PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time to Havasu Help!

payloan
07-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Have not been anywhere but Parker what is some freindly advice. '23 boat 3 couples early 20's to 30 yrs. of age

burtandnancy
07-20-2005, 07:00 AM
Have a great time

6 Dollar Boat
07-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Have a Billy Burger, they are on the water and great.... :D

Caribbean Jet
07-20-2005, 07:11 AM
Have fun and bring a camera

a catered life
07-20-2005, 07:14 AM
dont drink to much, dont eat to much, stay out of the sun, and be nice to people :idea: shiat thats what my mom told me when i first went to TJ with some friends.........dennys is always good :D

Dave C
07-20-2005, 08:06 AM
I am sure someone else can help cuz I don't get there very often but this is what I know:
visit the channel and/or the northern sandbar during the day.
at night, visit Kokomos (in London Bridge) or Red Room.

phuggit
07-20-2005, 08:34 AM
Try to get on the water early and run north through the gorge. Maybe stop at Topock for breakfast.

Water Romper
07-20-2005, 04:23 PM
Launch REAL early…(try Windsor launch ramp) like around 6:00am. :D
Then, like other H/B’s said, head North (that’s a right from the ramp) head for Topok Gorge, real nice scenery. :D :D
Then, if you feel like it, head back the way you came, stay to the left side of the lake, go past the launch ramp you were at and head for the famous “Channel” There will be a channel on your left, slow down (no wake zone) and cruise through the channel, here is where the London Bridge is and the Channel where H/B‘s shore their boats and hang out. :smile:
If your hungry, dock in one of the cursory docks (located in front of Kokomos) secure ALL YOUR STUFF and walk to the small shops that is there…there are some places to get food and beverages. :cool:
When done, exit the channel, continuing the same direction, away from the bridge. Once past the no wake zone, HIT IT! (Watch for boats and PWC, the boats can be doing 100+ out there) Head across the lake, but veer a little to the left, keep going straight until you get across the lake and then go left, mountains, coves and beaches will be on the right. :)
Look for a canyon on the right there will be orange buoys; this will be Copper Canyon, worth a look…. :jawdrop:
This is just a tip of the ice berg of what you can do…have fun ! :chi: