PDA

View Full Version : lake pleasant question????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I am finishing up my boat and want to know if they are strict on noise at pleasant. I am running dry headers with some good horsepower and she is pretty damn loud. I like pleasant untill the ocean waves kick up, then its a rough ride for us :cry: :cry:we will roll out to humbug early and leave late. I am planning a trip within the next few weeks.

phxsleek
07-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I have been there 14 straight weekends, and have not seen or heard of any noise related problems.....let er rip!! :)

roln 20s
07-20-2005, 08:15 PM
You should be good for a while to come..I'm not sure if they have even tested anyone all year! You should be safe :)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
thanks for the info fellas. I was just curious. I live in mesa and that would be a long trip home to not be able to run. We usually go to saguaro and they are cool up there. I ran my last boat for 2 years dry and never had a problem. the last time I was in my own boat I blew by the law with the roostertail wide open with dry headers and they just waved at me;) When I roll out to your neck of the woods I will let you guys konw so we can meet up and party;)

Craig
07-21-2005, 06:28 AM
I would make sure you launch at the 10-boat ramp, not the marina :smile: I doubt anything would be said, but you should minimize your chances!

Sane Asylum
07-21-2005, 08:23 AM
You should be good for a while to come..I'm not sure if they have even tested anyone all year! You should be safe :)
How the heck do you know...........You're never there....OR maybe it's just that you're too busy pimping some bling...........

Jordy
07-21-2005, 08:27 AM
Since that dickhead with the Skater was on the news I've seen much more of a LEO presence out there than I've seen in the past, but I've also heard some really loud boats out there and never seen them stopped. :D

Evil-E
07-21-2005, 09:43 AM
We were there last Sunday with the Spectre. I have no mufflers and the LEO boat followed us for a nice little cruise. He just waved. Of course I did not buzz him at 120 either! :boxingguy

Lake Ape
07-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Since that dickhead with the Skater was on the news I've seen much more of a LEO presence out there than I've seen in the past, but I've also heard some really loud boats out there and never seen them stopped. :D
Jordy,
What Skater are you talking about? Not the white 40' that almost t-boned me? He also almost ran over my buddy who was in the water at the time, we had a flag up but he sits so high in the water I don't think he could see us. That guy is also going to rip out the bottom of that boat sometime, I saw hime going over shallow outcroppings that I wouldn't take my 20' over.
On another note did anyone see that huge houseboat in Humbug Cove on Saturday? The SOB was going at leat 20 and maybe 30 (I think he was at full throttle) and he didn't even slow down or stop in Humbug, he just honked his horn and said, "get the f$*@ out of my way!"

AZKC
07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Note to self.....Another reason to stay off Lake Pleasant ;)

Sane Asylum
07-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Jordy,
What Skater are you talking about? Not the white 40' that almost t-boned me? He also almost ran over my buddy who was in the water at the time, we had a flag up but he sits so high in the water I don't think he could see us. That guy is also going to rip out the bottom of that boat sometime, I saw hime going over shallow outcroppings that I wouldn't take my 20' over.
On another note did anyone see that huge houseboat in Humbug Cove on Saturday? The SOB was going at leat 20 and maybe 30 (I think he was at full throttle) and he didn't even slow down or stop in Humbug, he just honked his horn and said, "get the f$*@ out of my way!"
Hey watch it.........That's the way I always drive my 40' Skater and my 85' houseboat......If you don't like it stay out of my way... :hammer2: :hammer2: :D :D :D

Evil-E
07-21-2005, 02:20 PM
I used to enjoy going to Pleasant. It just seems the last few years there are more and more idiots on the lake. It amazes the amount of people who STILL do not know the direction of the lake. Sunday we had more than one boat/jetski coming directly at us on the wrong side! I'm in a big f##kin cat, can u not see me! Everybody is just worried about getting to Humbug and doing their best Girls Gone Wild skit.
Kevin, get that boat plugged up and lets go to Rosy next weekend. Larry's will have my boat till like Wed. so lets run it.

AZKC
07-21-2005, 04:18 PM
The boat should be back together this weekend. And Sleek's taken his new(to him) Eliminator up to Rosy the next weekend. So I'm pretty much going to be there :D Just not looking forward to camping :umm: its was a hot sum biatch this past weekend at Apache.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-21-2005, 08:45 PM
I saw that jackass on the news. He said he will probablly hit 140 this year!! His demeanor looked as if he didnt give a damn! Dont let his ass come close to my low budget jetboat cause I will not hesitate to hose his ass down :devil: :devil: He wont be able to see to straight with 4000psi of nozzle hitting his ass. i hate arrogant assholes like that. His wallet cant save him from getting a ass beating in that cove! I know my boat didnt cost 100k but I built it and Ill be damned if some asshole comes close to sinking it! Sorry guys I just had to vent. People like that make us safe boaters look bad!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Jordy,
You should have caught him at the ramp and beat his ass. i would have planted his head in the side of that skater.................

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-21-2005, 08:47 PM
We were there last Sunday with the Spectre. I have no mufflers and the LEO boat followed us for a nice little cruise. He just waved. Of course I did not buzz him at 120 either! :boxingguy
Sounds good. Looks like I will be there in a few weeks. I am going to hit saguaro for some test and tune for a few weeks so I dont swamp her and then it will be on;)