds good :D I will give her a call I will pm my wk # to you

SCUBA STEVE
07-30-2005, 06:18 AM
Don't worry they are save and dry :D :D hey what are you guys doing tonight give me a call I also bought back some Jamaican rum :wink: :wink:
When we got back from our March trip a young guy was stopped in customs for bringing back a whole box of cigars. How many are you allowed to bring?
I also UPS'd 2 bottles of Rum to the Knuckle heads, guess what they lost the pkg, and told me to basically pound sand because UPS can only ship beer & wine. You know some driver is fricken happy right now. :(

07-30-2005, 06:45 AM
Ibought them back in my purse I had them wrap them tight and take off the seals as far as the rum I had a box of three three in my carry on and then loaded my friends down no problems mon :p :p

SCUBA STEVE
07-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Ibought them back in my purse I had them wrap them tight and take off the seals as far as the rum I had a box of three three in my carry on and then loaded my friends down no problems mon :p :p
Cool!
I brought back 6 bottles of rum, and shipped 2 from here. Well focken UPS bunred me and lost the package, and said they can not search for it because of the contents. I guess I'll just have to go back to Jamaica and get more. lol

a catered life
07-30-2005, 08:52 AM
that's a real 007 woman put it where ever it can fit baby :jawdrop:

07-30-2005, 11:37 AM
that's a real 007 woman put it where ever it can fit baby :jawdrop:
Thats right I will make a way :wink:

a catered life
07-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Thats right I will make a way :wink:
lmao :p :)