PDA

View Full Version : got river in my oil

jbergie
07-21-2005, 04:05 PM
need some advice please, i took my boat out on monday everything ok,
except blew freeze plug, came home replaced freeze plug with rubber one,
take boat out today(wed) and right when take off from ramp, notice oil pressure only at 10, normal is 60 so come back to ramp, check oil and have river (water) in my oil, i do have wet stacks with manuel on - off, when i put boat on trailer on monday every thing fine except for freeze plug and i replaced that, my question is how do i get water out of oil,
do i just drain oil and put new oil in? need suggestions thank you.
jbergie :smile:

sleekvino
07-21-2005, 04:24 PM
drain it, fill it, run it, see what happens.

sanger rat
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
You should be running a water pressure bypass. Way to much water pressure if you are blowing out soft plugs.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-21-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm betting you blew a gasket somewhere, either intake manifold or (hope not) cylinder head. If you have no restriction on your cooling water inlet, and not enough outlet flow, a jet makes WAY too much pressure at high rev for your cooling system.

Squirtcha?
07-22-2005, 08:31 AM
If you have no restriction on your cooling water inlet, or not enough outlet flow, a jet makes WAY too much pressure at high rev for your cooling system.
This would be my guess too. Maybe you closed the dump valve too much, or if you don't have a dump valve, possibly a pinched or kinked hose, or restriction of some kind (something caught in the hose not allowing full dump water to exit).
Try disconnecting the dump line and forcing some water through it to make sure you have a full flow. I have a valve on the dump but never close it down. Need to let that water escape the block, or gaskets/freeze plugs will go for sure.
Also (as stated above) check to make sure that you're not putting full pressure from the pump to the motor. If you don't have a valve (or pressure bypass) installed between the pump and motor, cut one in.
A good inlet pressure would be around 15-20 lbs.
Unregulated (no valve or bypass) the pump will put out as much as 60-80 lbs at WOT.