PDA

View Full Version : Bedcover

phebus
07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I am looking at getting a bedcover for my Chevy 2500HD S/B, and at this point, I'm not sure if I want a lid type, or a rollback.
I know the rollback has the advantage of allways being able to be moved out of the way without removal, but I'm unsure of the water issue if it rains, as well as the strength and durability.
Any other issues I should consider, and any reccomendations? I don't have a need for an electric model.
Thanks

sigepmock
07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
SoCalHD has one of those alum. covers that's painted to match the truck. It looks great, just like a fiberglass one, and he says, light (sp?) enough for him to remove and install by himself.
I also know a guy at a shop that sells Gaylord, and some other of the standard fibergalss covers but you know who I'm talking about. :smile:
Chris

Riverkid
07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
I just got a Gaylord with a Bedrug last week and I like it a lot. The new X2000 hinges work pretty cool and there's hardly any effort to get it open or closed...

meaniam
07-21-2005, 03:47 PM
one thing im unhappy with on my fiberglass cover. is the scratchs it has laft on the bed rails and side. im not sure why it does this i sprayed it with water to make sure no dirt there. that is the only disadvantage im unhappy with. and ive had mine for 2 years.
overall i love the security and convenice of my over the rail bed cover.

goneboatin
07-21-2005, 07:26 PM
one thing im unhappy with on my fiberglass cover. is the scratchs it has laft on the bed rails and side. im not sure why it does this i sprayed it with water to make sure no dirt there. that is the only disadvantage im unhappy with. and ive had mine for 2 years.
overall i love the security and convenice of my over the rail bed cover.
I had that problem on my last truck. I got some of that clear tape they use to go around windows when you have a camper with a pass-thru window, or use the clear invisi-bra tape and use it on the bed rails. That stuff is the shiznit.

LHC30Victory
07-21-2005, 08:23 PM
any input on Snug Top shells? prices for the sport one etc?

Just Tool'n
07-21-2005, 08:29 PM
I just bought a snug top supersport for my 2500HD long bed, $2200.
It sure makes that bed look longer than 8ft now, but it's great for putting tools in there & not have to worry.
If you go with the shell, get a bedrug. It makes a nice improvement on the whole look of the inside of it, plus it is much easier on the old knees.

phebus
07-21-2005, 08:43 PM
At this point, if I go with a lid, I'm looking at the Snug Lid SL, but I'm also considering a rolling cover. I'm looking for more input...........

tahitijet
07-21-2005, 09:23 PM
I can get a killer deal on snug top covers and lids.. One thing to keep in mind is all of the over to top covers will scratch your rails eventually if you don't have some sort of protection on the rail.
I'm not sure if i could save you enough on a shell or top with shipping but i can try. On the roll up cover I could tote that to CBBB with us in 3 weeks and drop it off with you.
Just Tool'n you should have hit me up on that top i could have saved you some coin over Noble, On another note Do you know if Snap on makes that tool like eastwood has for poping out the alignment tabs on 88-98 chevy trucks.. I'm tired of poping them out with the air hammer.

Hot Rod Hallett
07-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't put anything on your truck other than a Gaylord. Snugtop claims the perfect fit but that is exactly what you are going to throw when you put one on!

Just Tool'n
07-23-2005, 06:58 AM
I can get a killer deal on snug top covers and lids.. One thing to keep in mind is all of the over to top covers will scratch your rails eventually if you don't have some sort of protection on the rail.
I'm not sure if i could save you enough on a shell or top with shipping but i can try. On the roll up cover I could tote that to CBBB with us in 3 weeks and drop it off with you.
Just Tool'n you should have hit me up on that top i could have saved you some coin over Noble, On another note Do you know if Snap on makes that tool like eastwood has for poping out the alignment tabs on 88-98 chevy trucks.. I'm tired of poping them out with the air hammer.
We do not make one ourselfs. We do sell the OTC which is what most techs use, the screw tends to wear out after many repeated uses.
OTC offers no warranty on this item, Kent-Moore Tools makes one also, but they are more expensive than Snap-On on there tools.
Call me 307-8920, if you whant to get you the local hook-up price on it.