PDA

View Full Version : Oldsmobile Question????????????????

skeepwerkzaz
05-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey guys,
My neighbor has a freshly overhauled 455 olds. Was he supposed to seal the head bolt threads w/ anything? Thanks,
Clay
[ May 19, 2003, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: skeepwerkzaz ]

Jordy
05-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Yeah, concrete so it will sink even faster and make a better anchor. :D
(Sorry, just wanted to be the first to get to pick on an Oldsmobile for a change). :D
I know the last set of head bolts I picked up for my BBC came pre-coated with a teflon on the threads but I don't know if the same would apply to the Olds, that is, I don't know if there are bolts that run through into water jackets.

Posey
05-20-2003, 04:39 AM
I use permatex # 2 on head bolts (threads only)that go into the water jacket, blind holes just a light film of oil. I also use sealer on intake bolts if they are exposed, oil will work up the threads and come out around the head of the bolt, looks like shit on a nice engine. :cool:
Posey

skeepwerkzaz
05-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Jordy,
I was going to say Oldsmopile questions, or maybe oldsmobuick. I concur, but just trying to help out a brotha boater.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Dont worry about jordy he does this to me all the time about my oldsmorooster:D Jordy, where have you been brotha? Summer is here and I havent heard from ya! Shoot me an email so we can get together at the lake wink I am almost ready for the lake again :D

Jordy
05-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Believe it or not, I haven't been out at all. Haven't even touched the boat since February. Need to put a starter in it and I just haven't gotten motivated.
Although, as of 6:00 this evening I'm down to one boat. The Disco Pimp Schiada has left the building. :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Well if everything goes well I will be at the lake week after next. Give me a call when your ready to go;)